trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Jodi Arias trial is over, I need to do some serious spring cleaning. I also need to get off my :butthead: and start walking and riding my bike as I've not had much exercise since last fall. I usually plant annuals over Memorial Day if not a week or so before.

The only trial on my docket is a local trial (Oakland County, MI) that hasn't garnered much discussion here, but there is a thread on the case of Patrick Mikes: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180331&highlight=patrick+mikes The Oakland County Courthouse is about 20 minutes away, so I might consider attending the trial at least once. I think the next big media sensation will be the George Zimmerman trial, but that doesn't interest me as much as the local case.

Does anyone think, or have evidence, that JM frequents this board? If I were in his position, I'd certainly have people reviewing threads for helpful information which will lead to it's expiration.

I think he probably has someone on his staff read through social media & message boards--since KC & Jose Baez, I think it is a great strategy for keeping up with details the public is talking about.

But there were several photos taken where it looks like he could have been photographed without him knowing... After the first flash, wouldn't he have noticed her there? Not arguing, just trying to figure this shower scenario out.

The Flash wasn't on which is why everything looks dark. The light above the shower was the only light in the photos UNTIL the face photo.

I think it's important to her state of mind to note that Jodi hated her life. She hated Yreka ... Hated her heritage (her friend said that was the reason she went blonde... to look less Hispanic) and was too damned lazy to do what was necessary to better herself. She saw Travis as a bridge... or a shortcut to the life she felt she was meant to live. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Planning to go to Cancun with Mimi was the biggest step AWAY from Jodi Travis had taken since the break up.

She was delusional IMO.

Which brings me to the thing I'm obsessed with today...

Jodi's Dad in his interview with Flores:

JAD: One day she called me crying hysterically when she decided to moved to Mesa Arizona and she snuck up in his house and she looked in the window and she saw Travis on the couch with another woman and here they are, she was planning on marrying this guy so she just left but then she just stayed there for I don't know how many months

By all accounts according to her parents ... she was secretive and shared little to nothing about her personal life.

BBM : That is an under statment and she continues to be in my opinion.
She is a scary person who really needs the DP, she will never stop her lies IMO

ALV's cv shown on her website is 20 pages long. Her educational degrees don't appear until p. 19. I don't know if she's ashamed that she has an Associate's degree in P.E. or what, but it's very odd for a professional to "bury" her educ. info like that imo.

You totally beat me to that post!! I agree--who puts education on the last page? Weird.

1980 MASTER OF SCIENCE, Community-Clinical Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1969 BACHELOR OF ARTS, Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA

I don't think I can stomach that trial. The details make me sick to my stomach. :(

I'm with you, I think I have to pass on that one. Too sick, I know that one would push me over the edge. :(

Maybe the reason ALV's license was cancelled had something to do with that Dr.'s license being revoked for having sex with someone, cannot remember if was student or patient.
I found it interesting that she said 3000 hours of interning/studying could count the hours of one's own therapy towards the total.

I believe it's the State (01) vs. whoever.

State Of Arizona - (1)
Plaintiff N/A Martinez, Juan
Jodi Ann Arias - (2)
Defendant F Nurmi, Kirk Stephens CR2008-031021-001
SUE STODOLA - (3)

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021 pick criminal court then JA. I thought it would bring up the exact page I copied from. Sorry!

That was a mistake made in a previous Phoenix trial (Gabriel Johnson's case) - in that case, above it showed State as 001, Elizabeth Johnson as 002 and Tammi Smith as 003. However, in the case documents section, Elizabeth was referred to as party 001, and Tammi Smith as party 002.

The state is not charged, so they are not party 001 in case documents section.

When you get your Masters you need a certain number of hours period. To get it in a certain sub specialty under that heading you need a certain amount of those hours to be in that subject. I hope that makes sense.

I had to take an additional class to get my masters in two, lets call them specialtys (like ALV would be DV), under the heading of the Masters degree I received because I did not have enough in one of them, let just say computer education.

So you can have your Masters with the right amount of hours but not be certified in an area or subspecialty if you did not take the appropriate hours in that area.

I hope that makes sense.

Do we get to find out what Alyce is in trouble or not in trouble for today?

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

Go watch Psycho and you'll see Janet Leigh in similar poses

Can I just state the obvious - I am DYING to hear her testimony about Jodi's psychological profile - this is the testimony I am most looking forward to - even more than the forensic computer guy. OOOh I just cannot wait!

Oh yeah, I'm practically salivating at the chance to hear a real Doctor give a psychological profile on Jodi! We haven't heard one yet in this trial. I surely hope she is up 1st thing today! :yesss:

First, you will swear to family and friends, "Never again! Too heart wrenching." You'll have withdrawal symptoms while you watch for snippets of what the jurors from this case have to say.

Then you'll have somewhat of a "normal life" for a time. :great: Soon you'll start watching true crime TV shows.

One day you'll be watching 48 hours about what some depraved individual did to another and your curiosity gets the best of you so you come here to WS to see what others are saying and you'll find info that the news didn't report and your jaw drops.:what: You are then hooked again and your family will be back to soup and sandwiches for dinner and you learn to do bits of housework during sidebars.

Never fear. For a true sleuth the next "fix" is just a headline away (unfortunately). :furious:

Are you stalking me? Am I on video? :floorlaugh: Great post dani!! You have a sharp wit and excellent perceptions!!

This may be a possibility - IIRC JM in his follow up to jury questions tried to get back into her education and he was not permitted to do it.

That's what I remembered too. And I believe it was posted here that she had listed 1974 as her Master's Degree year on a board of directors website (sorry not sure what board that was) and she lists 1980 on her CV and stated it in the trial.

ETA: Found the Board of Directors link http://www.csulb.edu/alumni/association/bod.html

I think it's important to her state of mind to note that Jodi hated her life. She hated Yreka ... Hated her heritage (her friend said that was the reason she went blonde... to look less Hispanic) and was too damned lazy to do what was necessary to better herself. She saw Travis as a bridge... or a shortcut to the life she felt she was meant to live. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Planning to go to Cancun with Mimi was the biggest step AWAY from Jodi Travis had taken since the break up.

She was delusional IMO.

Which brings me to the thing I'm obsessed with today...

Jodi's Dad in his interview with Flores:

JAD: One day she called me crying hysterically when she decided to moved to Mesa Arizona and she snuck up in his house and she looked in the window and she saw Travis on the couch with another woman and here they are, she was planning on marrying this guy so she just left but then she just stayed there for I don't know how many months

By all accounts according to her parents ... she was secretive and shared little to nothing about her personal life.

According to JA's testimony, she had called to talk to her sister about seeing the other woman, but she wasn't home, so she talked to her dad. IMHO, that was probably the first time her parents realized what JA really thought about her relationship with Travis.

Are Casey and Jodi similar in age? anyone know.

I don't think so... Casey is much younger.. BUT..... has anyone else noticed how much JODI and OCTOMOM look alike... I saw Octo on TV a little while back and it hit me... :moo::moo::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor