trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK to all of you wonderful watchers...I have an admission to make. I missed 95% of yesterday and today. I have relatives coming in tonight from California, so have had to actually do stuff. LOL!! And now with what's going on in Boston, my attention is split.

I have done a good lot of reading here, and from what I can tell I haven't really missed anything groundbreaking - besides Wilmott making herself look silly (my words based on what I have heard/read)

Is that an accurate assumption or do I really need to watch something specific?

What, if anything, has been revealed about Jodi or the crime itself?

Dr.D is really good and really knows her stuff. She said yesterday that Jodi was BPD. JW has been pretty snippy with her and seems like she wants to back her into a corner but it never seems to work out. at. all. JA looks drugged, majorly. Her mouth was hanging open while she scanned the jury and it was really freaky.

omigod...jodi!!!!! she is so narcissistic she wont even look up!!

look at Dr D's expression, is she watching jodi steal pencils?

The way JA appears so freaky today, Id watch too. It looks like she (JA) could go beserk at any moment

I'm planning to go back and re-watch that line of questioning because, IIRC, JW said that Lenore Walker has revised her approach from using the 6 criteria to using the criteria for PTSD. That the opposite of several things I've found which show that she WAS using the PTSD criteria (2nd edition) and then she added 3 more to bring us to the CURRENT criteria (3rd edition). I just think JW was trying to pretend that DD is so inexperienced that she doesn't know the relevant research and she failed miserably. I could almost understand that strategy if this were going to be the final word in the court room on the subject, but there's still re-direct to go. Does she think for one second that JM (as juanderful as he is) can't find the same information that a casual observer like myself ( :floorlaugh:) found???

I tell you what, I am a really smart guy and if I was at least %50 confused by that line of questioning then I am confidant a good portion of that jury was as well. I mean to go from chatter about copyright to the publishing timeline of the 6 criteria.... talk about mind scrambling...

I truly believe Dr.D's testimony is what will seal Jodis's fate in the guilt phase..Guilty
but the penalty phase,I think the jurors will bring back LWOP due to her BPD.JMO

The defense lawyer does not appear to have done her homework. She seems to be asking questions that don't make sense.

She seems to be breaking law #1 of questioning a witness - don't ask a question you don't know the answer to. Seems like JD is schooling her big time and correcting her many mistakes. I'm lovin' it.

Just because I have this somewhat bizarre passion to know where people are from...

Janeen Alice DeMarte
Hometown: El Paso, TX
High School: Austin
D.O.B.: 6/15/1980

Shout out to you Texas folks!

She's representing like its her business.

A Gemini ... Like me! Which is as significant as JW's questions.

never realized the time there and thought i'd missed them start,but then i remembered what court we are in :facepalm:

I watched the morning session...what an absolute joke! I was thinking that Nurmi should at least let Wilmott know that she is going nowhere, has not made a single dent in this professional - poised - knowledgable - smart and under control witness, and should cease and desist,,,,BUT,,,,, he probably thinks that she is doing wonderfully and has completely discredited the expert.

The jury is not going to award any Brownie points to the defense at all for this continued, hopeless and desperate grasping at straws.

Infringement of Copyright!!! my a$$,,,,, perhaps Juan will point out that by putting the document on the overhead projector for MILLIONS to see, copy, photograph etc., sort of does a much better job than the good doctor did by borrowing a copy.:floorlaugh:

I would also point out that Juan should bring Nurmi's behavior to the attention of the court and be admonished for grinning uncontrollably at a perceived point being won by Wilmott......So far she has not won ANY points, nor will she no matter how long this travesty continues. :moo:

If by chance she gets dp then all of her visits will be behind glass and she will be restricted on her movements, only getting like a couple of hours out of her cell for exercise. I don't think she gets to socialize or join in any of the fun things prisoners do.

If she gets lwop then she will be in general population, but will she feel safe? There has to be someone there who will want to make a name for themselves. If she goes into protective custody, then she is going to be restricted with only having a couple of hours of exercise much like dp.

With the dp she will get more appeals which I think will be denied.

I think the Prosecution expert is doing an excellent job and making JW look stoopid.

Demarte is the dominant player in the dynamic of she and JW.

So far JW hasn't inflicted any damage.

IMO- JW HAS inflicted damage on herself and Jodi's case. I'm almost embarrassed for JW and wish she would just stop questioning DeMarte. The longer JW goes on, the more apparent it is that JW doesn't know what she is talking about. JW is trying to find holes or errors in DeMarte's testimony, but so far JW has only made DeMarte look more intelligent & competent.

Just because I have this somewhat bizarre passion to know where people are from...

Janeen Alice DeMarte
Hometown: El Paso, TX
High School: Austin
D.O.B.: 6/15/1980

Shout out to you Texas folks!

She's representing like its her business.

Awesome! :skip:

I am looking forward to the jury questions.. I don't think they will be at all snarky but will gt Dr. D to expand further on some of her conclusions. And I don't think DT will like the questions at all. MOO, of course

OH that's right, I forgot about the jury questions, can't wait :-)

My IPad is almost dead. Panic mode. The charger is being used by the better half.

She seems to be breaking law #1 of questioning a witness - don't ask a question you don't know the answer to. Seems like JD is schooling her big time and correcting her many mistakes. I'm lovin' it.

My law office coworker said this same thing to me 30 mins ago, too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams