trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't you think she'd have to do a lot more to make a complete, thorough diagnosis? I do. I saw borderline as a starting point. And I thought she was really there to shoot down the DV and PTSD diagnoses. I don't know how much further she could go.

And to continue that statement,
I also don't know how much further she could go (or want to go) without making JA sound like a psychopathic lunatic and then we have the jury wanting to put her in a hospital instead of giving her murder 1. With BPD, the jury can still feel good with the latter sentencing.

(not that others with BPD are ANYTHING like JA!!)

She had also told her father they were going to be married, even though he had never met Travis.

MOO

Any idea when she told her father that? Wondering if it was shortly after she stole that engagement ring from Travis...

I agree. Its kind of sad to think of the double standard that society has. I agree if the genders were flipped, not only would there be DP for sure, but the outrage would be more severe in the MSM. 29 stab wounds and so forth.

That is so true. Even on "After Dark' tonight they asked " Is JA a danger to society?" and some of the jurors and TH's answered NO, she in only a danger to future boyfriends. :what: Seriously? Is that not the same thing as being a danger to society?

If it was a male, they would not even dare ask that question. JMO

BBM

Nice catch!

A Freudian slip on her part maybe? "Animals are people too", she brutally slaughtered a person, I wonder how many animals she killed before that?

IMO, she Killed "Doggy Boy" - The dog. When she was in 8th grade I believe. She did this and "had no feeling" about doing it. JMO

I just wanted to post that I "HAD" some of the concerns many of our posters are questioning regarding the Juror questions. I was really nervous when I first heard them.

I went back and listened to them ALL again with an open mind and found none of them to be "Pro Defense" but merely questions they wanted clarified by someone whom they trusted to give them a professional, intelligent, honest answer.

You may want to listen again if you are nervous, it really helps alot. JMO

I agree. I spent the day at the beach on Cape Cod-am on the ocean side, pm on the bay so I missed all the testimony but got lots of sun and am just catching up. I was concerned after reading here but I found the juror questions to be fine. They are not advocates but truth seekers. They should have questions about all kinds of things. That they have many more for the DT and many of those seem to have a certain skeptical or perhaps incredulous tone is a good thing but they should not be taking up sides. They have a job to do and it seems that at least most of them are doing it diligently. That is all we can ask. I take the lack of questions for Dr D as opposed to the other experts as indicative that JM's witness presentation makes more sense and is easier to understand without mental gymnastics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You know, you're correct that both genders should be concerned!

She'd knife a woman just as fast as a man if that woman was in her way.

IF Mimi Hall had been there when JA showed up that night, she would be dead too, imo.

I'm trying to watch part 4 on youtube, catching up, but right now it's stuck.

I'm having some trouble understanding what is going on with the MMPI-2. It seems that Dr. DeMarte doesn't use this test, yet it has been admitted, and she's being rudely cross examined on it.

While going over the different scoring levels, she showed on the graph that JA scored low on the antisocial part.

Does anyone know why she is being cross examined on this test, or even scored it, if she doesn't use it?

And how in the heck would JA score low on the antisocial part? This is not the "yes or no" kind of test Doc $ used, IIRC. TIA

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 50 - Part 4 - YouTube

BBM

I look at it like Dr. Spitz testimony in the KC trial. Take something completely unnecessary and blame the prosecutions witness for not doing it.

I'm trying to watch part 4 on youtube, catching up, but right now it's stuck.

I'm having some trouble understanding what is going on with the MMPI-2. It seems that Dr. DeMarte doesn't use this test, yet it has been admitted, and she's being rudely cross examined on it.

While going over the different scoring levels, she showed on the graph that JA scored low on the antisocial part.

Does anyone know why she is being cross examined on this test, or even scored it, if she doesn't use it?

And how in the heck would JA score low on the antisocial part? This is not the "yes or no" kind of test Doc $ used, IIRC. TIA

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 50 - Part 4 - YouTube

I was wondering if you or anyone can blow this up so we can see what scale she is on at PD.Willimott asked about d which was depression then she asks what PD means and Dr says Psychopathic Deviance I had it large on my screen and Jodis face gets a oh boy WTH look on it.Then Willimott pulls it off and skips it. I can not see it what number its at, I want to know the number it spikes to.

Anyone have a link to Juan's questioning of DD today? Croaker queen has everything up except that part...

Found it! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8XEK-B6OOI"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 50 - Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

I totally agree.. I mute my TV when that happens, which is regularly.. I will no longer watch her show after tonight..

That's well and good, but HLN will have no idea that you are doing that unless you complain directly to them.

I looked it up during that testimony and read about scoring it, etc. I can't remember the exact name is why I'm hesitant to say it's definitely the same test we're talking about.

But if it's the one JA lied about the event on, yep, I've seen it and read it all. It has sections for short 'essay' type answers, not quantitative ones. But those are also counted and scored numerically, so the score doesn't take into consideration the quality of the answers (that I noticed). It's a frequency count (she has 3 of 5 possible symptoms...)

The professional should take the quality of those answers into consideration, though. That's why lay people aren't really supposed to take those tests alone, because they don't know what all to look for that is qualitative and meaningful.

Dr Samuels acting as if it was a totally quantitative test means he shirked his professional duty, imho. The test wouldn't have folks write out answers if the written parts weren't important to consider. He was right that, technically, the numerical score doesn't matter if the trauma was different. That's not very professional, but it is technically true -- like bad statistics, lol.

Here's some info on the PSD about scoring (and how it cannot detect malingering):
http://www.clintools.com/victims/resources/assessment/ptsd/pds.html

And here's the PSD questions:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&ved=0CEgQFjADOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomepage.psy.utexas.edu%2Fhomepage%2Fclass%2Fpsy394U%2FBower%2F13%2520Theories%2520of%2520PTSD%2FPTSD%2520Diagnostic%2520Test&ei=ELNwUYKQLIP_igKV84DgDg&usg=AFQjCNFbdl_iBmRQTgB97RotPH51AKbB2g&sig2=78JL6clOX-c2hMGKbqTXuw

And, she very deliberately pointed out to Det. F. That she believed "animals are people, too" (paraphrased) in reference to TA dog.

IMO, a very contrived statement in an effort to hide her real feelings.

she has tried to anthropomorphize napoleon in her testimony as well.. many times.

it is SICK:twocents:

I have a couple of things I'm wondering about and would appreciate your thoughts on them:

1) How will the final 12 jurors be determined?

2) Would Juan consider taking DP off the table if JA plead guilty to Murder 1 and LWOP?

Thanks

Snipped by me for space...
Just jumping off your post here, but I also think she put it in the washer on purpose. Heres why, While Jodi wants to deem herself as a photographer professionally, the evidence I have seen is that she likes to take pictures... but didn't have a really strong photographic eye... While she probably knew somethings about cameras and memory cards such as the basic functions... I think that it was her full belief that once deleted they are deleted. If there was any chance for them to be recovered she thinks, "well, I'll throw it in a wash cycle and it will get destroyed"... I don't think she understood the possibility that someone could get those pictures extracted deleted and waterlogged. They probably had a hard time getting them, I would be that it wasn't a simple technique(I missed that testimony).
So while Jodi took pictures and knew basic things, she didn't realize that detectives have their ways of doing things. She wasn't as smart as she thought she was.

Also, I think she didn't take the camera on purpose because in her interrogation it was immediately said to Flores "Nothing was taken right"? She knew that this camera was a recent purchase that he had made and talked to people about, they found the box and possibly the receipt of it (Unsure) in the office didn't they? The case was also found in the home. If a camera was missing, and Jodi liked to take pictures... well, that would make someone look at her...

These are the reasons why I believe she intentionally left the camera behind.

That being said, if it was really Travis' gun that she took I believe she would of left that behind in the washing machine as well.

I have a $35 piece of software that will do data recovery from the memory cards for my camera. It's a slow, but easy process. I've had a few cards get corrupted but never permanently lost an image yet. Recently deleted photos are easy to recover, in my experience. I missed the testimony as to how they specifically did it in this case, though - just offering my anecdotal experience as a photographer FWIW.

I wouldn't run one of my memory cards through a wash for anything. I'm not convinced it would be recoverable, and I've got years and years of using these things daily under my belt. I get nervous putting them in the x-ray machines at the airport! I have no trouble believing she thought it would be sufficient to wipe the photos out forever.

JMO!

You know, you're correct that both genders should be concerned!

She'd knife a woman just as fast as a man if that woman was in her way.

Agreed.

I bet even her DT is scared of her. The way she watched Willmott today was creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

I have a feeling she loathes everyone for ruining her life...:rolleyes:

I have a couple of things I'm wondering about and would appreciate your thoughts on them:

1) How will the final 12 jurors be determined?

2) Would Juan consider taking DP off the table if JA plead guilty to Murder 1 and LWOP?

Thanks

:twocents::twocents::twocents:ALERT

1) by drawing? not sure

2)absolutely freaking not.. :rocker:

The whole thing with "roommates" being in the house for the 4 or 5 days and noticing nothing, especially in June in AZ, will never make sense to me. Plus does seem to me, anyway, the roommates were people TA was trying to get involved in his work, not real friends and to help with the cost...Why at almost 30 yrs old not just buy your own home that is affordable, especially if your wanting to find a woman soon to marry.

Seems like the house was more like a frat house or something. He was a little to old to be doing that.

And just to clarify, yes, I think she is guilty, except the roommate thing bothers me.

Any idea when she told her father that? Wondering if it was shortly after she stole that engagement ring from Travis...

It was when she peeked in the window and saw him on the couch with another woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie