trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I have to give JW credit for her nice outfit.

If Willmott put as much time and effort into her lawyering as she does her fashioning, she would be a better lawyer.

This jury has proven to have hawk eyes, so Nurmi openly laughing and Jenny not giving Juan the papers will NOT be lost on them.

Does anyone else think Nurmi is laughing because of JM's tone as opposed to laughing at DD? Or is this a table for one? :)

I think it's his last ditch effort at a defense. They have nothing else. The ship has sunk.

Willmonts argument at side bar

"Aw come on!" "That's not fair" "oh please"

Unfortunately the stick the defense wields is the "this will get overturned on appeal if you let this in." And it seems the judge is VERY sensitive to that - it must be a tough position to be in.

"That's not an appropriate use to the test"
"Oh, let's look at them anyway"

What the heck is going on here? An expert witness says that what the defense is doing is not the right way to interpret her findings, and she does whatever she wants anyway? With such a flippant tone?
So what, she's interpreting the scales herself now to make her client look good?
What JW is doing there is so unprofessional, there are no words for it. Even I as a layperson know that if an expert says "this is not how you do it", then that's not how you do it.

This is what happens when an inexperienced/untrained person tries to interpret results of tests about which they have no background/education to do so. It sounds, to me, that JW didn't have a trained psychologist to work with her on these tests - so she's just pointing out high points - like you and I would - only to then draw erroneous conclusions from them. Dr. D. is just too polite, too self-constrained not to tell JW how woefully wrong she is.

Thoughts inside JW's head: I stopped asking questions way too early, so now I have to ask to approach every 5 minutes and waste everyone's time! Yay me!

If we ask Dr D nicely, do you think she'll write a report up about JW?

I felt like ALV after Day One just looked lost up there on the stand. During sidebars she didn't know where to look. She looks at the jury, no one is looking back=awkward. She looks at JA, well, she's busted. She looks at the family, well no one is looking back with positive vibes. She looks at JA's family, inappropriate. So her eyes just kept sort of darting everywhere making her look very awkward and insecure. This witness is like the opposite, her gaze is focused and she displays a comfortable confidence on the stand, even during long sidebars.

If I was married to green eyes I would be depressed and scared.
Oh yeah I know what you mean and I agree. People with green eyes are just terrible, terrible people all around. I look at myself in the mirror and weep for humanity.

For the last few days I've been really sad having to listen to Jennifer Willmott, but then I remembered that I'm not alone. We all have our cross to bear :giggle:

JA is silently chanting to herself: "it rubs the lotion on its skin before it gets the hose again". :jail:
:floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

thanks. Vitamin water just came out of my nose.

IT PUTS THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!!!!

Say...If I kill my boyfriend while living in Arizona would you all remind me not to hire JW as my defense?

Thank you.

Why? Do you not want your lawyer to throw little hissy fits, jump out of her seat, run up to the judge all the time, inappropriately object all the time, and basically come across as an inexperienced amateur?

Dont worry, I would not want her either.

If Willmott put as much time and effort into her lawyering as she does her fashioning, she would be a better lawyer.
Perhaps JW is aspiring to play a lawyer on tv? (excuse the sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams