Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read all comments yet.....BUT

did Wilmott just add my time to Jodi running down the hall after Travis said he would kill her??? More time added to the 62 seconds...12ft hallway plus where ever Jodi went. And Jodi claimed she could not remember, which is it?

I think Clancy is the lady that JA cornered in the restroom after TA paid some attention to her when she had had a few drinks. Longtime friend of TA's.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I fixed the post. This is worse than me calling Hope a HO! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: Can I hear payback? :floorlaugh:

The attys have to have their interrogations in the form of questions -- It's like the difference between saying:

"Jack & Jill went up the hill."

or

"Jack & Jill went up the hill, right?"

I understand, but there's no one in the room that doesn't understand she's just blatantly reading it to the jury, with the obvious stops at "right?" every 4 words. It's got nothing to do with who the particular witness is on the stand. I'd hate that if I were on the jury.

The worst is when she takes another lap and reads thru this kind of stuff a 2nd and 3rd time! Aaaghhh!!

And JW seems to have left quite a few things trailing behind her. JM will have lots to work with.

Is there any chance that JW will quit anytime this afternoon or is she trying to string this out till the long weekend break?

She'll go til she thinks she "won" or she really really goes off the rails, starts screaming in frustration, throws the DSM @ the dr and kicks the overhead projector off the table.

Most productive break ever.

-bathroom comfort stop
-rebooted laundry
-planted sweet and snap peas
-planted 6 potato plants

I WANT MY TRIAL.

JW: Something bad happened
DD: She said she killed him
JW: So something bad happened
DD: That would fall under the category of something bad
:floorlaugh:

Indeed! :clap:

I'm telling you, if DeMarte isn't already married, she's going to have suitors and marriage proposals out the wazoo! She is a true jewel! Travis would have loved her, she's intelligent, spunky, well poised...everything Jodi is not. :yes:

Originally Posted by Sherbie
JW: "You don't know if she was telling the truth, do you?" (Regarding JA's own words in her own email.)
This was a hysterical moment, JW berating the expert for believing JA and also planting the seed to the jury that the whole journal is a lie

Oh I don't think Dr. DeMarte is being testy at all! As a matter of fact, she seems calmer, and more confident than yesterday, as if she's figured out Jenny's trying out her bark, but she's got no teeth.. No danger here, and the calmer she remains, the quicker this is over with. :)

But, Jenny seems unable to mask her personal disdain for this witness. She really seems to dislike her for some reason, not just professionally or just for Jodi's sake. JMO..

Wilmott is unlikely to have actual, personal disdain for this witness, even if it looks like it. How lawyers act in court with witnesses or opposing parties or during argument, in comments about opposing counsel's conduct or argument, etc., is usually vastly different from their personal feelings.

It's a job and trial is a performance.

Opposing counsel and I can be slugging it out in court at one moment and then talking about weddings, kids, new suits and cars and vacations, the next.

You will see it sometimes in this case where they approach the judge after the jury is gone and leave side bar smiling or laughing or whatever.

With witnesses, the friendliness and camaraderie you experience with some opposing counsel isn't there but you can act disdainful of them in court and outside of it, they mean nothing to you.

I think the only real hate right now associated with the case is from Dr. Samuels and Ms. Laviolettte toward JM, from those who love Travis toward jodi and anyone who supports her, and from jodi toward, well, everyone.

So it's way past time to be back.....will we segue right into lunch, or are we doing our daily migraine evaluations?

LOL! I am sick today and not responsible for my errors!! :blushing: 81 degrees and I am bundled up and have been in bed under an electric blanket. Over look me please lol.

Poor Mods! :blushing:

Awww, I hope you feel better soon!!

My thinking is JM made it short and sweet to get some major points across. He knew Wilma would go on and on and open many doors. He will go in after her to clean up and drive the points home. He wants the jury to remember his last words, not Wilma's silly points she is trying to make.
I completely agree with you. He does a great job of taking advantage of the doors that the defense opens.

this trial has dragged on soooo loooong I feel I am getting a free online course in Lawyering,psychology,literature enhancement,sizing up people,you name it it has been in this trial ,just have not perfected my spellin and stuff yet tho

Since we are on a break, I started thinking. In the '70s I was a teenager and have dated quiet a bit before and after my marriage. So I do remember two times when I suspected a boyfriend may have been cheating on me. And my reaction was different in both circumstances. One I didn't really care if he was cheating because I knew it was someone I wasn't interested in having a longterm relationship. And the other one I cared about very much and didn't really want to know if it was true. In either case, I did not confront either one. So what is a healthy way to address this cheating dilemma? Just wondering.

Walking through an MMPI result isn't easy and it's not for the faint of heart. JW is going to wander face-first into a lot of "That's not correct" responses from Dr. DeMarte if she tries to use single-scale interpretations. I can't imagine a better way to reinforce the jury's perception that the witness knows what she's talking about.

So..what's up with Willmott's constant guttural "humph" sounds today..I noticed it once when the judge sustained a state objection, and another after an answer from the witness....that is soooo RUDE! It sure doesn't give Wilmott any respect points...

I've noticed that also and it really is down right rude!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member