trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talking heads are making comments that make it sound as if it's either PTSD or BPD, why?

I just don't understand why it would be important if Jodi has PTSD as RS claimed it was caused by the HORROR OF MURDERING TRAVIS, not Travis attacking her. Or am I confused and not remembering correctly? Regardless what does it matter if she has PTSD from that day at all, it doesn't change the fact that she killed him. PTSD is just the result from a terrible experience and would be something she suffers post June 4th, 2008. I actually would be happy to know she is somehow haunted by that day, I don't think she is though.

So why would her having PTSD even be relevant? And why are they arguing whether she has PTSD vs BPD. When I heard Dr. D talk about her BPD I thought it hit the nail on the head, I also think it explains why she would premeditate and slaughter Travis.
On the other hand, AGAIN what relevance does her having PTSD have regarding this trial?

beldon--
9. Two co-workers that witnessed her tantrum over nothing at work Please---what happened at work? tia!

I posted this earlier. One of her coworker was speaking about an issue on HLN. Maybe this is the same tantrum?

------------------------------------------

I don't know the dates but I remember a co-worker that worked at the same place Jodi and DB worked said they dated while he WAS her supervisor. I think for business purposes, DB and Jodi both lied to make it look more appropriate.

I also remember reading a co-worker said something happened at the restaurant and Jodi went into the bathroom and screamed loudly. Then walked out acting like nothing happened. Jodi did not realize there were people on the other side of the bathroom wall and she was embarrassed. They found a hole in the wall in the bathroom and she admitted doing it.

uh huh.....seething impulsive rage

Was that yesterday? I have been ill on bed rest! Dosing off and on!
Thank you in advance.:seeya:

No, Jodi's mom interview was played on HLN. Very interesting about Jodi can prove she was in Utah, cause she had the gas receipts/food to prove it! If you were wondering why she purchased gas on the way home after the murder in Utah, that's why. Alibi, just like Ryan Burns was alibi. I hoping Juan works this in, somehow. I don't think he will show all the tape or not. Jodi's mom said people were calling in the middle of the night, saying she needed help and mom said she had mental problems.

Of course, Jodi denied to mom she was in AZ or she purchased gas in cans or purchased gas by cash before AZ, forgot to toss those receipts. Cops found all. Gas station contacted Juan, imho, after sleuths contacted that company to inquire if they stayed open all night or just gas purchase during night hours.

:seeya: No, it is in chambers ...

HTH !

I hope JS has realized there needs to be some changes or more and more jurors will find themselves "sick" and unable to continue. I hope she's giving a tour of the new "migraine" room w/video hookup, reminding JW of all the law lessons she's received in the numerous sidebars, and lists all the prior DT shenanigans up with which she will no longer put.

The trial with the most ethical/professional participants imo - police, defense, prosecutor - was the Dr. Dirk Greineder case

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...e-wellseley/eNir91Tqy9B2NXHLWddVEM/story.html

There are a great many defense lawyers out there who, every day show up at court and try their cases with honesty, dignity and ethics. They deserve a standing ovation!

Unfortunately, there are other defense lawyers who have no dignity, questionable tactics and who are all about the 'drama and win' instead of doing the job to the best of their ability with what they have to work with.

This also pertains to prosecution lawyers as well.

As in every profession, you get to chose which type you would like to have represent you. I guess it depends on exactly WHAT you are looking for.

Does anybody know if the Walmart/Tesoro employees would be the rebuttal witnesses? I am sure the defense will try every mean to preclude them but does the defense have a legal reason for that? I am a bit concerned about it and really hope to see them testify to JA's web of lies.
The Walmart evidence reminds of the CA trial when the State brought in Cindy Anthony's time card records from her former employer.

Some camera packages include a very small memory card (minimal storage) that wouldn't meet the needs of a serious picture taker (amateur or otherwise).

High-end cameras rarely come with any accessories. I buy camera bodies and lenses separately, and all peripherals as well. I've looked a bit to find what camera model TA had but I can't find it easily. Anyone know?

High-end cameras rarely come with any accessories. I buy camera bodies and lenses separately, and all peripherals as well. I've looked a bit to find what camera model TA had but I can't find it easily. Anyone know?

It was a Sony, I forget the actual model number but I have the same one. The memory card was sold seperately.

If a juror were to allow something that petty to affect their decision in a case of this magnitude, I would think that incident would be the least of our worries.

Jodie was so jealous of Clancy! Could it. ,Because of her obvious beauty and natural blonde hair.
Travis had a lot of female friends, he was a people person
he loved life to bad he couldn't live it to its fullest. We have Jodie's word that Clancy was drunk and than we have a story Jodie told, she claimed they TA and. Clancy were flirting. So she runs to the bathroom raised her feet so no one knew she was in there crying. (According to Jodie )
But Clancy told a different more truthful account.

WilMOTT's attitude during cross of Dr. D was so over the top , she was so condescending rude and catty. I am shaking my head, thinking, wow, wilmott really believes she can win this? How can she face the Alexander family? how can she not resent JA? they seem like friends!! her basis of her defense is BWS and she shamelessly defends JA even though she can't believe a word JA says? watching Wilmott in action really digusts me to a degree beyond the sad fact that that defense attorney's are scumbags who will do anything for a verdict

Just arrived.......is this hearing about ALV ?? (sorry, if this has been asked before)

:seeya: Unfortunately, we don't know why Judge called a Hearing for today ... it was scheduled to be in chambers ...

But JMO, I think ALV is over, and they settled that on Monday ...

But then again, no telling with this "circus" ...

:moo:

All the talking heads are making comments that make it sound as if it's either PTSD or BPD, why?

I just don't understand why it would be important if Jodi has PTSD as RS claimed it was caused by the HORROR OF MURDERING TRAVIS, not Travis attacking her. Or am I confused and not remembering correctly? Regardless what does it matter if she has PTSD from that day at all, it doesn't change the fact that she killed him. PTSD is just the result from a terrible experience and would be something she suffers post June 4th, 2008. I actually would be happy to know she is somehow haunted by that day, I don't think she is though.

So why would her having PTSD even be relevant? And why are they arguing whether she has PTSD vs BPD. When I heard Dr. D talk about her BPD I thought it hit the nail on the head, I also think it explains why she would premeditate and slaughter Travis.
On the other hand, AGAIN what relevance does her having PTSD have regarding this trial?

The defense is trying to say that because she has PTSD she can't remember anything after the shooting and that the shooting came first. They are saying that since she can't remember the stabbing and more horrific aspects of the crime she shouldn't get the death penalty. But more importantly to them, they are using the Domestic Violence aspect to claim self defense and no guilt on her part.

The borderline personality dx as per the prosecution shows that she had personality issues that would make her capable of committing this crime in a premeditated fashion. MOO

Because it was his. It could have come with it and if it was missing they would be looking for it and would connect that to her. She thought she erased it. I think it shows just how she was NOT a real photographer. I would think if I erased them then washed the whole darn thing it would be gone for good. Corrupted. How many times have we done this by accident and mourned the loss of the pictures.

I don't think she forgot a thing. She planned this whole thing.. Takes the knife and gun, washes the sheets, knows that washing a camera will destroy it.. She deletes the pictures thinking that and washing the camera are enough...

She did really good clean up considering the fog.... ;)

I'm with you. She thought they were deleted. Weren't some pictures still on there? The ones of Travis in the shower maybe? I remember hearing some were deleted, some not. The ones of her were, I think.

beldon--
9. Two co-workers that witnessed her tantrum over nothing at work Please---what happened at work? tia!

Co-worker said Jodi asked someone to switch shifts with her, and when refused she went in the bathroom, screamed, and knocked a hole in the wall.

The Walmart evidence reminds of the CA trial when the State brought in Cindy Anthony's time card records from her former employer.
Thanks for your response! I did not watch the CA trial and know little about it. So are you saying that it's very likely they will be subpenaed?

:seeya: Anybody find any update on today's unexpected Hearing ?

I looked and don't see anything ... maybe someone will have better luck ... lol !

Thanks for your response! I did not watch the CA trial and know little about it. So are you saying that it's very likely they will be subpenaed?

:seeya: IIRC, Wal-Mart and the Gas Station [can't remember the name] were added to Mr. Martinez's Rebuttal list ...

HTH !

I really dislike generalizing based on gender. I know a lot more about cameras than laundry and I'm a chick. I would have known how to make those photos gone for good, but I wouldn't have thought to use the washer. Clean for me is when I can pick it up off the floor and it doesn't smell bad :blushing:

We need a study comparing 200 murderers who accidentally take pictures of the crime, 100 women:100 men.
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members