trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Doc D is doing fine so far. If she doesn't know something, she says she doesn't know. She makes sure she understands the questions and the materials JW is referring to. Admissions do not have to pulled out of her, even if she disagrees. Most importantly I haven't seen any real mistakes which will cause Juan much damage control.
I'm glad she didn't ask the question or make the comment as she obviously wanted when shown Doc S's report. Don't open a door Juan may not want open.

About the comment on Demarte's "hostile" tone & having heavy eyeliner: I'm sorry but i just don't see it (heavy eyeliner). Are you sure that we're looking at the same woman? I would reference the duhfense's mitigation person but I would probably get a "time out" for doing so, so I'll digress on that... And as for Demarte's tone, well she is only occasionally dishing back out what Wilmott is giving her (meaning that Wilmott's mostly snarky & combative tone in questioning Demarte sometimes appropriately calls for an answer spoken back in the same kind of tone). I think Demarte is doing a hella good job considering who's questioning her & HOW she is being questioned (ae: back-to-back-to-back reworded questions [that are being asked in a condescending/snarky manner] that all have a word or two changed but all have the same meaning & are solely meant to try and trip the Dr. up). It's rather frustrating just to simply WATCH it, let alone having to deal with it in the witness box.

I agree. I also think what some may see from Dr.D as less than optimal tone or affect while being questioned by JW, I see as someone who is holding and prioritizing a great deal of information in working memory, and processing it to give the best logical answer that she can. My non-science friends in school used to tease me for my affect when solving physics problems, or just engaged in critical thinking about a complex problem. I should go watch her volleyball games, as I bet this is her game face.

If the person you were responding to suffered from depression she'd need to see a psychiatrist first. Medication is the primary treatment modality for depression.

Cart and horse?

Is it possible that the realization that a medical professional believes that I must/should ingest a chemical to alter my mood IS at least an affirmation, if not the cause, of my depression?

Let me know if this comment isn't posted, and I'll post another.

Hi to you all!
First time poster in this thread, long time reader of your wonderful posts and please excuse me as English isn't my first language at all...I'm a portuguese woman reading from my own country so far away.
I've already tried to post but my skills aren't good enough as I see...
I'm a spinner and a knitter(retired now as I was a bank teller in my professional days) and I've been following this trial from the first day, I think.
When I listen to these DA speaking I loose control of my spinning wheel or knitting needles and my yarn takes a life of it's own.
How I whished to give a big hug and lots of kisses to Travis sibblings if I could!
I'm old enough to have been their mother as my only son is now 34 years old...
Sorry for these ramblings but I just felt the need to post this.
God bless you all websleuthers and keep the good job youre doing
Ana

Bienvenidas Ana :seeya: y muchas gracias!

(Spanish (close to Portuguese) for Welcome Ana:seeya: and ty very much!)

I suspect barbs. But, I should have been on them before I subjected myself to this load of tripe.

Some good WBers said she is leaking her lips a lot that, also, indicate psychotropic drugs, most proper Haldol.

Just guessing but possible :twocents:

:nono:

We do not have TROLLS on Websleuths. If you are having difficulty with a post, please alert the post and tell the mods what is going on. Do not call our members trolls!

Jodi held this face for an uncomfortable amount of time:

ht75eq.jpg

Funny-Gifs-Of-The-Day-Vol-174-13-GIFS-1_zpsf2f336f0.gif

That is what defense Attorneys does especially when they don't have anything else to cross with in their arsenal.

As one witness said in a trial, "I sound like I am talking to a Parrot". He said that to the Defense Attorney. He was the husband of his wife on trial who wanted to kill him. (The wife was so stupid fake crying on camera of the filming of the TV "Cops" show that went viral on You Tube.)

He said it perfectly. Dr. D is talking to a Parrot.

:rocker: :rocker:

So I see that I'm not the only one who noticed the ridiculous "one word changed but still having the same meaning" back-to-back multiple questions JW asks in a manipulative attempt at trying to trip a witness up. Whatever happened to having a "good faith basis" behind the questions asked has gone out the window during this cross.

Was he specific?

I don't believe he could be specific on the test he was using.

(Dr. D used a different test)

what is important is that they both came to the conclusion that she has a personality disorder

He said personality disorder NOS
She says personality disorder: BPD

Aww come on! Gotta try to educate people that do not understand what the purpose of forensic evaluation and how it's different from a therapeutic relationship. This expert witness is testifying the way a expert is supposed to.

If I suffered from depression, I wouldn't see DeMarte either, because I would want some DRUGS and as a clinical psychologist she can't prescribe medications. Only psychiatrists and MDs can do so.

that's a very individual thing. i've had depression all my life. diagnosed at 23. i did the medication route and am off them forever. i did talk therapy, very effective for me, with a psychologist, who i found to be much better for me than the psychiatrist. but i would never take the drugs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela