trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think what happened with ALV in the most recent sealed proceeding (Monday 4/15) had anything to do with her approaching Samantha. That seems to have already been dealt with privately based on reports from courtroom observers. Moreover it doesn't seem like something the court would bring to the jury's attention unless absolutely necessary.

Based on what happened with ALV on Friday (judge's terse comments about her return on Monday or Tuesday being a high priority and still being under subpoena), I think it has something to do with sealed proceedings that took place late last week following JM's searing recross after jury questions.

During arguments for the defense's second motion for mistrial on Monday, Nurmi accused JM (among other things) of unfairly attacking ALV while questioning her in a recent sealed hearing. In his response, JM said: "An allegation that somehow the state was inappropriate in questioning Alyce LaViolette that was in a sealed proceeding-you (JSS) were there, you know the circumstances. Nothing could be further from the truth. Quite frankly, it is heartening for the prosecutor to have the defense attorney make that argument and to have you present so that you could rule on their objections as the questioning went along and you could see the subject mater that was addressed. So clearly, there was no prosecutorial misconduct. If somehow there is this allegation that she (ALV) was upset about it, well then, she should be upset about it based on what was uncovered at that hearing. And I think the court knows what I'm talking about"

BBM... Was anyone else shouting at their screen at that moment, 'No we don't, please, please enlighten us.' Nobody heard me though, asked but not answered, OBJECTION!

I think Juan said "Mexican Chihuahua" to get her goat. I think he believes she is ashamed of her Mexican heritage (I do too) and she prefers to portray herself as Caucasian. I think Juan is proud and this is part of Jodi that pizzes him off.

I think it's important to her state of mind to note that Jodi hated her life. She hated Yreka ... Hated her heritage (her friend said that was the reason she went blonde... to look less Hispanic) and was too damned lazy to do what was necessary to better herself. She saw Travis as a bridge... or a shortcut to the life she felt she was meant to live. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Planning to go to Cancun with Mimi was the biggest step AWAY from Jodi Travis had taken since the break up.

She was delusional IMO.

Which brings me to the thing I'm obsessed with today...

Jodi's Dad in his interview with Flores:

JAD: One day she called me crying hysterically when she decided to moved to Mesa Arizona and she snuck up in his house and she looked in the window and she saw Travis on the couch with another woman and here they are, she was planning on marrying this guy so she just left but then she just stayed there for I don't know how many months

By all accounts according to her parents ... she was secretive and shared little to nothing about her personal life.

I posted some general info in the OP of the rebuttal thread.. from my understanding (ianal=i am not a lawyer) the defense can have a surrebuttal case after the rebuttal case.

Oh dear lord! If they can drag this out any longer, they will. I won't have any hair left when/if this trial ever ends.

Ok, I just finished two videos for today. The third one will be coming sometime tomorrow.

Jodi Arias Trial - The Inkblot Test Part 1 - YouTube

Jodi Arias Trial - The Inkblot Test Part 2 - YouTube

:offtobed:

Here's the third;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p63DuMdrPbA"]Jodi Arias Trial - The Inkblot Test Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

AGAIN?
How many naps do you take in one day and then not be able to sleep at night?

One of my maladies causes me to only get a few hours here and there. Rarely do I get eight hours of sac time. Fortunately, I got some more Ambien and that might help. Although ti didn't last night.

Does anyone think, or have evidence, that JM frequents this board? If I were in his position, I'd certainly have people reviewing threads for helpful information which will lead to it's expiration.

Becky Sharp! you got a new double u (w)! :rocker:

Awwwww, you noticed :blushing:. How sweet!

Pssst, I've a w key right now because I'm at work (ahem). Please don't tell on me!

And so, while I do my "work" (:floorlaugh:) I can use all kinds of w words. I can even talk like Elmer Fudd rather than Col. Klink. Wascally wabbit! Oy boy, a weekend of west and wewaxation!! WWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwW!:floorlaugh:

Woooo weeee waaaa!!

There are so many incredible forums, causes and cases especially here on WS to get lost in.
I figure I will just go back to my regular haunts: God Bless -Rebecca Z, Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook. Brittney Wood, Isabel Celis , Lisa Irwin, Michelle Parker, Lauren Spier, Dylan Redwine :please:

And the McStay family. So strange.

Prosicution Misconduct _ Juan gave Nurmi a dirty look :(

I'm thinking the DT will throw their own witnesses under the bus and claim because they failed her, a mentally ill woman is facing the DP.

A little diddy for Jodi.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbizM8tRR4"]Cha-cha-cha Chihuahua song & lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone have direct knowledge that ALV was physically at the hearing yesterday? Beth Karas states on her FB that ALV is due in court today & I did not read any courtroom observers comment on seeing ALV there.

It wouldn't have surprised me if, after they made JW and it move to another part of the courtroom, ALV sidled up to the family in the jury booth.

What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:

First, you will swear to family and friends, "Never again! Too heart wrenching." You'll have withdrawal symptoms while you watch for snippets of what the jurors from this case have to say.

Then you'll have somewhat of a "normal life" for a time. :great: Soon you'll start watching true crime TV shows.

One day you'll be watching 48 hours about what some depraved individual did to another and your curiosity gets the best of you so you come here to WS to see what others are saying and you'll find info that the news didn't report and your jaw drops.:what: You are then hooked again and your family will be back to soup and sandwiches for dinner and you learn to do bits of housework during sidebars.

Never fear. For a true sleuth the next "fix" is just a headline away (unfortunately). :furious:

ALV was clearly impeached on several issues, but I'm not sure what you mean about her testimony being "tossed." Maybe I am misunderstanding your post?

That post of mine was in reply to another post that was in reply to another. The first thought "toss" would include her testimony. The second one and the one I replied to, thought her testimony would stand.

I'm just speculating, perhaps we all are. I just felt that should she be impeached, as I said in my post, it would require, at the least, the judge telling the jurors to eliminate from consideration any "Opinions" by ALV that she may nor be qualified to make. I just hope we get a full and detailed explanation of all that took place in private with the judge and both sides, not only the end result

Thank you so much.....I copy and pasted it below..that's the only way I know how to bring it over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR71...ature=youtu.be

JM says ALV should be upset, "based on what was uncovered at that hearing" (yesterday's sealed hearing)

Will we ever find out what was uncovered?

ALV's cv shown on her website is 20 pages long. Her educational degrees don't appear until p. 19. I don't know if she's ashamed that she has an Associate's degree in P.E. or what, but it's very odd for a professional to "bury" her educ. info like that imo.

IIRC the last question JM asked ALV was something about did she have a doctorate and DT jumped up, objected and asked to approach. They spent 10 mins at sidebar, then went in recess for 'in chambers' that seemd to last for 2 hours. When they came back out JM completely dropped that line of questioning. So it seems to me whatever this has to do with it might be her education --maybe she got her degree "online" or something
Glad you posted this comment about the lengthy sidebar. I distinctly remember JM standing there, rifling through his notepad with what I thought were probably many questions/issues that could potentially (further) impeach ALV. It didn't surprise me when they disappeared into chambers, my guess was that the judge thought it best to deal with them behind closed doors first before putting ALV back in front of the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor