trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how could he not see her there taking pictures if she did sneak back in?

The flash was on in the first 2 pictures of the shower, then turned off for about 15-17 shots, then turned back on for the last 2 (TA face, TA torso sitting in shower). The flash IMO was turned back off before the ceiling shot and the hallway pics. So feasibly, she could have snuck up on him, I just can't see a man sitting in the shower without it being a pose.

The thing that strikes me odd is that the last next to last shower shot with flash on, appear to be through a clear glass shower door. The next one of torso sitting, door appears to be open, flash still on, so after that shot, the flash got turned off as it doesn't appear to be on during the ceiling pic. Thoughts?

I don't know the rules in the rebuttal portion of the trial, but in the Defense CIC, she was a witness, giving the State the right to cross examine.

I don't know what rules apply for this next part of the trial, though.

I posted some general info in the OP of the rebuttal thread.. from my understanding (ianal=i am not a lawyer) the defense can have a surrebuttal case after the rebuttal case.

I believe (CMIIW) that JM said that the blob in Travis' eye could be a german shepherd or a chihuahua ... I don't think he said "mexican" - not that I heard anyway. He was referring to her saying she shakes like a chihuahua - definitely to get her goat :)

he said Mexican

I believe (CMIIW) that JM said that the blob in Travis' eye could be a german shepherd or a chihuahua ... I don't think he said "mexican" - not that I heard anyway. He was referring to her saying she shakes like a chihuahua - definitely to get her goat :)

He said "Mexican Chihuahua".

I doubt Einstein's latest journal (the one found in her cell in April) will have much truth in it. I'm sure it is as doctored as her previous ones. She would be fairly certain that sooner or later this latest journal would be found. So in this one she's probably written more lies.

I'm with the others who suspect that the whopper about ALV is that JM discovered she lied on her cv or is not as fully educated as she claims. In other words, her reputation as an expert is based on lies. :moo:

Becky Sharp! you got a new double u (w)! :rocker:

I found the post with the link but I don't know how to copy it over here - :blushing:

It's post #892 from earlier this morning by Nhic. It's on page 36 I believe.
Thank you so much.....I copy and pasted it below..that's the only way I know how to bring it over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR71...ature=youtu.be

JM says ALV should be upset, "based on what was uncovered at that hearing" (yesterday's sealed hearing)

Will we ever find out what was uncovered?

I wondered if The Prosecutor was referring to ALV going up to Samantha. I can see Juan getting very heated about that and therefore saying that's why she deserved to be upset.
I don't think what happened with ALV in the most recent sealed proceeding (Monday 4/15) had anything to do with her approaching Samantha. That seems to have already been dealt with privately based on reports from courtroom observers. Moreover it doesn't seem like something the court would bring to the jury's attention unless absolutely necessary.

Based on what happened with ALV on Friday (judge's terse comments about her return on Monday or Tuesday being a high priority and still being under subpoena), I think it has something to do with sealed proceedings that took place late last week following JM's searing recross after jury questions.

During arguments for the defense's second motion for mistrial on Monday, Nurmi accused JM (among other things) of unfairly attacking ALV while questioning her in a recent sealed hearing. In his response, JM said: "An allegation that somehow the state was inappropriate in questioning Alyce LaViolette that was in a sealed proceeding-you (JSS) were there, you know the circumstances. Nothing could be further from the truth. Quite frankly, it is heartening for the prosecutor to have the defense attorney make that argument and to have you present so that you could rule on their objections as the questioning went along and you could see the subject matter that was addressed. So clearly, there was no prosecutorial misconduct. If somehow there is this allegation that she (ALV) was upset about it, well then, she should be upset about it based on what was uncovered at that hearing. And I think the court knows what I'm talking about."

Oh yes, I've been waiting with baited breath to see Andrea Sneiderman go on trial. She is so smug and condescending in her answers, uses that back and forth head bobbing thing when she's really pissed, she's a real narcissist. Even worse that Jodi in the smartazz department IMO. This trial will be interesting to watch as she will definitely try her best to spar with the prosecutor. IMHO she will be convicted, as she should be.

Is she the one whose husband was killed in front of a daycare? She wears Pashminas and acts like she's condescending to speak to all the peons around her--meanwhile, she's not attractive inside or out. I immediately had a negative feeling about her. I get a bey-otch vibe.

Can anyone tell me the if Las Vegas is an hour off of Phoenix time? Earlier or later? I'm taking a dear friend who just lost her Dad to cancer to Vegas and won't have computer access at all next week. I'm gonna have to rely on HLN and don't even have a clue as to what time NG & DD even start out there. Thanks!!!! Send me a PM so we don't O/T the board?

I believe this is why ALV made a point of explaining, in Dan 'Ratherese', why a person can lie about any number of things without being a liar.

The ol' glass house effect coming home to roost...

ALV had no problems overlooking all the lies Jodi told but zeroed in on Travis for saying he was a virgin. This is without any real knowledge of when they started having sex, except through Jodi's statement. For all ALV knew it was a private joke when he'd say that. How would she know? ALV could not ask him but she has no problem calling him out as a liar instead of saying it appears he was being untruthful unless he was using it for humor purposes. Given his sense of humor it just seems something he might say to get the attention from future female PPL members to get them to sign up. He was quite the salesman and isn't that all part of salesmanship. It's never a lie, it's a promotional opportunity.

Is ALV back on the stand today? If so, what for? Thanks

I just looked up Alyce Laviolette's CV. She does not have a PhD, just a Masters in Psychology. Where I live (Ontario, Canada) she would not be permitted to work as a therapist - you need to have a PhD. (Although, oddly, you can be a therapist if you have a Masters of Social Work.)

Tink

Maybe make Dr. DeMarte's laptop disappear again?

Can I just state the obvious - I am DYING to hear her testimony about Jodi's psychological profile - this is the testimony I am most looking forward to - even more than the forensic computer guy. OOOh I just cannot wait!

I'm thinking he said "mexican chihuahua" too. I laughed out loud when he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple