trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huffington Post has listed the items in the wash. She used 1 towel (the one she used) and put bleach in. I don't think she had that much in her arms, and she had time to cool down (the shower would take awhile, she would have had blood everywhere!). This was calm and calculated. She grabbed that camera and tossed it in after deleting the pictures (another time consuming thing) and did it to cover her tracks and in spite of him. She could have staged a robbery, taking the camera, his wallet and other items but she didn't care that much.

I really think we have a budding serial killer in front of us. I really believe she'll get the death penalty and this won't be the last we hear of her either. She has no excuse for why she did what she did, in cold blood and then taking the time to shower, do the laundry and leaving. Who knows how long she spent there afterwards, but I suspect she was there 30 minutes after and while he laid in the shower dying. He had severe trauma and the blood would have sprayed (literally), he would have been covered as would she. But she cleaned them both off and that would have taken a lot of time. Never forget he had many cuts to his head, the neck and the gun shot. your head bleeds profusely and neck wounds (where he was cut even behind his ear) would have sprayed out. The shower would have been coated but it wasn't. Jodi took her time and I'd never be shocked to hear she even ate or took a nap. She feels NOTHING.

It's not any one thing...it's everything together.

Do you kick dogs? Your mother? On and on and on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! Linda. It's like Dr. D said -- it's a pattern and like she & the "books" say, the finding of BPD must have 7 positives out of the 10 listed, or whatever the number of items it is.

Just like circumstantial evidence -- it's not one piece of evidence, it's the piling up of all the individual pieces. Like piling up individual bricks, and tossing away the faulty ones, that makes the bricks into a wall that can't be gotten over or around.

I wonder if Jodi sang herself to sleep under/behind Travis' Christmas tree with her jailhouse prize winning rendition of "O Holy Night". LOL

Moving from last thread because I got shut out!

I am on the fence too. I think it's a good sign there were not a lot of questions but a several were on experience and that is not so good.

The"bear, tiger" question is confusing. I felt like it implies there is a juror who is buying Samuels' claim that even though JA wrote the trauma was a "bear" when it was a "tiger", she answered all subsequent questions with respect to it being a "tiger". That is concerning if someone believes that, but I can kind of see why they might. However, these psych tests are very specific, and a properly trained psychologist would NEVER consider the test valid if that initial untruth was discovered because if the person will lie on that part, what is to say they will not lie on any of the subsequent questions? There is just no way to tell if she was continuing to lie or not, so it becomes an invalid test that cannot be considered. Hopefully there are jurors who can help others understand this.

In contrast, I thought Dr. DeMarte's answer to the question re: stabbing and killing Travis being a traumatic event was fantastic. She clearly explained that of course it could be, but in this case even if it was, it did not lead to PTSD as evidenced by JA's behaviors of seeking out triggers (memorial, journaling re:Travis, irises etc.). I do believe the juror was asking in a snarky kind of way because Dr. DeMarte had testified on cross that that event was not traumatic in her view (in the sense of creating PTSD in JA), and it is hard for any of us to imagine that event not being traumatic given the crime scene photos. But IMO, Dr. DeMarte clarified her position on it very well.

Overall, the questions made me a bit nervous. I sense the jury wishes she had more experience but liked her and the way she presented her findings. IMO JM called this witness to refute Samuels and LaV - their opinions and their lack of professionalism - and to provide a psych diagnosis that makes more sense with the evidence than DV and/or PTSD and removes excuses for JA's killing of Travis. I think now he wants to get into the meat of the premeditation and horror of the crime.

Trying to stay positive!

For a moment, I was taken aback when I heard it as well, but I think it was an actual question and not a sarcastic question like, “Can you get PTSD from a bad hair cut.” So working under the premise that it was sincere, the question becomes: Was it a juror seeking to clarify the prosecution’s contention that the DT’s psychological, analytical tools were flawed and this proves that their whole “Jodi was attacked” position is flawed; or is it a juror who is potentially buying the DT’s position that “Jodi was attacked” and they wanted to see if DD would remain consistent? Based on everything we’ve seen so far, I think the question reflects a juror looking for clarification; not a juror buying into the DT’s position. Regardless of the juror mindset, DD answered consistently with her previous testimony, and therefore correctly, imo.

And also the fact that Travis did not have one weapon and Jodi had 2.

She was is no way shape or form she was fearing for her life. If she did she would of called 911 and not lie about what happened until she got busted with the DNA/camera.

"No jury will convict me?"- Not sure what alternative reality Jodi was in when she said that, but it shows no compassion at all. The exact opposite of Travis.

Bottom line, you do not slash a throat in self defense, along with the multiple stab wounds in the back. Not self defense. Very premeditated.

I am now trying to catch up with today's cross of JW with Dr. JD (just finished the morning section) and realized that JW asked lots of open ended questions such as what(who) is such such and tell me about it. It's so annoying like her thinking Dr. JD not knowing how to answer and giving her a "hard" test. Sometimes I can't stand JW's voice too, like a middle-aged woman pretending to be a teenage, sorry for my rudeness.

BBM

:great: :great: :grea

goodpost: :goodpost:

Yeah, the valley girl lilt Grow up JW, it doesn't work, and neither do your tight skirts.

Bottom line, you do not slash a throat in self defense, along with the multiple stab wounds in the back. Not self defense. Very premeditated.

Stealing the gun, gas cans... The monster is going down.

That said... I always worry about jurors and after all the trials I have followed.... I never underestimate the stupidly of people. Stupidity, lack of critical thinking, logic and commen sense is found in abundance IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote :Just about anything will be a good sign at this point. The prosecutor has been personally attacked and the defense witnesses are complete whack jobs. The guy today ... with the ... I can see Jodi in the reflection of the murder victim's eyeball. Hello. Is this nuts or what ... nuts like the mind of a photographer nuts. Jodi is calling the shots with her defense lawyers and they should be embarrassed for their client ... presenting eyeball reflection evidence in defense of murder.

... it's nuts"

And you aren't on this juror, nor am I so and if you pay attention to their questions, you might see a different point...And just fyi, I can compare to CA if I choose to, which imo, was a much stronger case.

Now that is funny. I just don't even...not even gonna...huh?

I am now trying to catch up with today's cross of JW with Dr. JD (just finished the morning section) and realized that JW asked lots of open ended questions such as what(who) is such such and tell me about it. It's so annoying like her thinking Dr. JD not knowing how to answer and giving her a "hard" test. Sometimes I can't stand JW's voice too, like a middle-aged woman pretending to be a teenage, sorry for my rudeness.

BBM

:great: :great: :grea

goodpost: :goodpost:

Yeah, the valley girl lilt Grow up JW, it doesn't work, and neither do your tight skirts.

If JA were a man, I've no doubt this jury would convict her of murder 1 and give her the DP.

It's possible someone on that jury feels sympathy for her because she's not a man. :banghead:

If she is ever released, men should be scared. Very scared.

Not just men. Any woman who dared look at her man or any woman her man dared talk to.
I have no doubt that given the opportunity she will kill again. She has tasted blood and she likes it. Killing gives her a sense of power and control she never had before. I am sure her list of future victims is quite long.

One of the characteristics in PDST is avoidance. In addition to what Dr. M said jodi did not avoid would be Dateline and 48 Hours. Lets not forget Inside Edition

You are so right. JA sought the limelight to bask in it as a victim, wrongly accused and incarcerated. I sure hope this all comes up again soon to remind the jury who JA really is.

I wonder why the "sarcasm" in the juror questions to Dr. DeMarte?

Are they testing her experience? What do you peeps think?

I have been thinking the same thing, I am positive there has been testimony about Arias kicking her mom after she was an adult. The only thing I have put together is that Dr. D doesn't have all the information we have. I didn't think potential witnesses were allowed to watch the trial. Is it possible she only has her interviews with Jodi and the pretrial evidence to go by, maybe that wasn't reported yet, or she missed it?

The only thing that causes me pause is I have had the impression several times that defense witnesses were expounding on previous testimony. Is that possible? Can the lawyers ask them to clarify the testimony of someone else?
I also thought the "Jodi-kicking-her-mother" incident occurred in April 2008, when Sandy came to Mesa to help JA pack for move back to Yreka. Found a mention of it during JM's cross-examination of Dick Samuels. Here's a link:
[video=youtube;9umU0rXWQ84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9umU0rXWQ84[/video]
for those interested.

Wouldn't the roommates think it odd that TA's dog was confined to the downstairs area by a doggie gate? I read that TA always let his dog have free access of his home..It's a lingering question with me, "How could the roommates not know something had happened to TA for five days"? I have read the PR, but it still doesn't make sense no one knew TA was dead for so long..

What really bothers me is the odor that was reported but roommates did find the odor awful ...and go see what the smell was ??? That has really bothered me.

If she ever gets let out I will fly to Phoenix and hold a protest.

She will kill again. She likes the feeling of power like most killers.

Not just men. Any woman who dared look at her man or any woman her man dared talk to.
I have no doubt that given the opportunity she will kill again. She has tasted blood and she likes it. Killing gives her a sense of power and control she never had before. I am sure her list of future victims is quite long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487