trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is taking antidepressants and Imitrex, there's some real danger of seretonin syndrome. I wonder if the jail doc is keeping a close enough eye on this. Maricopa County gets sued plenty for this kind of neglect. This case has cost way too much already, we don't need to be paying damages to Jodi's family because oversight killed her before the State could.
:truce:

you may have just supplied the DT their next mistrial motion. I think I would edit this comment, just sayin' :seeya:

I do recall the judge said the return from break would be "on time"...........................

LOL Ohhhhh one of my faves. Saw it at "The Fox" in Detroit years ago when the original cast regrouped. I know every word from every song. Does that make me a genius :great::seeya:

:rocker: Bravo! One of my faves, too! Many years ago, I actually got to play Diana Morales in a production at the Alhambra Dinner Theatre in Jacksonville, FL! Still one of my favorite roles EVER! :dance:

ETA: Now I've got the song "Nothing" stuck in my head, dedicated to Jodi (when asked if she feels any remorse):

"And she said nothing, I'm feeling nothing,
and Juan said nothing will put you on Death Rooowwww..." :singing:

cat898.gif

IMO JA seems a little more interested today. But she seems oddly subdued.

Thing is... JW thinks she's going to "trap" Dr D - but Dr D is honest, corrects misconceptions, clarifies answers, etc. The jury is not going to appreciate JW trying to be "juanderful" because she's failing miserably.

She couldn't find anything to trap her or impeach her even if she had done the proper research before questioning her.

Why does Wilmott takes those long breaks, she seems unprepared or over her head.

JW is used to being able to use stories, emotions and opinions (most of which had nothing to do with JA) instead of facts. This witness is about being objective. There are so many points where this witness could have made comments about the numbers definitely not being high enough to cause a 'fog' or suffer such extreme memory loss, etc., but she really has not done that, and has kept all but a few 'snark' remarks out.

My interest will be if the jury questions will try and get her to give an opinion, such as does she think TA was stalked or abused, etc. I think it will be important for her to be just as 'clinical' with the jury....let JM make the connections in the way he does so well.

JW talking about how much money Dr. D gets on the stand; Jury know ALV made the same amount and talked for days on end, racking up the dollars, telling stories about married couples with kids, and stalling with the prosecution.

If she is taking antidepressants and Imitrex, there's some real danger of seretonin syndrome. I wonder if the jail doc is keeping a close enough eye on this. Maricopa County gets sued plenty for this kind of neglect. This case has cost way too much already, we don't need to be paying damages to Jodi's family because oversight killed her before the State could.
:truce:

I think its occurrence is rare, though. I take both & have never had a problem. Why would she be on anti-depressants? Looks like she's been "happy as hell" according to her parents. Jail is her cup of tea--she's the smartest one there--like Einstein!:floorlaugh:

It sounded to me like, "Let me get you" or "I'll get you", referring to the questions that DDM wanted to see. JMO
In that clip, it sounded to me like JW was saying"which" to herself as in thinking out loud which papers she was trying to find. Don't think she cursed at all. She is just unprepared, sort of like LV and RS.

She sure does!! And it doesn't go unnoticed by Hodi.

I was able to enhance the sound with noise cancelling head phones and it's pretty obvious

If she said that why does the judge say nothing. The white noise was not on and whatever she said JA heard it besides that the court reporting machines pick up pretty much everything. So, if she actually said it I hope it would be brought to the attention of the judge.

sacrablue: De Marte is just a mouthpiece of JM. Of coarse she hasn't done anything wrong....she hasn't done anything to solve the problem. If I suffered from depression she would be the last person I would see.

Brought this over from the previous thread.

DrD was hired to do an evaluation. JA was not sent for a psych evaluation by the court or the jail. JA did not seek out treatment on her own.

You can't treat somebody who doesn't come to you for treatment.

Exactly!!! She is not a mouthpiece for Juan. She was hired to evaluate and thats it, She didn't have to "fix" Jodi's issues by giving her books, a hug, warm smile, therapy, greeting cards, etc. This is why the defense experts look bad. They clearly crossed the line from evaluator to therapist. I don't understand how someone can be totally blind about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29