trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hated all the JW q's that started with "Are you aware...?" (Are you aware many DV victims do not report it to anyone?) Are you AWARE...? Even I know many battered women do not report... sounded so pompous.

I was annoyed also, but the witness kicked her a$$ on every note.

To me it's like the reflection in Travis' eye... "Prove the reflection isn't there... Prove I don't have migraines". Kinda smart of JM to not get on those merry-go-rounds imo.

Maybe JM could call a migraine expert to the stand to testify! :what:

IMO There was no afternoon court because JW was unprepared, and totally not expecting Dr. D to overpower her... JW could have told Arias to fake a headache to save JW from making a complete fool of herself.. My first time posting :seeya:

FANTASTIC First Post. Well Done. :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

I will never forget her self-introduction "My name is Jodi Arias. I'm an artist and a photographer..." Or maybe she said "I'm a photographer and an artist"...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Soon she can legally add 'and a murderer' to that intro. :facepalm:

Oh no .... I didn't just hear that Kato Kaylin (sp?) from the OJ Simpson trial is going to be a guest on HLN tomorrow night???? :what:

Maybe I'm just delusional from the DT style of J. Wilm*tt??? Yep, that's got to be it!!

Yes. One must be vewy, vewy careful. Looky-loo who else took the defense's side in the OJ trial. One must always be a bit cautious...

ETA - Hint, hint...LW. Yes. That's correct.

ETA - 2 - One never can begin to understand agendas...

moo

JW is going off the deep-end. I'm sure she was trying to make a point but she falls flat most of the time. And my question is, HOW can she complain about Juan having the questions to a test that is a CORNERSTONE of the Defenses case? Does JW think he can't see them because of ("it'll hurt if people see the questions?) that makes no sense. Okay, yesterday JW could NOT get any part of JD's job, titles, schooling, managing, teaching info straight. I was embarrassed for her. But she did it again today. What am I missing? I know JODI doesn't want this case to end but if I were either of her Attorneys I'd want it over stat and then go away for a couple months and lick my wounds. This DT makes no sense whatsoever.

OHHH! Do I agree! When JW got up there and started attempting to thrash JD's reputation I just thought, wow really? But I understood why. Then, JW starts stumbling all over her own attack and I thought..."Go sit down."

When did the court announce that JA had a headache? All I heard the judge say was that an issue had come up. It could have been any number of things. People are speculating that JA was ill. That's what we do here...speculate, share ideas, info, ect.

They didn't announce it in court, of course. Jean Casarez claimed tonight on HLN After Dark that she had a reliable source who confirmed that it was a migraine, that they had given JA medication and waited 30 mins, then recessed.

I think you're probably right in that it came from ALV originally, but I suspect that JW did not understand what ALV was saying -- she has been pretty dodgy with this material generally with this witness in cross. My suspicion (particularly after hearing Walker tonight on NG) was that ALV was talking about the changing use and particularly the theoretical framework behind the six criteria -- Walker noted that that has changed, but that does not mean that the criteria are no longer in use. I think JW just grabbed onto the "changed" part, remembered it, and thought she could challenge Dr. D on that basis.

:cow:

JW is very weak IMO. This witness will continue to kick her a$$ and make her like it. IMO

:great:

Loving the dog photos...

Ditto from me.
I wanted to post something about her involvement with OJ too, but I had a post removed earlier for .....well, I have no idea why......and I didn't want to go there. Anyhow, the only thing I really know about Walker is the fact that she is a feminist (don't know how that fit with OJ) but she does scare me. Not sure I'd trust her not to backslide and screw things up.
Just wanted to BUMP your post.

:fence:

Well, ooookaaaayyyy... Since migraines aren't as off topic tonight as they would be during court proceedings, I guess I'll share my nightmarish experiences with migraines, and what it took for me to finally get them under control. Back in Oct of 1997, I was driving on an Atlanta interstate (I-285) on the way to a line dancing lesson at a country bar, and found myself in the middle of a 5-car pile-up when someone behind me didn't notice that traffic in front of her had come to a dead stop due to construction, and started the chain reaction MVA going ~70mph. I walked away from the accident, feeling shaken up and disoriented, but thought I was otherwise uninjured.

It didn't take long for me to realize I was NOT OK. :( And for the next 6 months, I suffered with constant debilitating migraines (never had even a mild headache before the accident), along with severe neck & back pain, with neuropathy in my upper and lower extremities.

With the migraines, I had extreme hypersensitivity to light & sound, nausea/vomiting, slurred speech and visual disturbances such as double vision, and spreadsheet lines looked crooked as I tried to work from home :crosseyed: , and every little movement was sooooo painful! Day after day, I felt like I was outside my body watching myself struggle... very disoriented! My friends said there were moments when they were attempting to talk to me, and I "wasn't there". I tried Imitrex and Maxalt with very little relief.

After 6 months of this insanity, I was referred to a neurologist, who administered an occipital nerve block... shots in the back of my head, at the base of my skull. MAGIC! Finally, some relief! The migraines were much less frequent and less severe after the occipital nerve block. I continued with these nerve blocks every 2-3 months for the next 2 years, with supplemental Maxalt (quick-dissolve, at the onset of the "aura"), and nightly Neurontin to assist in prevention of headaches and neuropathy.

