trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:

When there is a guilty of murder in the first degree verdict (like with Scott Peterson) then the feeling of justice and the sentencing phase keeps one occupied.

With KC's verdict I was numb with shock for months. Venting helped a bit but not much.

What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:

I followed Scott Peterson and cheered when they found him guilty. Then I bought a couple of books that were good reads.

But I also followed Casey Anthony and was 1000% sure of her guilt and was depressed for days. I was sure I would wake one day and hear the news that she had mysteriously disappeared. Instead, she is always making headlines. Always about her. I swore I would never watch another trial!

That was all on TV, and then I found websleuths. Oh my, now I cannot wait to read all the posts, all the debates and the great humor. But I do want it to end.
Whatever will we do??:seeya:

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but in re: JA's twitter account, I find this tweet particularly interesting:

Jodi Arias‏@Jodiannarias22 Mar
For crying out loud, It's Imitrex. You know, for migraines.

And the reason I find it interesting is that there was such a hub-bub over giving JA a lunch, since no one but the jail is supposed to be feeding her, so...

is JA taking meds out of jail with her lunch, or is someone on the outside providing it to her?

IMHO, either way, should be against the rules.

Pay attention, SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO!

Remember Judge Stan Strickland?

Now we have Nurmi, (or more likely Donovan) searching the very social media that the defence team decries, for anything they can construe as grounds for mistrial.

Even yesterday's presentation came from that very source. Reflections in Travis' eyes was visualized and discussed on this forum; along with many others; and even presented by a caller on the Nancy Grace show some weeks ago.

Indeed, 'the irony is rich'.

Hi Teletude, when you get the reply would you post it here? :)
This was asked a few times before so someone asked one of the attorneys there and I cannot remember their explanation but they did say that yes she could be called during rebuttal but JM probably would not do that. I want to say it was answered by AZ Lawyer or Gitano 1 (hope I spelled that right). I would hope it isn't necessary. I think I heard that the defense can question the rebuttal witnesses. If so, could you imagine how Nurmi would walk JA all the way back through her testimony? Ugh. Couldn't go through that again. Thanks forthe reply.:seeya:

Thanks! I posed a question over there.

I just posted this on the legal thread & thought it might help to post it here too:

I am not an attorney, but I DID ask earlier (seems like weeks ago) if the DEFENSE TEAM could recall JA before they rested, and I believe the attorneys on legal thread said they could but it would be highly unusual. I do not think the defendant can be called by prosecuting attorney, but that is my lay person's understanding only.

I also think that when JA is found guilty, her appeal of ineffective counsel won't fly, because a defendant is supposed to be able to aid in their own defense, but how is she doing that if she's spending her court days creating drawings to sell on the internet?

In the case documents section, party 001 will always mean JA - so we don't know, unless specified like with "states sixteenth supplemental...." whether filed by defense or prosecution. My bet is on defense.

Maybe her mother?

There's always another trial, unfortunately.

I think I have a choice between moving to Maricopa or getting back into life on the other side of the pond. What will I do without my daily Juanism?

This image, where the camera was clearly over Travis/above his shoulder, not only debunks and devoids her testament of crouching, it de-proves she was indeed standing ;)

For someone who suffered these unfortunate post-traumatic fog-outs------ her meticulous descriptive pre-memory is so incredulously scripted it's almost laughable.

2jdq83s.jpg

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

She didn't! She snuck back in after he booted her out.

That's my story and i'm sticking to it. :) lol

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

Whatever was uncovered, JM implies it has upset ALV. That's BIG.

I'm thinking the judge is going to toss ALV's testimony!

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I detest about intensely following trials. It's that empty feeling that is so annoying. It helps to replace that time with cleaning your house...talking to your children and remembering their names and Lord help you if their name begins with the letter J or T. Then there are times you havw to catch yourself from using "Jodi trial speak" with youe husband such as, "You don't have to get all Nurmi about it !" And asking your child 8f they were in a fog when they didn't do what you told them ten minutes ago. Just take it one day at a time because it does getter better until the Andrea Sneiderman trial begins.

Teletude,
AZ lawyer just answered you on legal thread. Prosecutor cannot compel defendant to testify UNLESS she has already given testimony, which she did.

However, no one believes JM will call her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth