trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT--I am a new member, and when I see how many of us on WS (and globally) who have given up our normal lives to follow Travis`s case, and have our hearts and souls relying on justice for Travis, I think of the WS members who followed the Caylee Anthony case in the same depth. I just wanted to give you a shout out. I now know what you all went through. Hugs.

the story about her getting some guy's phone number on the flight home from Travis' memorial says it all....she's flying home from the memorial of the man she brutally killed.
and to top it off, she's hooking up with someone else...

stone.cold.psychopath

And this is after the whole Ryan burns thing less than 24hours after she murdered him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PTSD doesn't excuse the killing of TA. Fauxg doesn't excuse the killing. BPD doesn't excuse the killing of TA. There is nothing any of the experts testified to that is a valid defense for JA on why she killed T.A.

Further, Juan will be able to tell the jury during closing arguments that the burden to prove the killing was due to JA defending her own life was solely Jodi's and she failed to prove she had any reasonable fear of her life being in danger or that she used reasonable force to save her life.

It was a big fat ZILCH on all measures. Her life wasn't in danger, she preplanned and premeditated the murder, it was indeed murder in the first degree, and she is guilty.

< /game over >
I agree, there is no evidence of DV/abuse, none, zilch, nada, zero, nil, just some name calling as warranted by Travis to JA in her harrasment, intrusive behavior.

This was clearly a premeditated OVERKILL murder by a psychopathic pathological liar telling three different uncorroborated stories, where the third story has about 7 different versions. Checkmate.

A normal person would panic and even a person who was upset and did this in an anger freak out would panic. She's not going to panic though. Rush around? yes. Nothing rattles her it seems.

I think THAT was the source of her trauma

She was in an unfamiliar state, panic, lol

Why is everyone on Janeen DeMarte like she has some sort of drinking problem?

If you watch Dr. Demarte closely, and let me tell you, I have (but, I digress...in my bunk), you will notice she pours a little bit of water into those fancy styrofoam cups and sips it.

At worst she's just using the cup and water carafe as a prop to give herself something to do, because I can't imagine answering Wilmott's questions-in-search-of-a-point is particularly engaging.

I mean, really, if one of your "data points" for criticism is that someone testifying (in Phoenix, go figure) is sipping too much water you 1. Have very little of relevance to say and, therefore 2. are probably Dr. Drew.

I haven't seen those posts saying she had a thirsty issue. I personally didn't see that, but I am having to watch on HLN after school since I cannot watch the trial in my classroom. :(

Who said she had a drinking problem? That's crazy!! :facepalm:

That is exactly what has changed my belief from accidentally putting it in the washer to a deliberate act. She needed to make sure all the photos were deleted (or so she thought) and probably believed the wash cycle would finish off what she had started. If she had removed the camera from the house, I agree, she would be the first suspect as Travis' friends knew her as a photographer.

MOO

The reason I think the camera in the wash was an accident is she knew that others knew she was a photographer, so she couldnt take the camera and she also knew she should not purposely put it in the washer because what random Ninja criminal would throw a camera in the washing machine.

This makes me think she totally threw it in there by accident.

I am thinking she just deleted the pics and it got tossed in the wash by accident, but she never realized it and thought it was in his room or something. She may have never given it another thought until LE explained how they have pics.

bringing this over:

isPfKyvl.jpg

Are those people taking photos of jodi?

I will have to listen again, but I thought the follow up question was something like: Trauma is trauma, no matter if from a bear or a tiger. That is what worried me the most. But I might be remembering it wrong.

Yeah, I didn't much like the question either. I totally took it to mean that the juror was saying that if jodi experienced trauma as a result of her killing of Travis, and answered questions regarding symptoms based on only that trauma, but did not name the source of the trauma truthfully, on the test, the actual existence of symptoms of trauma or PTSD would still be present.

It was a troubling question and I don't know that it was answered in a way that would resolve any issues the juror has with what the expert stated about the validity of the test results.

I know bad etiquette to bring my post over but did want some feedback as the thread closed.

It was interesting listening to a TH today. She said it's important to have the jury know the difference between PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Defendants with PTSD can be rehabilitated, but those with BPD can not be rehabilitated. They fall in the same line as Serial killers. That's why JW and the defense are fighting so hard against the Borderline Personality Disorder.

According to the TH's a jury is more inclined to go for a stiffer sentence when a defendant cant be rehabilitated.

It seems this is why JW was fighting so hard.

Thoughts ?

I think there's two reasons they are fighting this so hard: One, she has PTSD as a result of abuse, thus she was abused and self-defense is more believable. Two, she cannot talk about the actual killing, (which could hurt her case, if she had to answer questions about it), not because she is trying to avoid specific questions about how stabbing a person in the back, chest and head 28 times and slitting their throat from ear to ear, is self defense, but because PTSD causes memory problems and she suffered memory loss about the killing.

Oh GREAT. My DD took my DS and his gf to HOLLYWOOD tonight for his birthday dinner. And neither one is answerting their cells.

ETA: Oh, just read that it was at a Hooters. No way my DD took him there...I am calmer now. lol

It wasn't hooters was it?

I have a question: Can the DT call Jodi on rebuttal? JW and JA seem to be gearing up for something, writing lots and lots of notes, so I am wondering, Are these notes to requestion JA at some point? Why else would they be writing all these notes?

Unless by some rare exception by the Judge, the defense cannot call any more witnesses. They had their CIC, and now the State presents it's rebuttal. Closing arguments will follow.

MOO

I haven't seen those posts saying she had a thirsty issue. I personally didn't see that, but I am having to watch on HLN after school since I cannot watch the trial in my classroom. :(

All that talking makes a person thirsty!

bringing this over:

isPfKyvl.jpg

Ack! She's been abandoned again! By her Defense Team.

Whoa thought it was a nightmare
Lord it was so true
They told me don't go walkin' slow
The devil's on the loose

Better run through the jungle
Whoa don't look back to see

source/author: John Fogerty

I agree, there is no DV, no abuse, none, zilch, nada, zero, nil, just some name calling when warranted by Travis, tis all.

This was clearly a premeditated OVERKILL murder by a psychopathic pathological liar telling three different uncorroborated stories, where the third story has about 7 different versions. Check Mate.

BBM

I was happy to hear Dr. D. adding that his name calling was "in response to" something Jodi did.

So, if I call someone a name after they do something bad to me, by the defense theory, I am abusing them??? :facepalm:

The first load of sheets was in the dryer already. The camera was the second load. But who knows Travis could of washed the sheets that afternoon too.

article-2258479-16CAF59A000005DC-38_634x395.jpg

towelarias_0.jpg

I don't think there was bedding in the washing machine.

Why is everyone on Janeen DeMarte like she has some sort of drinking problem?

If you watch Dr. Demarte closely, and let me tell you, I have (but, I digress...in my bunk), you will notice she pours a little bit of water into those fancy styrofoam cups and sips it.

At worst she's just using the cup and water carafe as a prop to give herself something to do, because I can't imagine answering Wilmott's questions-in-search-of-a-point is particularly engaging.

I mean, really, if one of your "data points" for criticism is that someone testifying (in Phoenix, go figure) is sipping too much water you 1. Have very little of relevance to say and, therefore 2. are probably Dr. Drew.

Exactly. She poured tiny amounts and took tiny sips. It's not like she had beer hat on or was sucking on a 40 or carried her Big Gulp to the stand while she testified.

the camera could have also been bloody and needed a good washing

That's exactly what I thought after I posted!!!!!! Her DNA was all over that, as most likely blood from being in the bathroom during the murder.

I was amazed at how much water she drank and held... No special potty breaks, no fumbling around looking for her records, no..,,i left it at home, no...oh I forgot my glasses for the 5th time.. Was refreshing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question????

Was JW twisting things again today? She was trying to disprove JDM's contention that JA went directly from one boyfriend to the next. JW said that JA was single for 14 months between Matt McCartney and Darryl.

Is this true? If so, this is the first I've heard of it.

As for juror's questions, some good questions, and more importantly than the questions that were asked is the ones that weren't asked. There were no questions about memory. Also, no questions about battered women or an abusive relationship. Since the defense is built on JA being a battered woman and she can't testify as to what happened on June 4 because of her memory loss due to PTSD it seems like those jurors who did ask questions aren't buying whatever the defense is selling.

It's all good IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members