trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Willmott has had to wear two hats - attorney and minder. Nurmi can barely manage one.

Did you notice how verbally abusive Nurmi was yesterday to JM? What would ALV think of him? lol

How could someone think that she could have run off and got the knife. It makes absolutely no sense. There just wasn't enough time. Just look at the photos. She didn't run off downstairs or into the bedroom or wherever to get the knife. It doesn't cohere. She had to have had it already at hand, as well as the gun. I also think that she not only chose, but planned to kill him with the knife, versus the gun.

It's obvious JA planned to kill him with a gun which is why she stole the gun from her grandparents and took it with her on the trip. My suggestion was that after she shot him, he didn't die and the gun jammed and she couldn't shoot him again so she had to find another way to finish him off, thus the knife, wherever it was. I think TA really pissed her off when he ruined her plan by escaping from the shower leaking blood everywhere and on her. A big part of her plan was to kill him in the shower so NONE of his blood would get on her. Also a knife fight is too sloppy. He could overpower her, she could get cut etc. I don't think the knife was the original plan. A gunshot to the head in the shower could have been perfect but something went very wrong and caused her to deviate from her original plan of shooting him.

Don't hold your breath on this verdict, just because SOME love jm, doesn't mean most do and we have seen in the CA trial, it's best not to assume. Don't like him myself, he could handle this so different and still get a conviction, but hey that's JMO

BBM

I think you have it wrong, myself.

Most love JM. :rocker: He has handled the trial just as he should- with fierce determination and love of the truth and distain for bu!! sh.

Of course it's just your opinion and that's fine and this is just my opinion :twocents:

The eye reflection photo does not mean a hill of beans to me. Anybody can make out "something". I think it is pretty shallow that the DT pulling that stunt. But in a death penalty case....a DT will pull many motions and string out the smallest thing.....so in a way-this was expected of them. Of course...................... :moo:

I couldn't figure out how they thought those where her arms. When looking at the pic if those where her arms look at the unnatural way she's holding them. Who takes a pic with their left arm folded and up over their head like that? I assume the arm is folder because I see a pointed elbow. JMO

It's obvious JA planned to kill him with a gun which is why she stole the gun from her grandparents and took it with her on the trip. My suggestion was that after she shot him, he didn't die and the gun jammed and she couldn't shoot him again so she had to find another way to finish him off, thus the knife, wherever it was. I think TA really pissed her off when he ruined her plan by escaping from the shower leaking blood everywhere and on her. A big part of her plan was to kill him in the shower so NONE of his blood would get on her. Also a knife fight is too sloppy. He could overpower her, she could get cut etc. I don't think the knife was the original plan. A gunshot to the head in the shower could have been perfect but something went very wrong and caused her to deviate from her original plan of shooting him.

Im in the gun shot last camp, ,but if he was shot first there would have been more evidence of heomhoraging (sp?) According to dr horn.
He would have been easily subdued by the knife wound to the chest puncturing the vena cava.

I hope we do get to see dr dreamy again in rebuttal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The jury was in and out in five minutes. Only thing they heard was a stipulation that Jodi didn't have a gun or knife in her hand at the time she took the close up of Travis's face in the shower. This was a compromise between State & DT following the Daubert hearing earlier in the day.

Why would that be allowed? Has it been established? TIA for any info, as I'm not getting where that's coming from, especially after watching a recreation. It seemed to point to JA holding the camera in her (non-dominant) right hand while she had a weapon in her left.

Did you notice how verbally abusive Nurmi was yesterday to JM? What would ALV think of him? lol

It concerns two men so she'd just let them fight it out. She wouldn't care unless there is a woman involved. :what:

I remember JM stating that his office brought it to his attention because the office is investigating the tweeting activity. Judge S. said she wouldn't make a determination until / if a motion is entered.

Briefly, iirc during a DT motion JM stated that the defendant was tweeting through Donovan B, yet he, the prosecutor was repeatedly being accused of misconduct. However, he declined to go any further and told JSS he had no intention of filing a complaint with the court.

JM specifically stated that his office would NOT pursue an investigation at this time due to the DT's certain response, which would be to accuse the Prosecution of witness intimidation yet again.

JM was making the brilliant points that by engaging in ridiculous histrionics, repeatedly filing spurious motions in order to deflect and distract from the facts of the case, all the while enriching its players financially, it is the Defense Team which is mis-using the Court to intimidate the Prosecutor, not vice-versa.

I think the defense wants to argue that she was merely taking pictures and didn't corner him in the shower, making him sit in a vulnerable position to stab him. They somehow think that this will make her story of dropping the camera more believable.

I agree with you and others - it's nuts. I think JM just thought it was better to stipulate that she didn't have weapons out by that time rather than allowing the DT to make a huge issue out of it, possibly drawing attention to something that was never an issue with the jury to begin with. Smart move.

What a colossal waste of the court's time. The prosecution never said she had the weapons out in that picture. The fact remains, the evidence of premeditation is overwhelming and the brutal murder was carried out.

I didn't see the end of yesterday---The outcome, other than the ridiculous photo will be allowed in. Does that mean the DT is now going to call Mr. Photoshop, and do their thing for days with THIS witness?!! I could care less about the photo---I couldn't see anything in it that would help their case in the least, and IMO the jury will look at it and think "WTF?????!!!" too.
I was hoping Juan would be starting his rebuttal case today, but if the DT is going to put Mr. Photoshop on the stand, we are probably looking at a few more days of testify, cross, jury questions, etc. UGH!