The migraines are relatively infrequent these days, and very manageable :). Plus, I know the triggers to avoid. MSG is the biggest one for me... Ingesting it makes me nauseous and feverish, and I ache from head to toe, especially my head and my lower back, and I get heart palpitations BIG TIME. Neurontin, quick-dissolve Maxalt, a gazillion vitamin & mineral supplements, monthly chiropractic treatments, and daily prayer are all I need to keep the pain at a manageable level now. :dance:

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss this issue further. I don't want to get in trouble for dwelling too long on an off topic subject. But I've learned so much in dealing with these injuries through the years, and am always happy to share what I've learned in an effort to alleviate someone else's pain! :loveyou:

Regarding JA's migraines: I am withholding judgement as to whether they're real or fake, but after what I've been through, I'm not sure she knows what a real migraine is. :moo: :cow:

I had migraines from 10 yrs old till I had my daughter in 1988. After I had her they stopped. I'm thinking that God took away one headache and left me with another...

JA needs to be given those HUGE pencils the kids get in kindergarten. Or construction pencils. And then they need to glue those little electronic strips on them like they have for CD's in the music department in Walmart that way when she goes out the door with one ACCIDENTALLY stuck in her shoe or notebook, the alarms will go off.

Potentially saving a life.

I think the DT is jealous and JW is trying to get the jury to see how 'green' this witness is to which JW is failing miserably. But I say, quality over quantity thing and I'll bet the jury is thinking the same. I kind of like the fact that JW keeps bringing up how knowledgeable Dr JD is. I keep calling out, "you go JW, give the brilliant doctor another gold star!". I really don't know what the DT is thinking.

Dr. JD is responding just like an expert witness is supposed to with her unbias and professional opinions.

If the defense witnesses would have been even close to this, then the jury would have given them the respect they deserve. But they did not. Their witnesses were obviously bias and ridiculous and so the jury cast them aside as they should and their questions they asked proved this.

Nobody has a problem with truthful testimony even if it is not necessarily favorable to the prosecution, but the key is that it has to be truthful and unbias. Both of which were obviously not the case with the defense witnesses. The jury saw right through this. Which is no surprise to me.

How in the world could the defense team even begin to think they could fool 12 people on the jury with the crud they threw at them. Its unbelievable and it truly makes me think that I could have prepared a better defense for Jodi without any experience being a laywer.

I'm flabergasted at their lousy approach.

I am bothered and have become increasingly bothered by almost everything HLN does with programming, on air "talent", content, etc so I don't watch any of it, at all, ever, anymore. Period.

I've had many issues with them before this trial but this has put me over the edge and given me clarity.
The goal is not to inform or provide the best dialogue or highest caliber professionals, or report responsibly.

Instead it's to put on shows, entertainment, to create controversy, dissent, to make their anchors and TH's the talking points (when there is MORE THAN enough to talk about when it comes to the trial, the evidence and the actual issues).
The evening shows promote all of their guests as "So-and-so's Best Friend" when he or she hasn't seen the involved party in 15 years. They feature "experts" who don't appear to actually be watching the trial so they put their spin on the trial but it's irrelevant.
There are clear biases on every show, every night, and IMO it's all for the purpose of ratings.

It wouldn't be difficult to put together good shows with intelligent commentary and dialogue and examination of the testimony, witnesses, and evidence but instead they feature folks like crazy man who waves his big kitchen knife around while talking about Travis' 29 stab wounds as he laughs his way through his segment on Dr. Drew.
NG and JVM repeatedly open their show with (and have built this case to be) "Blond Beauty Bombshell" and then they wonder why there's such a fascination with the defendant and the case... AND they wonder why there are such double standards when they are creating that platform and perpetuating it in the media coverage.
Those evening shows have inserted themselves and individuals on them into the case and trial, invite irrelevant yet controversial and really objectionable characters on as guests... so it's not just that they are covering a circus, but they are one of the main acts.

I don't mean this post as a whine and complain about HLN but as a sad observation on what's happened to a station that used to have integrity.. the "N" used to stand for News, don't know what it's for now.

For me if I want to hear the opinions of people I respect and who have knowledge in various fields and who I'm able to engage with instead of yelling at my TV as my blood pressure rises, I come to WS. HLN is the TV version of the Nat'l inquirer and for me I think Travis and this case deserve much better than that (and muchbetter than what the defense team brings, but I can't control that, though I have been turning them off).

ITA.

I haven't paid for cable in about two years. Television in general bothers my mental health.

I started to watch HLN again(online, on my laptop) because of this trial - but I really really don't enjoy it.

I had migraines from 10 yrs old till I had my daughter in 1988. After I had her they stopped. I'm thinking that God took away one headache and left me with another...

:floorlaugh:

I'm hearing you. Teenage boys in this house. With attitude.

IMO There was no afternoon court because JW was unprepared, and totally not expecting Dr. D to overpower her... JW could have told Arias to fake a headache to save JW from making a complete fool of herself.. My first time posting :seeya:

They pulled out all the stops to try and get a mistrial. They are not looking forward to Jm witnesses. Expect more headaches.

ABSOLUTELY. I can hardly wait.

He will also school JW, and explain that a Doctoral student taking a year off for a FELLOWSHIP is a positive indication. Fellowships are much sought after and well regarded. It does not make her a 'slacker.'

He will also remind her that a counselor can be 'in practice' and have clients, even without finishing their doctorate license. Look at ALV as one example. She has done so for 30 yrs. JD did so for 3 years.

In fact, I think that was JM's entire point about ALV...She never bothered to take the next step in her education. She did not complete her studies to become a psychologist.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member