trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we get to find out who is on our lovely prosecutor's witness list today? ....or do we have to wait until each witness is called?

I think Juan said "Mexican Chihuahua" to get her goat. I think he believes she is ashamed of her Mexican heritage (I do too) and she prefers to portray herself as caucasian. I think Juan is proud and this is part of Jodi that pizzes him off.

I so agree!

What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:

I'm quoting myself only because this thread will close soon, and I wanted to thank y'all for replying. The concensus seems to be that there's no "Which case are we off to next, gang?" discussion at the end of a trial. Instead, it sounds like a cattle drive full of interesting characters who share a journey, then part ways at the end. That makes me sad, but will make me appreciate our remaining time together even more.

I think I have a choice between moving to Maricopa or getting back into life on the other side of the pond. What will I do without my daily Juanism?
Unless you have low thyroid and can enjoy relentless heat (nine months of 90+ and four months of 100 to 124 degrees), do yourself a favor and stay put. :hot:
Did I mention the rattlesnakes, scorpions, and assorted poisonous spiders here?
:desert:

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

It is my belief these photos were surreptitiously taken perhaps from the closet w/lens. I don't see a man posing in his shower. I just don't. And not only don't I see Travis posing, I don't see a quasi-professional photographer centering any of these photos EXCEPT the 'eye' one.
These photos look to be taken in haste and sloppily.

I believe she started setting him up w/blackmail a few weeks earlier with those taped phone calls so this might've been part of the set-up too? But perhaps Travis spotted her, freaked out, lunged at her......then, the killing ensued. I just can't believe he let her into the house that day.

I am also of the 'jury' that she might've had help. Maybe someone else was holding the gun?
I just don't know but I do know her story doesn't make sense.

I think she sneaked up on Travis while in the shower. I think she might've sneaked into the house earlier and was waiting for this opportunity?

I haven't figured out the photos on the bed yet but I think Jodi came to Mesa that day to terrify Travis at gun point then kill him with the knife. There's no way I think these shower photos were part of some Calvin Klein photo-shoot.

I agree, he is brilliant in his method. I would not, however, like to be his partner and get in an argument with him - I have a feeling I would always lose.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: "Yes or No?!!?" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Unless you have low thyroid and can enjoy relentless heat (nine months of 90+ and four months of 100 to 124 degrees), do yourself a favor and stay put. :hot:
Did I mention the rattlesnakes, scorpions, and assorted poisonous spiders here?
:desert:
Hmmmm. Isn't the courtroom cool though? And I'm sure there's a Starbucks or something I can hide in...

I do agree on ALV being tossed [Impeached], though I also believe that would include her testimony, at the very least any "Opinions" she gave that she isn't qualified to give. I hope you all read the link that gave what was needed to impeach an expert witness. One of about 5 items is needed, and IMO ALV hits on all of them.

http://www.crossexam.com/impeaching-an-expert-witness.html

Impeachment of an expert witness

I don't know if its OK to link to another website, but the one I would link to gave a detailed explanation by legals

I'll paste one of the 5

Inconsistency is another reason for impeachment, and is generally the easiest to prove. If the expert witness has previously made two or more conflicting statements, or if prior testimony is in conflict with the testimony being offered during the current proceedings, a strong case for impeachment due to inconsistency can be made. Previous statements, such as those on affidavits, sworn statements, or previous depositions, should always be thoroughly reviewed prior to the beginning of testimony by an expert witness. Contradictions or inconsistencies made during the current testimony can also be used as grounds for impeachment.

Juan brought up inconsistency today as well. He made sure to get the change in her story about where Jodi was when she shot Travis into the record one more time today. On several other occasions he specifically said, “isn’t that inconsistent with your previous testimony?” Alyce has recently stated she had ‘mispoken’ enough times that we actually jokingly use the word ‘mispoken’ in the same way Alyce did. “I misspoken.”

Bias is one of the most common strategies for impeaching a witness at trial. This involves demonstrating that the witness is motivated in his testimony by personal gain – actual payment for testifying in that particular case or the hope that testimony in this case will lead to more business as an expert witness. Repeatedly testifying for the same side during trial is also sometimes grounds for impeachment because of bias.