From some comments here it sounds as if that might NOT be the case, and the DT only wants to enter the eye pix into evidence, and no accompanying testimony?
Can someone enlighten me? I am not watching any more of this until Juan's rebuttal case as I am on trial overload, and have had it with Jodi, her DT team, and sleazy witnesses like Samuels a and ALV.

There's definitely some history there. Nurmi's taunts were unseemly - cowardly because he was hiding behind the protection of Judge S, unmanly because he came across as a crybaby, and down right stupid knowing JM would surely stand up and deliver a knock-out punch. At least Willmott doesn't strike me as an idiot.

I agree with your theory. Her plan was to shot him in the shower it would have been clean and easy for her. She did not anticipate the shot not killing him. When she pulled out the gun she only had a split second to shoot because once Travis saw the gun he would bolt up and could wrestle the gun from her. So when she pulled out the gun her aim wasn't perfect and the bullet didnt enter his brain and he was able to stagger to the sink. The gun jammed when she tried shooting him again so she threw the gun and started stabbing him in the back when he was at the sink. I think he then turned around and tried to protect himself and that is when he got the defensive wounds to his hands and stabbed in the chest. At that point he tried getting away down the hall but he was losing so much blood he dropped to the floor and that is when she finished him off. JMHO

I didn't see the end of yesterday---The outcome, other than the ridiculous photo will be allowed in. Does that mean the DT is now going to call Mr. Photoshop, and do their thing for days with THIS witness?!! I could care less about the photo---I couldn't see anything in it that would help their case in the least, and IMO the jury will look at it and think "WTF?????!!!" too.
I was hoping Juan would be starting his rebuttal case today, but if the DT is going to put Mr. Photoshop on the stand, we are probably looking at a few more days of testify, cross, jury questions, etc. UGH!

From some comments here it sounds as if that might NOT be the case, and the DT only wants to enter the eye pix into evidence, and no accompanying testimony?
Can someone enlighten me? I am not watching any more of this until Juan's rebuttal case as I am on trial overload, and have had it with Jodi, her DT team, and sleazy witnesses like Samuels a and ALV.

No, eye-guy's enlarged pic wasn't entered into evidence. The pic eye-guy fiddled with was already in evidence. No, eye-guy will not be testifying again. At least according to folks here who seem to know what they're talking about.

Mornin' Peeps

:coffeews:

No, I don't think so. She obviously chose yesterday.

At about 1:04:44 - The judge says the sealed meeting at 1:15 was with ALV.
On Friday she gave her the choice of doing it today or tomorrow. She obviously chose Monday

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 47 - Misconduct/Evidentairy Hearing - Part 2 - YouTube Jodi Arias Trial - Day 47 - Misconduct/Evidentairy Hearing - Part 2 - YouTube

So I guess we'll never know what the sealed meeting was for?

The judge said on Friday that ALV needed to come back to complete her testimony, right?

Shouldn't testimony be public??

Well I saw homer simpson in the one he drew on so take that for what its worth :floorlaugh:

Like i said before juan would not have stipulated if it was that important in the grand scheme of things.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree. I believe his best moment is yet to come. GO JUAN!!!!!

BTW, Homer rules :rocker:
Homer_Simpson_2006.png

I disagree with the view that Nurmi and Willmott are only doing their jobs. It has become personal for both of them. Nurmi hates JM while Willmott not only hates JM but also feels she is now JA's personal guardian and BFF. How ridiculous for Willmott to sit at the table with JA and giggle. And allowing JA to decide when to object. Really, Willmott? You really want guidance from an uneducated murderer who couldn't even finish high school? Not only are the Defense lawyers not doing their jobs but they are the ones who are treating this trial as though it were a circus. They get a big fat D minus for everything they've done.

I couldn't figure out how they thought those where her arms. When looking at the pic if those where her arms look at the unnatural way she's holding them. Who takes a pic with their left arm folded and up over their head like that? I assume the arm is folder because I see a pointed elbow. JMO

Truly I don't know how anybody could take a picture the way the outline is. :facepalm:

I'm soooooooooooooooo ready for Juan today.

When I was young, I remember watching the movie "The Bad Seed." If you want to know what JA is like, watch that movie. It is a perfect description. And you will also get an idea of what TA initially saw in her when he told Sky Hughes, "She is really that nice."

I have a different view. I don't believe Jodi is capable of a meltdown in court. She may show a bit of anger when pronounced guilty but she knows she can appeal. I don't believe she has it in her to be emotional. When she killed Travis, I do not believe there were any emotions or passion at play. I believe she premeditated the whole murder, planned the details, thought she was justified and was methodical about it. Then when she left him there what did she do? She called his phone and left a voicemail making it sound as if everything was perfectly fine in her world. Because in her mind, everything was fine. He was gone. I can see her driving down the highway, smiling to herself, thinking she had just pulled off the perfect murder. When she rented that car a few weeks later, bought a gun and two knives, I truly believe she was planning to kill the Hughes and maybe Mimi. There is no sadness, no remorse. If the defense team feels anything, it should be relief that their nightmare is soon over.

I agree with all but the idea of Jodi planning to kill the Hughes and maybe Mimi, a suggestion I've read here from several posters. I can't imagine that at all once Travis was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV