trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilmott asks a question re: a text.
JD asks to see the doc she is referring to.

JD produces documents quickly, effortlessly and with a cooperative attidude.
Willmott searches for an e-mail or text, can't find it.. goes to another pile of papers... doesn't find it. Goes to the staple lady area..
Comes back empty handed....

The topic suddenly changes with the defense atty suggesting the witness is misleading.
LOL

IMHO
The quality of the witness is a direct reflection of the quality of the attorney.

But JM must ask the right questions and he rarely does.

He has to followup that line of questioning about the deleted photos. Point out that they were selectively deleted. Have her elaborate more on how she came to the BPD diagnosis.

Some things stand to reason. These jurors don't seem like idiots to me. The witness also stated if she was familiar with the camera. Jodi wasn't. Jodi testified she wasn't familiar with it, couldn't figure out the video.

I also loved how she slipped the deleted pics and wash cycle!

Thank you for that update. I remember listening the 911 tape and hearing his pleas for help. I truly hope his crazy grandmother won't ever get out of jail for what she did to her grandson. So sad! Another one who tried to claim self defense but the details of what happened made that claim completely ridiculous..much like with another person we all know.

Here is the link if anyone is interested: MI - 74-year-old grandmother shoots, kills teen grandson in gated suburban complex - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

JW also tried to imply that Dr DM had no way of knowing it was Jodi who deleted the photos, and the police records aren't enough proof. OMG... Who else could have deleted the ones taken after Travis was murdered??!?? The ninjas??? :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

The whole time she was hammering on that line of questioning, I had that old tv show thing "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!" going through my head. Hmmm...let's see, Travis is dead, so who could have possibly deleted the photos? DD showed remarkable restraint, IMO.

Went out after the 10 minute recess so catching up on HLN. It's cute how Jodi perked right up when she thought Willmott scored a point with Dr. D saying the word "pattern". Nurmi needs to tone down his reactions to their preceived "gotcha" moments.

It's pretty crystal clear their excitement when they believe they have made a point to the jurors. It comes off very childish like they've just pulled the wools over the jurors eyes and manipulated the truth. It's offensive anytime they gloat in moments they demonize a murder victim.

I was a juror on a 2 week long civil case. Every time the plaintiff's attorney thought he scored with a witness he would look over at the jury box and nod at us--like we wouldn't be able to catch it without his prompt. It drove me insane. This behavior coupled with a really weak, drawn out case made deliberations swift and unanimous in favor of the defendant.

How is it that Demarte did not know that it was JA who deleted the photos? Why was she not provided with this pertinent information?

She did know. She read it in the police report that the camera was found in the machine and had gone thru a wash cycle and that the photos had been deleted\. But JW tried to trick her and convince her that it is not known who deleted them.

JD was smart to step back and say although she was sure that he had not deleted the ones after he was being dragged, [well done] , she assumed that the rest were done by the killer.

JD was in a mine field so I think she did well.

Today, JW asked Dr D some question...can't remember what it was...but she said Jodi shot Travis and he fell on her. That's the first I've heard of that. I know she said he lunged at her, but never heard he fell on her. I can't help but wonder if that isn't what happened........as in Jodi shot him in the shower, he fell on her, and that's when the picture of the ceiling was snapped.

Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence:)

JUMPING OFF YOUR POST - is anyone as surprised as me that the attorneys (on both sides) haven't relayed information about testimony in the trial to their experts?
I was shocked there was so much ALV wasn't aware of, and now we are seeing some of it with Dr D. Any ideas?

I think it would be assumed that ja deleted the photos---LE wouldn't be trying to get someone to un-delete pictures----it was either ja or Travis--and we know Travis couldn't delete any pics....so one would logically assume....

How is it that Demarte did not know that it was JA who deleted the photos? Why was she not provided with this pertinent information?

Don't know. Not sure if Jodi confessed to deleting them, really. The forensics showed that they were deleted, but not from the sim card, I think.

Please let the afternoon get better than the morning. I want something GOOD to hang onto over the long weekend. Juan?? Please??

JW has been scoring many points. Her diagnosis for BDP disorder does seem a bit shaky.
Does it really matter tho? No matter the diagnosis, she butchered a man.

JW has been scoring many points. Her diagnosis for BDP disorder does seem a bit shaky.

I'm hoping that JM doesn't give a half-assed redirect/cross-examine this time.
Are you able to list the points she won? I must have missed most of them.

JW also tried to imply that Dr DM had no way of knowing it was Jodi who deleted the photos, and the police records aren't enough proof. OMG... Who else could have deleted the ones taken after Travis was murdered??!?? The ninjas??? :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

:doh: I was gonna say "No Way", but realized that was crazy. :crazy:

Unreal. Some of the stuff she comes up with.

Especially if most of the name calling was during April/May 2008. JA did something nasty and evil during that time which made Travis absolutely furious.

Obviously Jodi did something to provoke Travis' anger but we do not know what that was because there is no one to tell us why other than Jodi. Dr. D. was talking about this was not a pattern for Travis other than in this specific message. We have no idea what happened but it appears it was pretty bad from Travis' point of view. While he may have made remarks to her previously it does not appear to be his overall pattern to constantly degrade her, which is what JW is trying to get her to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey