trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post a link to the jurors' questions from today. I saw most of them up until NG came on, then NG felt a need to talk over most of the Q & A session. ( O/T I wish she wasn't so needy for attention. )

Here's how I think no one noticed: no one had their guard up thinking anyone there would be killed. Now, if someone there was dealing in drugs or complained about a stalker that was going to harm them - they might have looked. maybe. But we're talking about a couple of bachelors that probably stayed more at their girlfriends house and only came home to shower/shat and change. If he had his own wing of the home and it was upstairs - isolated away from people with the AC going, no one would smell anything unless they opened up his door. Not only that but having lived in that area myself, we always had some sorta vermin or animal that got into the house and would die. I don't know how many times I played "Where is that smell coming from?!" only to find it was a mouse etc. Yes we are talking about a person but it's not something you'd even consider unless there was reason to do so. JMO

It's just one of those things where - even though there's stuff about TA I'd like to discuss, I have to remember this is about JA being on trial - not him, not the what if's and possibilities.

Where can I read about the trouble she's been in - in jail? Huffington post has a great timeline which answers a lot of questions.

Thank you and I agree. This trial is upsetting to me, it conjures up bad feelings about myself (I feel like a monster) and I've thought heavily about many things.

I agree with you that she is a psychopath. I whole-heardly believe she is. I think she can be diagnosed as just about anything because that's what she's portraying at that moment.
Please stay strong and do your best to cancel/keep at bay the bad feelings conjured up by the trial. If it's any comfort, I really think the State has been very careful not to attribute Travis's murder on Jodi's BPD diagnosis, but rather use it to debunk the PTSD diagnosis/battered woman's syndrome claim presented by the defense. Like you, I'm sure Dr. DeMarte's psychological evaluation revealed a host of other mental health issues that they haven't shared with the jury.

I thought the tiger/bear question was one of the best questions (among others) because: Just think of this--

A bear (maybe the 2 people in JA's story) attacks much differently than a tiger (maybe Travis attacking JA). A bear will use his paws and his mouth to attack, has much more mass, maybe more lumbering, etc (hence 2 people) and a tiger will mainly try to attack a person's throat for a fast kill.

These scenarios are completely different when you consider how a person will react to each of them. The trauma would be different and after, if in fact you live, the memories would be different. Your injuries would probably be different, too.

I had a problem with the idea that the different answers (2 people, 1 person) could possible not matter- before JD explained it so well and was able to process her answer and saw just what she saw (and maybe what the juror needed clarification in).

Just another thing. I hate that NG was talking :banghead::banghead: over JD and JM and couldn't hear what was beening said (I watch HLN for the trial). I don't know why she does that!!!!! :banghead: I don't watch HLN because of NG- I just want her to shut-up, please!!!! :banghead:

What do you think about my assessment of the tiger/bear question?

I guess what I don't get is that to me, although I have never been attacked by either, would seem equally deadly. I don't see how the question could be applied when the answer is either TA attacked JA thus defense, or JA premeditated murder. (Which I think she did, zero doubt)

The Scott/Lacey Petterson movie is just now on LMN. I can't help wondering if the juror who asked the bear/tiger ? is dreaming of someday seeing it played out on screen. It takes all kinds, right?

I agree, THs are infuriating, esp. when they change positions more than .... on second thought...:nevermind:

They could have used Hare's Psychopathy Checklist
http://www.hare.org/scales/pclr.html

Or, they could have just recognized the fact that she cut his throat from ear to ear down to the spine. All the attendant problems associated with the word notwithstanding, that is not the behavior of a "normal" person. That behavior is all I need to convince me that this girl is mashugana. That's not in the DSM IV either, but it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Ok so no smilies that I can see besides the normal :) and :( lol

I just mainly love it so much because I can actually choose a page to go to on a thread, like if I'm 20 pages behind, instead of hitting the arrow over and over I can just choose a certain page #. I couldn't do that before on regular Tapatalk. Probably not explaining myself too well, but just the overall look and usage of the 2 I like way better :)
IMO

On the old tapatalk you can jump to whatever page number you want by clicking on the ......dots. A box pops up and you enter the page number.

I like and use the original version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After review of most of the police report, it's mind boogling to me that a person who "feels" someone is stalking them, slashing tires, etc. leaves the door unlocked in that home. Not to mention any valuables a robber could take.

I don't doubt JA killed him and should most certainly pay for what she did but he played a major part in how that relationship played out and unfortunately it was not a smart deceision on his part. May he rip...

ITA!

Someone with PTSD does not ask a friend of Travis' if he would be so kind as take her to Travis' to see THE MURDER SCENE.

IMO, NO PTSD

What proves to me that she doesn't have PTSD is during the interrogation when she asked Det Flores to see the crime scene pictures out of "morbid curiosity".

juror ???- [video=youtube;YDO0bqaIbmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDO0bqaIbmk[/video]

I'm so glad Dr. Demarte was allowed to get in Jodi hiding in his house behind the Christmas Tree to spy on him.

HOW utterly creepy is that! WHO does that! (Jesus every good spy knows just plant a tiny wireless camera IN the tree you don't put your whole self behind it!)

god...

On the old tapatalk you can jump to whatever page number you want by clicking on the ......dots. A box pops up and you enter the page number.

I like and use the original version.

Ya know, I got it to do that ONE time lol and could NEVER make it happen again for some reason! :)

One thing that bugs me (among so many things) why did she even have the camera in her hand during the dragging photo? I think I remember the unused strap was found in the camera case, so why didn't she just put it down unless she rigged it around her neck somehow?

The camera was upside down on the floor for the last two pictures. The shutter would easily click if bumped.

I'm convinced she had and has no PTSD. Besides how JD explained why she doesn't, we can all see for ourselves on the police interviews that she showed no anxiety at all about the murder other than admitting to anything and being caught. She was eager to look at pictures. She showed no visible negative reaction to any of it. She never flinched. She was singing during breaks. She didn't even do any of that shaking she's claimed.

You know what -- you're so right! Thinking back to how she conducted herself in those police interviews and then the television interviews and going about he business like nothing happened immediately after slaughtering Travis -- she wasn't traumatized.

I'm so glad Dr. Demarte was allowed to get in Jodi hiding in his house behind the Christmas Tree to spy on him.

HOW utterly creepy is that! WHO does that! (Jesus every good spy knows just plant a tiny wireless camera IN the tree you don't put your whole self behind it!)

god...

Creepier... She was told to leave .. ... She SLEPT there... Behind and under the x-mas tree anyway!

ha (sp) incorporated.:seeya: All I know is its German.LOL.

What? hasenpfeffer incorporated...LaVerne and Shirley??
[video=youtube;mRmKzxhMzwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRmKzxhMzwo[/video]

So ALV put in speeches/presentations she didn't do in her CV, but DJD doesn't put every single speech/presentation in her CV.

god...

Well, duh!

That was a good one.

You know what -- you're so right! Thinking back to how she conducted herself in those police interviews and then the television interviews and going about he business like nothing happened immediately after slaughtering Travis -- she wasn't traumatized.

Not until she said she chickened out like a little B. Then she "acted" traumatized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487