trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still on the fence about the camera. I think she was all in a panic. Things hadn't gone according to plan, there was this huge mess. She is cut, bleeding, there is DNA to be concerned with. She was so superior that she really did not plan for the cleanup involved in a non shower contained death. I think she could have in her panic simply mistakenly dropped the camera in.

Or maybe, she was concerned that people would instantly know it was missing from the scene and think photography - Jodi.

If the camera was purposefully put in the washer I feel it had her blood on it.

A normal person would panic and even a person who was upset and did this in an anger freak out would panic. She's not going to panic though. Rush around? yes. Nothing rattles her it seems.

Jesus all the nuts are crawling out of the wood work lately.

Hoping he doesn't actually have anything on him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oh GREAT. My DD took my DS and his gf to HOLLYWOOD tonight for his birthday dinner. And neither one is answerting their cells.

ETA: Oh, just read that it was at a Hooters. No way my DD took him there...I am calmer now. lol

I must admit it was much easier to listen to him questioning witnesses than JW's high pitched voice and sarcasm especially directed toward Dr. DeMarte.

:truce:

MOO

I admit it. I don't hate the guy. He's a decent attorney. And Oscar from the Office played him in the Lifetime movie. He also came prepared to court. I'd rather that than unprepared. Someone's got to be a defense attorney, whether or not we like it. It's part of the judicial system.

I think the juror was saying the Bear (Travis suffered horrific trauma) and if the Tiger (JA) has trauma it is because of the trauma she put Travis through and it was after the fact and not because of so called abuse.

I thought the tiger/bear question was one of the best questions (among others) because: Just think of this--

A bear (maybe the 2 people in JA's story) attacks much differently than a tiger (maybe Travis attacking JA). A bear will use his paws and his mouth to attack, has much more mass, maybe more lumbering, etc (hence 2 people) and a tiger will mainly try to attack a person's throat for a fast kill.

These scenarios are completely different when you consider how a person will react to each of them. The trauma would be different and after, if in fact you live, the memories would be different. Your injuries would probably be different, too.

I had a problem with the idea that the different answers (2 people, 1 person) could possible not matter- before JD explained it so well and was able to process her answer and saw just what she saw (and maybe what the juror needed clarification in).

Just another thing. I hate that NG was talking :banghead::banghead: over JD and JM and couldn't hear what was beening said (I watch HLN for the trial). I don't know why she does that!!!!! :banghead: I don't watch HLN because of NG- I just want her to shut-up, please!!!! :banghead:

What do you think about my assessment of the tiger/bear question?

This comports precisely with the defendant's version of events which she recounted for the jury in answer to a juror's question; i.e., "I have no memory of putting the camera in the washer."

Which is precisely why I don't believe it for a second.

I believe that is the ONLY thing she didn't lie about.

the story about her getting some guy's phone number on the flight home from Travis' memorial says it all....she's flying home from the memorial of the man she brutally killed.
and to top it off, she's hooking up with someone else...

stone.cold.psychopath

My understanding was that the sheets had been washed and were in the drier. I don't think that was something that was done prior to the murder not after the murder. The camera was in the washer with clothes & towels. I could be wrong but that is how I understood it.

Evidently, I'm not expressing myself clearly in how I think it happened but it doesn't matter. We don't know and won't ever find out. lol

I have a question: Can the DT call Jodi on rebuttal? JW and JA seem to be gearing up for something, writing lots and lots of notes, so I am wondering, Are these notes to requestion JA at some point? Why else would they be writing all these notes?

I have secretly obtained a typed transcript of those notes:

luna59_13.jpg

Please allow me to share a personal story, which I hope will be an inspiration to the wonderful Alexander family and also any fellow WS commenters who are going through a difficult time.

My best friend (and former wife) Karen had a horrendous summer and fall in 2010.

First she survived an amputation of her right leg due to a diabetes related infection of her foot and ankle that she delayed treatment for. Somehow the doctors were able to save her lower leg. It was truly a miracle of epic proportions.

As she was learning to walk again and getting over this life threatening experience, while in a rehab hospital, the doctors discovered both uterine cancer and breast cancer. Oh my. How much can one patient endure?

So next up is a D&C and a hysterectomy followed by a mastectomy. When will it end we all thought including our 40-year-old son who slept in a chair beside her for many nights while she was in intensive care.

This of course required weeks of radiation which didn't end until February. This was the 7th month of one health crisis after another including -- if you can believe it -- kidney failure which she ultimately recovered from. But not before some very anxiety ridden scary days.

I forgot to mention that in the middle of all this her younger brother lost his two-year battle with Stage IV colorectal cancer. Jeez.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS

Today her spirits are high, her diabetes symptoms are much better and she has lost 40 pounds using Weight Watchers. She still sees three oncologists regularly. But so far so good.

I am overwhelmed by the indomitable spirit and perseverance of the human condition. When I reflect on what Karen overcame and the horrific event that WS poster Katiecoolady overcame with the loss of her sister it takes my breath away.

It also reassures me that the Travis Alexander family will one day be okay and flying high just like Karen, who is following this trial just like we are.

This storm shall pass and they will return to the joyful life they once had, having made many new friends along the way. They deserve nothing less.

But, but HE didn't pull it off if you ask me. The lack of intelligent thinkers did! He clearly got the ultimate LUCKY!

I have to say I really like that jurors can ask questions in AZ. Most of them seem to give a read on what they are thinking.

FL need to add this to their sunshine laws.

In the CA case, then we could have seen that, "When does the dessert lady come again?" Would not have left us as dumbfounded

!I'm not joking about that. It is the TRUTH!

As usual Softail I completely agree with you.

Baez only won his case because of the jurors that were seated. No other jury in the country would have acquitted Casey Anthony. If Casey had this jury she would be spending the rest of her life in prison for sure. Casey owes her entire life to the Pinellas 12 they let her get away with murder.

How come NO ONE is posting the video of Mr. Martinez giving the Redirect today? Can't find it anywhere? Is it a secret or something?

This comports precisely with the defendant's version of events which she recounted for the jury in answer to a juror's question; i.e., "I have no memory of putting the camera in the washer."

Which is precisely why I don't believe it for a second.

Yes!!! That was my point exactly. It was all in a wad on the way to the washer. She was just throwing things in and the camera was mixed up in the wad and was thrown in completely unbeknownst to her.

Not that it was washed with the sheets.

I don't know why I couldn't articulate that.

No one believes that but that's what *I* believe. But it doesn't mean I agree with her. She was just lying to explain it all as she usually did.

Then I don't think your fear would qualify as PTSD - more like fear of all animals, or all wild animals, or something like that. At any rate, you wouldn't be responding to the specific animal that caused your fear.

IIRC, Jodi said on (Samuels') test, that the incident was cuased by a stranger so it follows that she should experience PTSD when she is among strangers. Travis was hardly a stranger.
In the most simplistic way I can think of putting this:
If she lied during the test about what TRIGGERED her ( strangers/ ninjas)
Then WHY is anyone assuming any other answers she gave were truly indicative of how she FELT? The argument being made that she had some sort of trauma ( bear, tiger / ninjas/ actual killing of TA and the accompanying answers to this made up event seem irrelevant to me. She made up a story AND made up how she did or didn't feel/react to. There is no reason we have to believe any part of the test because we KNOW she lied about the event, and probably lied about everything else. JMO. ( this was not aimed at any poster in particular, just jumping in on this post)

It wasn't. Towel (matching the one on his towel bar in the photos ... rust/orange color/salmon (lol)), t-shirt, socks, camera, etc. NO bedding.

IIRC, sheets were found in the dryer, leading to the belief Travis himself may have washed them and put them in there. There wouldn't be any point to JA even putting them in the dryer, what would she care? She would just put the camera, towels, shirt, socks into the washer with the sheets.

MOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member