trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Willmott was just stalling because she wasn't prepared yet for substantive cross examination.

Yes she did waste time and taxpayers money with this extended questioning on her qualifications. Will she spend another hour tomorrow on this same subject?

Good to see Bill Shaeffer weighing in on Nancy Grace..says Juan is a master of cross examination

My dog closes his eyes tight when he wants to be invisible and I think that is how JA was without her glasses today :floorlaugh:

I wonder who JA's best friend is that has "come out of hiding" and is going to debate NG... Hmmm....

She was on before with the wedding video. She said Jodi took still photos for her as a "gift."

She refused to discuss the pot growing episode and didn't really seem oriented yet to what Jodi has done.

I felt kind of sorry for her. She really seemed stunned.

ITA but I somehow believe that NO ONE tells JA what to do, how to do it or where. Perhaps the jail guards can try, but I think her DT is afraid of her. MOO

I actually had a vivid dream where I was with Travis at his house and Jodi was coming up to the door & I kept begging him not to let her in b/c she had a gun. Suddenly she was in the house, right in front of me & I was terrified. It was really unsettling.

She's a freak & you're right--she's steering her own sinking ship

Jodi's childhood friend is on NG again, and even drunker this time. NG is actually filling in words for her.

It's interesting that Juan didn't bring up the other MPII thresholds Jodi exceeded.

I thought that too, maybe there is a legal issue? I would have loved it if Juan had placed the test results on the screen like he did with Doc S.

This is absolutely riveting to watch ! Dr. D is what a true expert witness looks like to me. Very educated in their field, objective, straight forward answers, asks if it is ok to explain her answer if necessary....absolutely brilliant. Watching JA and the DT is very telling, IMO. I believe JA knows that Dr. D has her number.

Absolutely! I was listening in at work & was THRILLED! Plus, I was that much more excited to hear that she's an MSU grad (I live in Michigan.) Anyway, I am loving her testimony, the systematic reasoning and scientific explanations are devastating to the defense. One of my favorite parts was the IQ testbreakdown. Clearly NOT an Einstein!!! :cheers::cheers::woohoo:

Ted Bundy was quite a charming fellow, too. Give me a break. I apologize but I have a real problem with her childhood friend. All this glowing praise for JA. But when she was asked, the other time she was on NG, and the rooftop garden was brought up, she virtually pleaded the 5th.... Things weren't quite as sweet and innocent as they seem. Sorry for the vent but this is getting old.

Does anyone have a link to the cross examination of Dr. DeMarte? I apologize. I've searched YouTube and cannot find it and apparently HLN isn't going to show it.

Instead we get to listen to Nancy Grace talked to an old childhood friend of the killer's, talking about how sweet she was and how she always smiled. Gimme a break!! Grrr...

How refreshing that direct testimony of a witness could be (and was) accomplished in a matter of about 4 hours tops. As it should be!

Hey Everybody - I know you are all caught up in this trial, but I'm here to start the daily TO run for name calling and name variations. If you have any of that going on in your posts, now would be a good time to edit them.

Salem

WASSUP, Salem! :seeya:

That's a HUGE mistake. She went from trying to make her look rinky dink in her job to making her look stellar in her job. JW doesn't prepare nearly as well as JM does. JM knows his stuff inside and out.

The only thing that bothered me with this witness is that she came off as a bit arrogant.

Well this is a 1st! I must disagree with you, Steely. (Sort of.) I think what you are calling "arrogant" is actually "confidence". And I think she carries it well. :truce:

The whole world now knows jodi einstein's IQ, too, and lets out a collective 'MEH.'

You aren't horrible. I tend not to hate people with mental defects or mental illness.

But I don't believe she deserves more consideration when it comes to this murder. She gave in to her murderous impulses when others with personality disorders don't. It just seems to me that she "chose" to let it out and go bananas.

I think she could have stopped herself and the way she behaved afterwards convinces me that she knew what she'd done was wrong. I think she knew as she was doing it.

Maybe people like Jodi have to work harder to control their impulses in a way that I don't.

IMO

Lots of people have disorders but they don't kill, they seek help. I just remember Travis' poor body, shredded and decomposing. Then I also remember Jodi's mom asking if Jodi if she went to AZ, no! Jodi said, she had the gas receipts to prove it.....the gas receipts (3 gas cans) from SLC to alibi her trip. She also had the cash gas receipts from filling 3 gas cans and gas tank before her murder trip to AZ. Trophies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89