trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please visit my website for information on my upcoming speaking schedule. True greatness of the soul is in loving God and in humility.

That's from ALV yesterday. Apparently the social media backlash hasn't affected her all that much. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: :what: :floorlaugh: :what: :floorlaugh:

Good Morning Everyone!
I sure hope jodi is not sick today. ugh

I hope Judge Stephens has made alternate arrangements so Jodi can't hold the trial hostage any longer. It really is ridiculous at this point.

There must be clearly established rules/responses to jailed defendents' efforts to fraudulently prolong their trials; otherwise all the guilty as heck ones would do it. If true, JA is being treated differently, but why?

There are, but Death Penalty cases are treated differently. If a DP defendant is forced to attend, while they are physically 'debilitated' and thus unable to understand the trial proceedings, it inhibits their 'right' to assist their attorneys in giving them a fair trial.

So essentially, the judges hands are tied here. I do believe she can put her in a bed with a video monitor to watch the trial by, if this drags on for too long though. Although I am sure Nurmi would fight hard against it.

Good morning, all. New poster here (but long time lurker...). I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed as I am behind in my reading. I didn't get the chance to watch yesterday's proceedings until later last night, but does anyone else find it odd that Ms Willmott went on and on about copyright and not wanting the public to know what questions were on that test, but yet she put it up on the projector for all to see? Off to work now, I hope you all have a Juanderful day!

:welcome2::Welcome1::welcomeback:

BBM ~ Juan will be quick & sweet.

The DT- not so sure. They were unprepared yesterday once Juan was done.

Today, was a pathetic tactic by Jodi to stop this nonsense of JW getting a run for her money.

She was trying to poke holes in Dr. DeMarte's education and training. FAIL

Question to my fellow WS'ers: How old is JW?

BBM

Someone posted earlier that she is 49.

JW's actual age = 49
JW's courtroom age, based on her unprofessional conduct and demeanor = 13

From the expert herself, Lenore Walker:

“It is not just whether or not someone’s a battered woman that’s important in these cases as you well know, Nancy. It doesn’t give them a free pass just because they’re a battered woman. It’s really used only to help us understand whether or not they were in fear of what was happening, that they would be seriously harmed or killed at the time that they commit a homicide. That’s what we have to look at, and that’s not what I’ve heard yet in this trial,” Dr. Walker added.

:great:

just went back and watched yesterdays events.....JA starts feeling her face at the time JW is trying to get in what ever it was that Dr. Samuels never turned over to Dr. D.....the judge calls morning recess, Nurmi leans over and whispers to JA after jury leaves...yep....it was all planned...

The timing of these episodes seems to coincide with prosecution testimony that definitely points out big issues with Ms. Arias. Imagine that. :facepalm:

However, I go back to the first little episode when Jodi herself was on the stand and JM had her crying like a little girl and hiding behind her hands and hair. The Judge stopped the questioning and broke for an early lunch. Learned behavior, if you don't like something, start being pitiful. At this rate, Jodi and her team will be able to buy some more nights at Estrella before having to deal with the really big house. I'm thinking, there are huge numbers of folks who go to work, take care of their kidlets, and other day to day things while experiencing migranes or even worse. Grow up Jodi, deal with the reality that you and you alone created.

Sorry about that reference to a little girl, please don't tell ALv, she will send the PC police after me.

I haven't followed the news on the fertilizer plant--was it an accident? I'm overwhelmed with the heinousness of the Boston Marathon bombing at the moment, so hearing about that was horrible.

So far yes, looks like an accident.

There was a fire on the site last night about 6pm CST, there were firefighters trying to put it out and then it exploded. The 5 firefighters who were trying to put the fire out, were killed, and a police officer. They aren't sure how many people might be missing or dead. Just so very sad. On the heels of the bombing in Boston, just sad all the way around. At least (not making light by ANY means) this seems to have been an accident.

ETA - they said every building within a 4 block radius collapsed from the force of the explosion. An apartment complex and a nursing home are a few within that radius.