It was interesting today that Alyce spoke up, unprompted about her retirement fund, and despite it being poorly funded….and Juan cut her off. Why was Alyce bringing up her financial status? It seemed like she was trying to defend taking on the case for financial gain.

==============================

Arias jury: "Isn't the perpetrator of the greatest violence Jodi?"

Jury members question domestic violence expert Alyce LaViolette on who committed the greatest domestic violence in Arias and Travis Alexander's relationship.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Arias+jury%3A+%22Isn%27t+the+perpetrator+of+the+greatest+violence+Jodi%3F%22/40280768001/35150280001/2296578532001

I am convinced Jodi was abused in her own mind...she verbaly abused herself ...Proff in the investigation tapes when she was fussing at herself for no makeup

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

That was narcissism....not abuse.

Who the hell sits in an interrogation room, facing a murder charge and worries about their hair and makeup?

JMO

Looks to me like Snoopy fighting the Red Baron:
aaaasnoopy.gif

I see Strawberry's dog....

I wouldn't believe a word she wrote.

But, it's the defendant's 'Manifesto', you see.

The media will be hanging on every word, because they've a need to know why she does what she does.

Not I.

Instead, I wonder how useful it might be to the prosecutor.

I am seriously wondering if she actually has a Masters Degree. She may have taken courses towards it but I wonder if she ever actually completed them and got the degree. That would be big and would be devasting to her personally and professionally if that were to come out I'm sure.

MOO

That's what I'm thinking. Juan's tone when discussing it yesterday led me to believe it was something fundamental, like she never graduated college, and therefore, wasn't qualified to be an expert. Interesting....

So what is everyone's guess on what the defense will pull this morning to delay Juan's rebuttal from getting started????

I do agree on ALV being tossed [Impeached], though I also believe that would include her testimony, at the very least any "Opinions" she gave that she isn't qualified to give. I hope you all read the link that gave what was needed to impeach an expert witness. One of about 5 items is needed, and IMO ALV hits on all of them.

http://www.crossexam.com/impeaching-an-expert-witness.html

Impeachment of an expert witness

I don't know if its OK to link to another website, but the one I would link to gave a detailed explanation by legals

I'll paste one of the 5

Inconsistency is another reason for impeachment, and is generally the easiest to prove. If the expert witness has previously made two or more conflicting statements, or if prior testimony is in conflict with the testimony being offered during the current proceedings, a strong case for impeachment due to inconsistency can be made. Previous statements, such as those on affidavits, sworn statements, or previous depositions, should always be thoroughly reviewed prior to the beginning of testimony by an expert witness. Contradictions or inconsistencies made during the current testimony can also be used as grounds for impeachment.

Juan brought up inconsistency today as well. He made sure to get the change in her story about where Jodi was when she shot Travis into the record one more time today. On several other occasions he specifically said, “isn’t that inconsistent with your previous testimony?” Alyce has recently stated she had ‘mispoken’ enough times that we actually jokingly use the word ‘mispoken’ in the same way Alyce did. “I misspoken.”

ALV was clearly impeached on several issues, but I'm not sure what you mean about her testimony being "tossed." Maybe I am misunderstanding your post?

I'm quoting myself only because this thread will close soon, and I wanted to thank y'all for replying. The concensus seems to be that there's no "Which case are we off to next, gang?" discussion at the end of a trial. Instead, it sounds like a cattle drive full of interesting characters who share a journey, then part ways at the end. That makes me sad, but will make me appreciate our remaining time together even more.

There are so many incredible forums, causes and cases especially here on WS to get lost in.
I figure I will just go back to my regular haunts: God Bless -Rebecca Z, Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook. Brittney Wood, Isabel Celis , Lisa Irwin, Michelle Parker, Lauren Spier, Dylan Redwine :please:

I typed that wrong, Juan said ALV was upset about what was brought up in the hearing and that she should be upset about it.

I believe this is why ALV made a point of explaining, in Dan 'Ratherese', why a person can lie about any number of things without being a liar.

The ol' glass house effect coming home to roost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor