trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BBM
I used to think along these lines , but switched to an accident because if she threw it in the wash on purpose, it would still give LE a hint of someone who liked taking pictures which is her.

If she was really trying to make it look like a random murderer, then why would she bring attention to it and let the camera be found in such a strange place. All that would do is tell LE that someone in the house must have wanted to destroy pictures on this camera.

This really makes me think she just messed up and it got thrown in wash by accident.

I do think she would have just taken it, but for the same reason of not wanting to suspect herself, she left it there, but screwed up and it got thrown in wash by accident.

JMO of course

Maybe Jodi was 2 steps ahead.

IMO, JA deletes the pictures because...she did.
JA throws the camera in the wash machine to wash DNA off.

MAYBE, JA assumed after a few days with the roomies assuming TA was in Cancun, they would do laundry and take out the wash that was in there and the LE would be none the wiser. Maybe one of the roomies discovering the camera would be thinking, "wow, I wonder if Travis knows his camera was accidently put through the wash with his stuff"and simply put it aside and it would be forgotten.

OK, just making stuff up here LOL

I am not bothered by the PTSD questions. I would be concerned if there were BW questions.

O/T : my 7 year old just stated to my 4 year old "Do you want to watch Kipper? Yes or No?" Cannot make this stuff up.

lololol! so cute! same ages as my Kipper-loving kids. The older sometimes does the same, since i have started framing questions like this to them. I am amazed how well JM's questioning technique works....with my kids and patients lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I trying to watch part 4 on youtube, catching up, but right now it's stuck.

I'm having some trouble understanding what is going on with the MMPI-2. It seems that Dr. DeMarte doesn't use this test, yet it has been admitted and she's being rudely cross examined on it.

While going over the different scoring levels, she showed on the graph that JA scored low on the antisocial part.

Does anyone know why she eing cross examined on this test or scored it, if she doesn't use it?

And how in the heck would JA score low on the antisocial part? This is not the "yes or no" kind of test Doc $ used, IIRC. TIA

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 50 - Part 4 - YouTube

My understanding is that the defense was attempting to discredit her because she didn't use the most current version of the test and she doesn't look at certain result sheets because she says most people in her field of work don't use them. As far as the antisocial part goes, i believe that the expert indicated that just because something may be labeled "antisocial" that label is extremely simplified and the score actually relates to a whole slew of sub-items.

This Thompson thing has bugged me since day one. She initially told police she thought her not-quite-ex, Dustin, was possibly responsible for the murder. She then withdraws her statement, and 18 (?) months or so later she is dead by a gsw to the head. Ruling: suicide.

Probably just eerie coincidence, but still......:what:

maybe....maybe not

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

If JA were a man, I've no doubt this jury would convict her of murder 1 and give her the DP.

It's possible someone on that jury feels sympathy for her because she's not a man. :banghead:

If she is ever released, men should be scared. Very scared.

bbm.

Arias is damn crazy - males and females should be scared. I don't think gender matters to her.

So was Jodi running around wearing that engagement ring telling everyone Travis popped the question? Didn't someone say on HLN once that Jodi told her they 'got engaged' or do I have False Memory Syndrome?

Yes with a cellmate and she claimed self defense.

Don't forget!

In May 2009, pens were discovered under Arias' sink.

In January 2010, she was caught in possession of 19 unauthorized photos.

Arias disobeyed her instructor in one of her classes.

She was caught hiding pens in shampoo bottles and under the bed.

She was caught with several unauthorized treatments for her skin including acne, antifungal and anti-itch creams.

If I was the one who got to answer the juror questions, and I got the bear vs. tiger trauma question, I would answer like this:

A bear attack vs. a tiger attack is not really equivalent to the two varying traumas Jodi described. A better comparison would be to imagine you went camping with your pet tiger who you love and adore, and who is really well behaved except for a scratch or two and a nip. And then suddenly it rears up attacks you and you are forced to put it down.

On the other hand, say you went camping with your sweetheart, and after fooling around in the tent all afternoon, you are suddenly surprised by two ferocious bears, who start tearing apart your sweetheart. They drool on you but let you go/you get away, and you drive home without calling emergency services and pretend everything is fine.

I would say those are very different traumas. On one side your sweetheart is attacked and murdered in front of your eyes and you are almost killed by MULTIPLE attackers. And the other, your sweetheart is the danger and you have to put down someone you love to survive.

Ps. I don't believe any of these stories...the ninjas, Travis the wet attacker, the tiger, or the bear. They are all fiction.

Why is everyone on Janeen DeMarte like she has some sort of drinking problem?

If you watch Dr. Demarte closely, and let me tell you, I have (but, I digress...in my bunk), you will notice she pours a little bit of water into those fancy styrofoam cups and sips it.

At worst she's just using the cup and water carafe as a prop to give herself something to do, because I can't imagine answering Wilmott's questions-in-search-of-a-point is particularly engaging.

I mean, really, if one of your "data points" for criticism is that someone testifying (in Phoenix, go figure) is sipping too much water you 1. Have very little of relevance to say and, therefore 2. are probably Dr. Drew.

I just figured her mouth was dry from being nervous. She showed an incredible amount of composure, but on the inside, she probably was somewhat nervous. I think that's why she was taking sips like you said. I saw her swishing the water around her mouth, which tells me she wasn't thirsty, but just trying to keep her mouth moist.

My understanding is that the defense was attempting to discredit her because she didn't use the most current version of the test and she doesn't look at certain result sheets because she says most people in her field of work don't use them. As far as the antisocial part goes, i believe that the expert indicated that just because something may be labeled "antisocial" that label is extremely simplified and the score actually relates to a whole slew of sub-items.

On that .. Isn't the latest test two years old and didn't she test Jodi two years ago?

Plus we don't know the hell she put her parents through before the marijuana call to the cops either. It's probable they were at their wits end with her by that point and that was the straw with them.

We know she put Travis through hell and back in the course of what, 2 years? Imagine what her parents had to deal with for 15 years plus. :eek:

Yes, that was exactly my point. From what we have heard about her, apparently she was quite rebellious and had a temper, to say the least.

MOO

Someone brought up a possibiility last night. Maybe there was another strap. JA had 2 cameras of her own and maybe she used one of her own straps or maybe there was a separate strap for the camera bag that was used.

It does seem like that camera was attached to her as it seemed to follow her around.

I'd have to look at the photos to see the angle of the pics accidentally taken but I know that I have a habit of tucking my iPhone (which doubles as my camera) into the waist of my pants if I suddenly need my hands free and I'd been using it. If that's the case it might explain the accidental pics from her moving about. Just a thought.

bbm.

Arias is damn crazy - males and females should be scared. I don't think gender matters to her.

You know, you're correct that both genders should be concerned!

She'd knife a woman just as fast as a man if that woman was in her way.

Snipped by me for space...
Just jumping off your post here, but I also think she put it in the washer on purpose. Heres why, While Jodi wants to deem herself as a photographer professionally, the evidence I have seen is that she likes to take pictures... but didn't have a really strong photographic eye... While she probably knew somethings about cameras and memory cards such as the basic functions... I think that it was her full belief that once deleted they are deleted. If there was any chance for them to be recovered she thinks, "well, I'll throw it in a wash cycle and it will get destroyed"... I don't think she understood the possibility that someone could get those pictures extracted deleted and waterlogged. They probably had a hard time getting them, I would be that it wasn't a simple technique(I missed that testimony).
So while Jodi took pictures and knew basic things, she didn't realize that detectives have their ways of doing things. She wasn't as smart as she thought she was.

Also, I think she didn't take the camera on purpose because in her interrogation it was immediately said to Flores "Nothing was taken right"? She knew that this camera was a recent purchase that he had made and talked to people about, they found the box and possibly the receipt of it (Unsure) in the office didn't they? The case was also found in the home. If a camera was missing, and Jodi liked to take pictures... well, that would make someone look at her...

These are the reasons why I believe she intentionally left the camera behind.

That being said, if it was really Travis' gun that she took I believe she would of left that behind in the washing machine as well.

ITA, just because you take pics with a digital camera and knows photoshop, doesn't mean you know anything about computers and/or memory chips/cards. I am of the camp she thought by deleting the pics and placing camera with storage card through a wash cycle it would obliterate forensics. She ain't a genius folks. She still is a product of her education and experience. I still can't believe someone who intended to take the camera with her would stop to delete images (in a very limited time frame to get out of the house).

yes, I concur.. that and the feral cats too (we know what she really did with cats based on actual interviews on hln)

I personally think she hates animals:twocents: (or anything that takes attention away from herself)

And, she very deliberately pointed out to Det. F. That she believed "animals are people, too" (paraphrased) in reference to TA dog.

IMO, a very contrived statement in an effort to hide her real feelings.

So HLN After Dark's question tonight: Is JA a danger to society.

I vote yes.

What say you all?

Of course, she is a threat and a danger to society. You cannot give meds to cure her personality disorder,. She murdered Travis and will murder others if she is let out into the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue