trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Juan said "Mexican Chihuahua" to get her goat. I think he believes she is ashamed of her Mexican heritage (I do too) and she prefers to portray herself as Caucasian. I think Juan is proud and this is part of Jodi that pizzes him off.

Juan called Jodi that?

IIRC the last question JM asked ALV was something about did she have a doctorate and DT jumped up, objected and asked to approach. They spent 10 mins at sidebar, then went in recess for 'in chambers' that seemd to last for 2 hours. When they came back out JM completely dropped that line of questioning. So it seems to me whatever this has to do with it might be her education --maybe she got her degree "online" or something

Rethinking the "lied in her CV" theory...

Don't you think JM would have known within two or three days after getting the witness list whether or not she had lied about something that basic?

If so, why would he have waited until now to bring it up?

:seeya: Is anyone else finding that the board here is sloooooow today ?

TIA !

Her diary seized on April 1st by the prison officials???????

Oh Lambchop I am so glad you said this.....I was thinking it, but hesitated to post it ...so glad you did!!:rocker:

Oh yes, I've been waiting with baited breath to see Andrea Sneiderman go on trial. She is so smug and condescending in her answers, uses that back and forth head bobbing thing when she's really pissed, she's a real narcissist. Even worse that Jodi in the smartazz department IMO. This trial will be interesting to watch as she will definitely try her best to spar with the prosecutor. IMHO she will be convicted, as she should be.

The difference between AS and JA, is that AS is smart, JA isn't. I hope she testifies, that's worth a bag or two of popcorn!

IIRC the last question JM asked ALV was something about did she have a doctorate and DT jumped up, objected and asked to approach. They spent 10 mins at sidebar, then went in recess for 'in chambers' that seemd to last for 2 hours. When they came back out JM completely dropped that line of questioning. So it seems to me whatever this has to do with it might be her education --maybe she got her degree "online" or something

I'm pretty sure that was one of the first things JM asked her in regards to whether or not she could perform/score psychological tests. She said she does not have her doctorate. Because she doesn't have a doctorate, she can't perform/score tests. That happened at the beginning of her cross.

I think the last issue raised by JM that may impeach her is when the jury asked if she had ever testified for a man in court. She answered yes, one or two times. JM came back and uncovered she actually hadn't testified for any man in court. ALV tried to backtrack saying she misspoke AGAIN. I think this is where JM was trying to go. IMO

I quietly walked into my bathroom while my husband was in the shower and walked around the bathroom while talking in a regular voice and he never heard me. Then I even peed (sorry if tmi) and he only realized I was there when I flushed. So my little test showed me that it would be possible for him to have not realized right away that she was there watching him, MOO

Except that Travis' shower door was glass, and I suspect that he wouldn't leave it open to take a shower, IMHO.

I didn't see much video yesterday but there was a clip someone here linked to on youtube, it's of Juan speaking before the judge yesterday and mentioning what he brought up in the sealed hearing with ALV. She stated she was upset about it and that she should be upset about it. We're all left to guess at what it was of course. If I can find the original post I will get you the link.

thank you!!

I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out what was uncovered!! I hope it's revealed at some point.

Me too - I wonder if something is sealed during trial if it can be unsealed after the trial and sentencing? Or does it stay sealed forever due to appeals?

Serious Issue to Resolve:

OK--this issue has bothered me since January--WHY DOES JODI HAVE THOSE BANGS? WHY? :floorlaugh:

Why doesn't she go all-in or all-out? Why the wispies? What look is she going for?

Is she aware how ugly she looks????

There is the Latina possibility. She may be wanting to fit in with many of her compañeras in the hoosegow.

Good morning friends! Hoping and praying for the beginning of rebuttal today.

I'll be listening along at work so I'll miss most of the visual stuff unfortunately.

Do we know who JM's first witness will be? I hope it's the DV expert.

Do we get to find out who is on our lovely prosecutor's witness list today? ....or do we have to wait until each witness is called?

I think we have to wait. In this trial, unlike the Scott/Laci Peterson trial in California, we haven't been made privy to witness lists beforehand, at least not that I've seen. It may be the difference in state laws concerning divulging the witness lists. That's what I'm thinking.

Perhaps...but, that wouldn't get her entire testimony "tossed." It would certainly go to the "weight" that the jury should consider when evaluating her testimony, but that wouldn't, in and of itself, make her testimony inadmissible.

Juan called Jodi that?

I believe (CMIIW) that JM said that the blob in Travis' eye could be a german shepherd or a chihuahua ... I don't think he said "mexican" - not that I heard anyway. He was referring to her saying she shakes like a chihuahua - definitely to get her goat :)

In the case documents section, party 001 will always mean JA - so we don't know, unless specified like with "states sixteenth supplemental...." whether filed by defense or prosecution. My bet is on defense.

I believe it's the State (01) vs. whoever.

State Of Arizona - (1)
Plaintiff N/A Martinez, Juan
Jodi Ann Arias - (2)
Defendant F Nurmi, Kirk Stephens CR2008-031021-001
SUE STODOLA - (3)

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021 pick criminal court then JA. I thought it would bring up the exact page I copied from. Sorry!

I quietly walked into my bathroom while my husband was in the shower and walked around the bathroom while talking in a regular voice and he never heard me. Then I even peed (sorry if tmi) and he only realized I was there when I flushed. So my little test showed me that it would be possible for him to have not realized right away that she was there watching him, MOO

You flushed the toilet while he was showering!? Now that is abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple