trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Jodi's mom interview was played on HLN. Very interesting about Jodi can prove she was in Utah, cause she had the gas receipts/food to prove it! If you were wondering why she purchased gas on the way home after the murder in Utah, that's why. Alibi, just like Ryan Burns was alibi. I hoping Juan works this in, somehow. I don't think he will show all the tape or not. Jodi's mom said people were calling in the middle of the night, saying she needed help and mom said she had mental problems.

Of course, Jodi denied to mom she was in AZ or she purchased gas in cans or purchased gas by cash before AZ, forgot to toss those receipts. Cops found all. Gas station

Juan, imho, after sleuths contacted that company to inquire if they stayed open all night or just gas purchase during night hours.

Yes, Jodi made sure she mentioned the gas receipts to her mom.

To Detective Flores, Jodi made sure she told him about her journals and wanted him to get them. You know, the journals she wrote AFTER SHE KILLED TRAVIS but dated them months earlier.

She is a crafty one... :furious:

No, Jodi's mom interview was played on HLN. Very interesting about Jodi can prove she was in Utah, cause she had the gas receipts/food to prove it! If you were wondering why she purchased gas on the way home after the murder in Utah, that's why. Alibi, just like Ryan Burns was alibi. I hoping Juan works this in, somehow. I don't think he will show all the tape or not. Jodi's mom said people were calling in the middle of the night, saying she needed help and mom said she had mental problems.

Of course, Jodi denied to mom she was in AZ or she purchased gas in cans or purchased gas by cash before AZ, forgot to toss those receipts. Cops found all. Gas station contacted Juan, imho, after sleuths contacted that company to inquire if they stayed open all night or just gas purchase during night hours.

Thank you!
No court today or Monday the reason being?

Holy carp! to the restaurant rage! That one lady that calls in NG, I've heard her tell how Jodi wouldn't come in from her car till she got Travis on the phone and would drive at 11pm from CA to AZ to check up on him when she worked the next day. That is stalking....very, very obsessed and insecure at the very least.

There are a great many defense lawyers out there who, every day show up at court and try their cases with honesty, dignity and ethics. They deserve a standing ovation!

Unfortunately, there are other defense lawyers who have no dignity, questionable tactics and who are all about the 'drama and win' instead of doing the job to the best of their ability with what they have to work with.

This also pertains to prosecution lawyers as well.

As in every profession, you get to chose which type you would like to have represent you. I guess it depends on exactly WHAT you are looking for.
One case that sticks with me in terms of professional, ethical defense counsel is the Kathleen Hilton murder and arson trial (Lawrence, MA, 2009) led by
lead attorney Michael Natola and co-counsel Gary Zerola. While I have the utmost compassion for the family and those who died in the fire, I really believed the jury verdict (not guilty) was the right one.

I have always found the camera being left at the scene bafflling to my sense of reasoning. If you have above average intelligence...it would seem above all else you would take it with you and stomp it to pieces to avoid its discovery. I can't buy she would simply misplace it in laundry or be worried its disappearance would point to her specifically, as she already knew she would more than likely be the main suspect. I think there may be something to her wanting or knowing it would only be a matter of time before she got caught which points to her overall psychosis.

I find Janine the "human lie detectors" analysis of some of Jodi's statements to Flores most telling. When Jodi said something like "now why would I ever want to hurt him" Janine stated it is indicative of her harming him, if you discard certain words. I think that could be extended to when she says "I will never be convicted because I am innocent" it really conveys she will be convicted and she is guilty. Her fruedian slip about having a morbid curiousity to see the death photo's goes way beyond the creep factor!

This KILLER is like TED BUNDY- I read a book about him and he would PURPOSEFULLY go back to the crime scene and relive the experience. Jodi has done the same thing in the first detective interviews, on day 3 looking at pictures DR H presented and other times. She asked to go back to the house too!! Plus just like Ted she wants to relive it over and over again.She is proud of her work and would most likely do this again. Wish the Jury had asked Dr. D if she thought KILLER would DO THIS AGAIN IF OUT OF PRISON!!!

the wounds on Travis's feet, could this be from him being down and kicking at the knife ? are these bruises or slashes? what caused his feet wounds?

I don't understand why anyone is afraid that JA will be released back into society. She isn't going anywhere but prison and for at least the next few decades at a minimum. That's the minimum, folks--that's if the jury convicts her of something less than first degree murder.

Most likely she'll be in prison for the rest of her life. She is not a danger to any of us. She is not a danger to anyone's children nor grandchildren. She is going nowhere without handcuffs on her wrists and chains around her feet.

The fearmongering must be some form of entertainment akin to telling ghost stories around a campfire because there's nothing to it but imagination and fantasy that this one woman in AZ is going to be coming to "git you." :floorlaugh:

:seeya: Anybody find any update on today's unexpected Hearing ?

I looked and don't see anything ... maybe someone will have better luck ... lol !

I thought I saw it was a 'status' hearing. Status meaning 'where are we going from here'?

I take the term "expert" seriously, so i would only say that I have a wide range of experience with mashugana behavior, personally and professionally.

And, um, since there is no license specifically for mashugana, then you are saying you are not a licensed mashugana expert?

The defense is trying to say that because she has PTSD she can't remember anything after the shooting and that the shooting came first. They are saying that since she can't remember the stabbing and more horrific aspects of the crime she shouldn't get the death penalty. But more importantly to them, they are using the Domestic Violence aspect to claim self defense and no guilt on her part.

The borderline personality dx as per the prosecution shows that she had personality issues that would make her capable of committing this crime in a premeditated fashion. MOO

:goodpost:

The PTSD diagnosis from the good Dr. Samuels is nothing more than a pile of factory produced bs to justify the unbelievable overkill. What was done to TA is so outrageous that the DT had no choice but to offer up a hodgepodge of fog/transient global amnesia, otherwise they'd be **** out of luck to explain the wounds.

The BWS angle coupled with allegations of pedophilia is even worse. That's more hokum designed to impart the jury with a "throw away" justification for killing TA. Paint the murder victim as a partner beating, child predator and hope someone will see that he had it coming. Disgusting and despicable beyond reason.

BPD isn't relevant in and of itself. It matters only so much as to invalidate the PTSD.

I'm with you. She thought they were deleted. Weren't some pictures still on there? The ones of Travis in the shower maybe? I remember hearing some were deleted, some not. The ones of her were, I think.
It wasn't that she forgot to delete them. The pictures that exist from June 4 were those that the police were able to recover via sophisticated forensic techniques. It was mentioned during testimony that the sex video she claimed they shot was not recovered. The investigator said video is much more difficult to recover than photos.

All the talking heads are making comments that make it sound as if it's either PTSD or BPD, why?

I just don't understand why it would be important if Jodi has PTSD as RS claimed it was caused by the HORROR OF MURDERING TRAVIS, not Travis attacking her. Or am I confused and not remembering correctly? Regardless what does it matter if she has PTSD from that day at all, it doesn't change the fact that she killed him. PTSD is just the result from a terrible experience and would be something she suffers post June 4th, 2008. I actually would be happy to know she is somehow haunted by that day, I don't think she is though.

So why would her having PTSD even be relevant? And why are they arguing whether she has PTSD vs BPD. When I heard Dr. D talk about her BPD I thought it hit the nail on the head, I also think it explains why she would premeditate and slaughter Travis.
On the other hand, AGAIN what relevance does her having PTSD have regarding this trial?

It is only relevant so far as the DT has attempted to make it relevant. They cannot deny she killed him, they cannot deny the level of overkill. Since those facts do not line up nicely with the alleged DV/self defense tactic. PTSD is introduced by Defense to explain the fog, oh the dread fog.

It is all tactic in effort t save the creature's life.

Once DT muddies the water trying to garner sympathy for their client. Prosecution has little choice but to try to refute it so the trial can return to its real reason for being. The cold blooded, premeditated murder of Travis Alexander.

High-end cameras rarely come with any accessories. I buy camera bodies and lenses separately, and all peripherals as well. I've looked a bit to find what camera model TA had but I can't find it easily. Anyone know?

I found this info on the Sequence of Events #2 Thread. Page 32 #785. Hope this is what you need.

Added: Some notes about the Sony DSC-H9

Holy carp! to the restaurant rage! That one lady that calls in NG, I've heard her tell how Jodi wouldn't come in from her car till she got Travis on the phone and would drive at 11pm from CA to AZ to check up on him when she worked the next day. That is stalking....very, very obsessed and insecure at the very least.

BBM

Whoa. I wonder if those trips were before she moved to Mesa or after she left? There was a month (July 07) before she moved to Mesa where she knew Travis was seriously dating Lisa, so it could have been then. Ditto when she moved away and knew Travis was seriously interested in Mimi. It makes me wonder how much she actually worked, especially while she lived in Mesa and was consumed with knowing where and with whom Travis was 24/7.

:seeya: I think this is a very good possibility ...

Jodi is a "manipulative sneak" and I would NOT be surprised IF she stole the ring -- using it to "play games" with Travis ...

Oh, was the ring ever found ? Could she have "pawned" it ?

:moo:

My guess is she went all Golum on it. We will have to wait for some Hobbit to find that ring. MOO

:seeya: Unfortunately, we don't know why Judge called a Hearing for today ... it was scheduled to be in chambers ...

But JMO, I think ALV is over, and they settled that on Monday ...

But then again, no telling with this "circus" ...

:moo:

It was listed as a status hearing. That generally is a meeting of lawyers and judge to try to figure out remaining length of trial, trial dates, etc.

Hi Imkage,

I am going to go on the theory that the DT had little choice. The only way they could save her a-- was self-defense because she was a battered women and she just snapped and defended herself with everything she had. The PTSD was their way of not having her testify to the gruesome events surrounding his death. They did not want her anywhere near an explanation and description of how she slaughtered Travis. The pictures are bad enough.

Say what you will about the Defense Team, but they had "nothin honey" to work with.Especially with her giving the first 2 of 3 stories.

a) EH, I wasn't there--I know NOTIIIIING!
b) Eh, It was the Ninjas (yea that's it, the Ninja's)
c) Eh, Oh now I remember , I'm so silly, it WAS me.

The defense team was lucky they found a Samuels and La Violette to testify for the defense. I think these two knew they were retiring after this case.:moo:

Ahhhh...thanks...makes sense. They need it so that she can fake not remembering the rest of the murder. I hope those memories haunt her forever!!

BBM

I heard that she slept under the tree when Travis told her there was no room for her to stay there.

Jodi was shocked because in her world she was NOT hiding behind the Christmas tree.........she was sleeping under it.

:floorlaugh:

How embarrassing for her to do that...plus...I am sure she didn't look too desperate j/k.....:floorlaugh:

I have always found the camera being left at the scene bafflling to my sense of reasoning. If you have above average intelligence...it would seem above all else you would take it with you and stomp it to pieces to avoid its discovery. I can't buy she would simply misplace it in laundry or be worried its disappearance would point to her specifically, as she already knew she would more than likely be the main suspect. I think there may be something to her wanting or knowing it would only be a matter of time before she got caught which points to her overall psychosis.

I truly think she thought taking the camera would make her a suspect. As for why she put it in the wash....Don't forget, high intelligence doesn't mean the person has common sense and after getting to see so much of her over these months, I have a firm belief that she lacks common sense.
She says she's a photographer but that doesn't mean she knew a camera put threw a wash cycle wouldn't destroy the evidence. She was most likely not thinking clear enough to think of just removing the memory card.

Before this case I would have assumed a camera put threw the wash would destroy everything, especially after deleting the pics. I think she thought the same.:moo:

I have been thinking about the tiger vs bear context..

I think they wanted to see what her answer would be. I don't think it is good for the defense. I think the point that the good doctor made is that every different event would have a different response. That if I got bit by a snake, My PTSD would be based on snakes issues. If it was a bear it would be bear issues..
That Samuels eval. is based on a LIE, And it has no basis in fact, Then she would have no one to fear and no one to cause the PTSD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member