trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rocker: I suspect some people may think she comes off as snarky. But, I can relate to someone like Dr. DeMarte. By gosh! I hope I don't develop a crush on her. :blushing:

JW: "Soooo, I see you stayed at this same employer, even AFTERRRR becoming a licensed Doctor, correct? "

Correct, I became the DIRECTOR of the clinic at that time...

JW: When did you become the Director?

IMMEDIATELY....

EPIC FAIL for JW on this cross so far. :floorlaugh:

Do you have the name? I went to the State vs Jodi Arias page and I don't see a link anywhere. I searched and FB didn't pop up with anything. :/

Wow... cant find the link on there anymore...and cant find the page...wonder if it is already gone bye bye?

People are going to have a little bit of sympathy for JA after the BPD diagnosis. I don't think she will get the DP, I really don't. I do think she will still get Murder 1, however. Did everyone notice the witness say she was devaluating him when she killed him, as in on the swing back and forth between love and hate he was copping the full weight of the hatred at that moment.

Poor Travis .. it's so darned sad the whole thing.

I don't think she will, either.

I think she will get LWOP.

Do y'all remember when Mom Arias stated to Flores that Jodi wanted to stay in Utah because all her friends were going 4-wheeling? (see YT vid below)

Well, I never understood where she got that lie from until I re-remembered the photos of Travis. Did she steal that idea from when Travis went with his buddies and was living vicariously through Travis after she ended his life?
I wonder what Dr D would have to say 'bout that?
Jodi is a deeply disturbed human, true dat!!

[video=youtube;oZQGBphuru8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQGBphuru8[/video]

35hgsht.jpg

1179006.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:Did anyone screen capture those glasses waaay off on the end of the defendants nose ? Nutty much ?

People are going to have a little bit of sympathy for JA after the BPD diagnosis. I don't think she will get the DP, I really don't. I do think she will still get Murder 1, however. Did everyone notice the witness say she was devaluating him when she killed him, as in on the swing back and forth between love and hate he was copping the full weight of the hatred at that moment.

ITA-I don't think they will give her the DP either

I don't know why people are upset she scored above average on IQ. This is a good thing. It supports the idea she is able to scheme and manipulate.

If she had scored below average it would be much easier for a juror to believe Travis was controlling and abusing her.

I'm not worried, she is the one that is sitting behind bars facing the death penalty, she obviously isn't that bright.

What Is Considered a High IQ?

The following is a rough breakdown of various IQ score ranges. However, it is important to remember that IQ tests are only one measure of intelligence.
Many experts suggest that other important elements contribute to intelligence, including social and emotional factors.

115 to 129 - Above average; bright
130 to 144 - Moderately gifted
145 to 159 - Highly gifted
160 to 179 - Exceptionally gifted
180 and up - Profoundly gifted
http://psychology.about.com/od/psychologicaltesting/f/IQ-test-scores.htm

Thanks for the links to Croaker Queen and such.

HLN finally started showing the trial again during Nancy Grace, but she keeps popping her head up at the bottom and talking over testimony.

She's worse than the Mystery Science Theatre guys. At least they were funny, and I only had to look at the backs of their heads. :/

I don't agree. Personality Disorders are not looked at in the States as something like Postpartum Depression. Most criminals have a personality disorder. The fact that Jodi has BPD just makes her actions make more sense--and it shows how much of a liar she still is. For example, that whole BS story about how Jodi was never jealous--that's a common trait of BPD & their unstable relationships. She is portrayed as a meek, sweet Mormon convert--but the reality is that she is full of rage and hate and is physically aggressive.

I think that the jury is as sick of Jodi and her horrible 'blame the victim' song and dance. (That is my hope, at least! :))

ETA: What I mean by saying "in the States" is that I noticed that in the UK, criminals are given lighter sentences due to having a Personality Disorder

I can see the jury voting the DP if they realize there's no fixing what ails Jodi and that she poses a real danger for innocents in prison. No female on AZ's death row has been killed in over 80 yrs., and one there now recently had her sentence overturned. Jurors may see death row as a safe holding pen, rather than a death house.

I don't know why people are upset she scored above average on IQ. This is a good thing. It supports the idea she is able to scheme and manipulate.

If she had scored below average it would be much easier for a juror to believe Travis was controlling and abusing her.

Agree, the higher the score the better. Not only her manipulation of Travis, it also goes to her extensive planning and premeditation, even calculating how many gas cans she would need.

:D

MOO

Clearly, she is a danger to society. Hopefully at least LWOP

So Jodi's IQ is 119 ...slightly above average but no Einstein.

I have a cousin who tested at 160-ish. She never fails to find ways to remind us. :rolleyes: Maybe I should tell her she tested only 40 points above Jodi Arias.

:floorlaugh:

Ted Bundy was quite a charming fellow, too. Give me a break. I apologize but I have a real problem with her childhood friend. All this glowing praise for JA. But when she was asked, the other time she was on NG, and the rooftop garden was brought up, she virtually pleaded the 5th.... Things weren't quite as sweet and innocent as they seem. Sorry for the vent but this is getting old.

I agree, I would be far more interested in hearing from girls that had been "competition" to Jodi, or friends that Jodi might have seen as betraying her. I have a feeling those girls would have much different stories.

Clearly, she is a danger to society. Hopefully at least LWOP

Oh absolutely!! She can absolutely never walk the streets again, she's way too dangerous, personally I'd like to see her on death row because it will minimise her ability to victimise fellow prisoners.

When watching Wilcott on cross, it was like she was trying to catch the witness in misrepresenting something on her credentials, but the big mistake Wilcott made is not everybody fudges their credentials like the 2 experts they got.

As Wilcott struggles to find something, she begins to surprise herself that maybe, just maybe its accurately stated. Wilcott needed to prepare better with a totally different line of questioning because she aint going to find nothing along this line of questioning.

She even kept saying...."That is what I was trying to ask". Hey Wilcott....NO IT WASNT. :)

Disappointed at the immediate snarky demeanor by dr jd. She needs to develop some maturity herself. There's something to be said for grace and civility. She may be a high achieving star, but nobody likes someone who acts like a diva, ala the defendant.

I hope she is smoother around the edges mañana. She has great info; someone needs to give her some demeanor feedback so as to hold the jury.

Wow, I have to completely disagree, IMO she comes off as a polished professional who knows her stuff. JW tried her best to trip up the witness with irrelevancies ("the clinic you worked in is no longer in business, is it?" Huh?). She answers questions directly and succintly (unlike the defense team's witnesses).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member