Me too, I get migraines with the same symptoms as you and haven't believed Jodi's claims of migraines either...

This time, again, I was just about to call BS on her migraine, but right before I decided to google to see if anger could be a trigger...and I found out it is!

I so wish that JM could point out that when Jodi is on the verge of rage outbursts she gets migraines trying told hold them back... He could use it to work against her and prove how volatile and dangerous she really is.

I agree. I suffer from chronic migraines. They used to be worse until I reached menopause...now they are "different." I would give her the benefit of the doubt for having a headache, but migraine? Don't.Think.So.

How Will Jennifer Willmott Handle Her Huge Mistake of Challenging Dr.D. re: Lenore Walker's 6 Criteria?

I have to say that I am REALLY looking forward to how JW is going to clean up her mess from yesterday--her attempt to impeach the witness by suggesting that Dr.D was ignorant of the psychology surrounding Battered Women's Syndrome and insisting that Lenore Walker does NOT still use the 6 criteria.

JW asked her questions in a mocking, condescending and flippant, shrill tone--almost laughing out loud when Dr. D. said that Lenore Walker's 6 criteria were NOT in her original book, but were the result of current research AND that she still uses them (per interview on NG).

I would not be looking forward to facing Dr. D today if I were JW!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh--and the copyright thing was downright bizarre!

And also: JW's complete ignorance of a professional journal aggregated database where the employer purchases rights for access for employees is frightening. Does JW go to the law library to pick up an article in a law journal or does she use something like Lexus-Nexus for research? How does she NOT UNDERSTAND that this is how professionals access research and peer reviewed articles in their field? It boggles my mind.

JW has moved past that now. She'll be concentrating on the memory issues when she continues today. So it's now up to JM to clean up that mess and expose JW on redirect. But I won't get your hopes up.

If you know anything about migraines, stress can be a major trigger. I have had migraines since I was a child and had them into my 30's. Once I left a very stressful job, I no longer had migraines.

I think when Dr. DeMarte took the stand and broke down Jodi's testimony, personality and all her excuses, it overwhelmed Jodi. You could tell from her obsessive drawing and note taking that she was angry and seething inside. The past few days have been very stressful for her.

There are different levels to migraines and some are more debilitating than others. You can have a migraine, take some medicine and still work or function. Other migraines which involve an aura, flashing lights, numbness on one side of your body, vomiting, pain, confusion, and sensitivity to lights can be debilitating.

Jodi seems to have a milder type and she probably could function fine taking medication. She is milking this condition so she does not have to listen to this Dr. peel back the layers and revel the monster. :furious:

If she's dealing with high levels of stress now, just wait til the witnesses from Tesoro and Walmart take the stand. I don't think there's anything her attorneys could say or do on cross to counter what I think they're going to say.

BBM

Someone posted earlier that she is 49.

JW's actual age = 49
JW's courtroom age, based on her unprofessional conduct and demeanor = 13

"She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona in 1992. In 1995 she graduated from Arizona State University School of Law." (from her website)

If she was the usual age of 18 when she started her undergrad & she graduated in '92 (like I did) she's 42. Going on 13.

If you know anything about migraines, stress can be a major trigger. I have had migraines since I was a child and had them into my 30's. Once I left a very stressful job, I no longer had migraines.

I think when Dr. DeMarte took the stand and broke down Jodi's testimony, personality and all her excuses, it overwhelmed Jodi. You could tell from her obsessive drawing and note taking that she was angry and seething inside. The past few days have been very stressful for her.

There are different levels to migraines and some are more debilitating than others. You can have a migraine, take some medicine and still work or function. Other migraines which involve an aura, flashing lights, numbness on one side of your body, vomiting, pain, confusion, and sensitivity to lights can be debilitating.

Jodi seems to have a milder type and she probably could function fine taking medication. She is milking this condition so she does not have to listen to this Dr. peel back the layers and revel the monster. :furious:

My heart goes out to all here who genuinely suffer from migraines. I've dealt with TRUE (not JA style) migraines since mid childhood. I have never experienced a mild migraine. They sometimes required injections of Demerol and Tigan (for the vomiting). I would lie in a dark room, with ice on my head, which hurt even worse but for some reason my body knew that I needed to restrict my blood vessels. The nausea and vomiting unreal. My vision would get a bit funny, but my tell was that my lips would start to get numb. If I find myself touching or pulling on my lip, it's already too late.
JA needs to stop calling whatever she's having, if anything, a migraine. Just like she has slapped abuse victims over the face with her lies, she is mocking what true migraine sufferers go through.
Give her 800 mg of ibuprofen every single day of the trial as soon as she gets to the courthouse. Pre-empt even a sinus headache, a sore finger, ingrown toenail, whatever. If she had really been too sick to continue yesterday, she would have been avoiding light, noise and she wouldn't have cared a bit about leaving that stack of 'paperwork' she totes around, behind.
The JA Show has not been renewed and is in it's final episodes. It will NOT be picked up for syndication. Let's get justice for Travis and his family. Move it along and keep her where she belongs. Until the day she takes the long slow walk.

ETA: Can you tell my mood isn't all that sunny today? Boston was bad enough but the West, TX tragedy has really made me a bit pensive. And for a while last night all I could think of was JODI WHO???? Travis Alexander will never be forgotten, and I don't minimize him by saying that. What I mean is, in the grand scheme of things, she is so very, very unimportant. What she did will NEVER be unimportant. But let's stop her pulling the strings and put a killer where a killer belongs. The world has wasted enough precious time on her.

Re JW's foolish focus on DrD's not subscribing to certain professional journals, maybe Juan on recross will ask DrD if she subscribes to Time magazine, since that was the source of the article Samuels presented to the jury.

There are, but Death Penalty cases are treated differently. If a DP defendant is forced to attend, while they are physically 'debilitated' and thus unable to understand the trial proceedings, it inhibits their 'right' to assist their attorneys in giving them a fair trial.

So essentially, the judges hands are tied here. I do believe she can put her in a bed with a video monitor to watch the trial by, if this drags on for too long though. Although I am sure Nurmi would fight hard against it.

Perhaps the Judge could also request that someone at the jail or on the defense team insure that the defendent takes her Imitrex instead. Headches, even migranes, just don't turn immediately on at full blown level... unlike Travis, Jodi gets some warning before the headache and it can be managed.

Morning Peeps! :seeya:

As usual, I am still catching up before I go to work. I think Dr. D did will yesterday. JW seemed to try very hard to have a gotcha moment but it seemed that Dr. D was able to see neutral as possible.

I thought it showed the most when JW was trying to say that Dr. D said JA didn't fit as a battered woman, and Dr. D stated JA didn't fit Battered Women's Syndrome. I hope the jury is logical enough to see the truth in that statement.

Am I wrong in thinking JM will be able to recross or is that NOT part of rebuttal? Only 2 jury questions. And all when JW was speaking. What does that say to us? They want clarification?

K

:floorlaugh:
BINGO! And she said, "someone needs to tell the Prosecution..." Wanna bet whether or not Juan is going to know...HELL YES! Oh Happy Days! Shut 'em up and then shut 'em down.

Well then, Jodi picked a great time to get her headache. HLN had all afternoon with no trial to find LW. Now Martinez can clear this up ASAP

KCL:
Did I hear right, just a few moments ago, if Lifetime, really making a movie about this? Does the family know? Have they given consent?
They showed who was playing Travis and I forget the name and they ( HLN) said that some woman from "Lost" they are trying to get to play JA. Is this true?
Or is this topic taboo?

and for the record of my opinion, I felt that JA was extremely agitated today, from the moment she stepped in the courtroom... again In My Opinion..It was a set up.

Here is a link for the Lifetime movie info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ime-movie-dirty-little-secret-_n_3104650.html

Sorry if someone posted it already. I am just now getting caught up in my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro