trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a point I thought I heard that too, but it ended up being "psychopathology". Maybe that's what you heard too?
Quite possibly yes. Thanks. Your answer means I don't have to listen to desparate crossing.

I was in an almost "cross like" situation today but not in a legal situation with similarly against our organisation information. If I had done the same as JW and tried to force the people listening as JW did, I am sure I would have been booted out and never been let back again. It reminded me just how ridiculous is to attempt people to agree to something just because it's on the screen. I took a very different approach and ended up with a good compromise.

Annnnd it's past Juan o'clock. At least this is good practice for when the trial is over. The withdrawal symptoms are going to be bad aren't they?

THANK YOU!!

I say this EVERY TIME I hear someone refer to her as a photographer...... SHE TOOK PICTURES - THAT'S IT!!!!! And there was NOTHING special about them!

My sister in law take GREAT pictures. Shes taken some for families, but she is NOT a photographer. In fact, shes in school to be a dental hygienist... just because she likes taking pictures and takes good ones doesnt make her a photographer.

JODI WAS A WAITRESS - nothing more, nothing less.

**DISCLAIMER** No disrespect meant to other people who have waited tables, I myself have - its a way to get by, but nothing to write home about, and thats what she wanted - something to write home about and everyone be bragging and talking about her.

Well, she got the people talking about her...... bragging? Id say not!

:moo:

ITA. I often think the media calls her that because they have to call her something. Why don't they call her a waitress? Either they think that's a slap, which is insulting, or (more likely) calling her a photographer makes a better story. Plus, there's the fact that her camera was a big factor in her being arrested.

Clancy Talbot, the woman who Jodi confronted in the ladies room about she and Travis being an item told Nancy Grace about "Snow White" sleeping under the Christmas tree. The show aired on March 20. Couldn't find a video link for that part of the show, but here's the transcript:

GRACE: Did you observe an incident when Jodi showed up uninvited to Travis Alexander`s home?

TALBOT: Yes. We had an event in Arizona. And I was staying at Travis`s house with about 30 other people. One of my girlfriends and I were staying in his room. He was staying in his office. He told Jodi that there wasn`t room for her, and it was probably about three months after they had met. And they weren`t official. And she showed up there and announced to everyone that was there, about 30 people, that she introduced herself and said she was Travis`s girlfriend. And Travis said in front of everyone, no, she is not my girlfriend, we went on a couple of dates. Because he had another girl there that he was dating. And told her in front of everyone, you know, there is not room for you here. I will see you tomorrow at the event. And she ended up sleeping under his Christmas tree. So, just strange. She actually testified that she slept on the couch there and was holding his hand. And he was in his office. He slept in his office, she slept under the Christmas tree, and Travis wasn`t under the tree with her, so.
Note: They went to a hard break at that point--and Clancy was cut off mid-sentence. When they returned, Nancy moved on to another topic.

BBM

Thanks for the post.

Also, do you remember someone on one of the shows said he introduced Travis to Jodi?

Well, according to Jodi on 48 hours, she was walking down the hall and Travis was going the other direction. He saw this beautiful, gorgeous blond girl (OK I ADDED THIS PART OF LIE) turned around and put his hand out and introduced himself.

Jodi had to make everything look special and fantastic. Just like the cinnabon story. He had one waiting for her when she got back from a trip, with a cinnabon recipe printed on pink paper..... :banghead:

Though it's not the same, I personally have been known to think with my ovaries. I have PMS, which definitely affects my rational thinking and decision-making. Also, when I'm around newborn babies I find myself contemplating whether it's really too late for my husband and I to have another of our own. These get big laughs from my husband every time (not really.)

My own personal opinion, based on nothing, is that the phrase "friends with benefits" came into being as the feminine equivalent of "thinking with the little brain."

I think they had a something real at the beginning. In a TV interview, the Hughes' said that TA was totally enamored with her when they first met - TA told them JA was the one.

What happened next is anyone's guess, but I think most of us have had enough experience with failed relationships to imagine.

I imagine the bloom came off the rose. JA started acting psycho (possessive/controlling). TA started pulling away. JA pretended like she was cool with breaking up - perhaps even initiating it with the idea that he would come running back. The more indifferent TA became, the more JA stalked - the frantic-ness and seething escalated.

Fair enough. I can buy something very short-lived -- but very short-lived.

Absolutely. The only tradeoff being a mate who slashes your tires twice in succession, repeatedly hacks your personal accounts, steals from you, totals your car, shows up to your home unannounced, hides in closets, sleeps in your bed without permission, records an orchestrated sexually graphic phone call without your knowledge, makes calculated attempts to bait you, purposefully lies to you, plus texts, emails and calls you 24/7 like a meth smoking chimpanzee.

All of that in exchange for freaky sex. Seems like a fair trade. She is arguably the most deluded person to ever walk the earth.

yes, and did you notice that she said "when I marry someone...." did you hear Travis say "yes me!" or "who else would you marry?" no he didn't because they were broken up and it was clear they were just having sex.

On the top of the WildAboutTrial livestream page it says court continues 4/23.

I could've sworn they were doing today though. I know they aren't going to be in session 4/22 because of the juror who had a previous engagement, but I was certain today we were in session. :(

At close of court yesterday (Thursday) I distinctly remember Judge Sherry saying trial would reconvene on Tuesday 4/23/13, but the court docs say that we have trial today. Just not updated I suppose. I dunno, but I want to know what's going on if it's a closed hearing. Inquiring minds want to know, dangit! :dunno:

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/19/2013 012 - ME: Trial 4/19/2013

I have always found the camera being left at the scene bafflling to my sense of reasoning. If you have above average intelligence...it would seem above all else you would take it with you and stomp it to pieces to avoid its discovery. I can't buy she would simply misplace it in laundry or be worried its disappearance would point to her specifically, as she already knew she would more than likely be the main suspect. I think there may be something to her wanting or knowing it would only be a matter of time before she got caught which points to her overall psychosis.

I find Janine the "human lie detectors" analysis of some of Jodi's statements to Flores most telling. When Jodi said something like "now why would I ever want to hurt him" Janine stated it is indicative of her harming him, if you discard certain words. I think that could be extended to when she says "I will never be convicted because I am innocent" it really conveys she will be convicted and she is guilty. Her fruedian slip about having a morbid curiousity to see the death photo's goes way beyond the creep factor!

Wild just said the hearing is closed and not televised.

Wild will keep us posted and inform us of the issues.

The whole story was that Travis had about 30 guests with family visiting & staying over, and Jodi showed up unannounced. Travis told her she couldn't stay--there wasn't room. She then decided to SLEEP UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE. And this is BEFORE they started dating!

Omg, unbelievable, can I ask where you heard this information, just curious why I missed it. TIA

Just read from Wild about Trial hearing is closed today but they will bring updates when they find out.

Just for your viewing pleasure:

picture.php

I saw on RadarOnline court will be in session at 11am PDT/2pm EDT

I guess I'll tune in to see if it's being shown to the public? Weird!

I will risk trying to write something semi-intelligent from my phone to note the "beautiful photographer" makes for a better narrative than "drifter waitress".

To be fair, I also get annoyed at the narrative of Travis Alexander being a"motivational speaker". Oh, really? And motivating people to do what? To join and work for a multi-level marketing scheme selling legal services like Amway and time shares, where even a top dog like Gus Searcy didn't have a lawyer.

Like telemarketing boiler rooms outfits like that gravitate to Arizona because of less stringent regulation.

Call Jodi Arias what she was, but also recognize Travis was a cheerleader making his money selling people on selling. Selling dreams of success that's 99% BS.

Its almost a class thing, where tragedy is only tragic when the right sort of people, who meet the aspirations of white collar media types, are involved.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Mission accomplished and kudos for your candor. While Travis's personal story was inspirational on many levels, I agree that "motivational speaker" is a more attractive narrative for media purposes than multi-level marketer.

Omg, unbelievable, can I ask where you heard this information, just curious why I missed it. TIA
Clancy Talbot told the story on Nancy Grace. She's the same woman Jodie confronted in the ladies room.

GRACE: Did you observe an incident when Jodi showed up uninvited to Travis Alexander`s home?

TALBOT: Yes. We had an event in Arizona. And I was staying at Travis`s house with about 30 other people. One of my girlfriends and I were staying in his room. He was staying in his office. He told Jodi that there wasn`t room for her, and it was probably about three months after they had met. And they weren`t official. And she showed up there and announced to everyone that was there, about 30 people, that she introduced herself and said she was Travis`s girlfriend. And Travis said in front of everyone, no, she is not my girlfriend, we went on a couple of dates. Because he had another girl there that he was dating. And told her in front of everyone, you know, there is not room for you here. I will see you tomorrow at the event. And she ended up sleeping under his Christmas tree. So, just strange. She actually testified that she slept on the couch there and was holding his hand. And he was in his office. He slept in his office, she slept under the Christmas tree, and Travis wasn`t under the tree with her...

yes, and did you notice that she said "when I marry someone...." did you hear Travis say "yes me!" or "who else would you marry?" no he didn't because they were broken up and it was clear they were just having sex.

Even the dates JA claimed they were together (~5mos?); it was long distance meaning the majority of their interaction was not face to face. I am guessing JA was starting to annoy him with incessant calls/txts/emails/etc.
Oh and randomly showing up at his house uninvited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039