trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's as smart as she thinks she is. There's no such thing as a perfect crime, and even well-organized perpetrators do forget things/can't think of everything (see Leopold and Loeb). But taking a memory card out of a camera doesn't seem to be a big deal, especially for someone familiar with cameras.

Your right even LE like drew Peterson (who) was familiar with crime scenes! look where he sits to this day.many, many other law enforcements officers have committed murders, they too thought they could out smart their very own LE.

So your right! There is no perfect crime .

I haven't watched JW's cross examination of the Medical Examiner. Is It worth watching?

I think (personally) that she reformatted the card - which deletes everything on a SD card. I believe that's her 'superior camera-taking intelligence' working. When she talks about the camera aspects, she's clearly hiding a secret that no one has discovered. All of her behavioral 'tells' indicate glee.

(I am an investigator by profession, besides all of the courses I've taken - after years of interrogation experience, it is second nature to be able to read responses and behavioral indicators of deception and hot-spots).

My thoughts exactly but you explained it much better than I could. An important thing to remember is that this was the FIRST time Jodi had murdered another human.

Experts on serial killers point out that the killer is usually sloppy the first time or so BUT as they continue to kill serial killers become very good at covering their tracks.

And, there is no doubt in my mind that given the chance Jodi will kill again if she is released back into society. Travis was her first kill bc he was the FIRST one to challenge/confront/threaten Jodi. I truly believe that when Travis sent that last text msg calling her out and threatened to expose Jodi his fate was sealed.

My thoughts exactly but you explained it much better than I could. An important thing to remember is that this was the FIRST time Jodi had murdered another human.

Experts on serial killers point out that the killer is usually sloppy the first time or so BUT as they continue to kill serial killers become very good at covering their tracks.

And, there is no doubt in my mind that given the chance Jodi will kill again if she is released back into society. Travis was her first kill bc he was the FIRST one to challenge/confront/threaten Jodi. I truly believe that when Travis sent that last text msg calling her out and threatened to expose Jodi his fate was sealed.

Isn't that scary.. If this was her first, What would the next look like?? ;)

Rebuttal witness wish list:

1. Chris/Sky Hughes
2. Travis' gun enthusiast friend
3. Clancy
4. Matt McCartney

Agree/disagree? I am willing to defend these choices!

I would love to see every one of these, along with

5. Jailer that caught her trying to smuggle messages
6. Skye's friend that was at Skye's house demanding to know why they don't like her
7. Travis' friend (name?) that, with his wife, was talking to him about her, and she was listening outside the door.
8. Female friend that told the story about the Christmas tree ("announced" she was his girlfriend)
9. Two co-workers that witnessed her tantrum over nothing at work
10. The Bishop - I know, confidentiality, but he should be able to testify to something he did not say without revealing anything she said, I'd want to clear up that bald faced lie if i were him (that he shared personal information about TA and mimi with JA)
11. Co-worker that talked about how frantic she would be to get off work and drive hours to check up on him.

Maybes: Rachel, Zion (invited herself on a trip with him and 2 others), any of the other friends that can tell instances of her odd behavior

I trust JM has reasons not to call these people, whether legal or strategic, but I just really wish the jury could know more.

DREAM testimony: I'd love if that computer expert coming could somehow connect the mail that was sent to Lisa to JA's pc/ip.

Happy-Birthday-Chocolate-Cake.jpg

Happy Birthday Sleuth5! :woohoo: As another poster said... That cake makes me hungry, but thank goodness i bought myself a Marble Pound cake at the grocery store last night. :)

Hi, all! :seeya:

I've been obsessed with the Boston bombing suspect chase so I haven't been here all day. Have I missed anything important?

:seeya: I was wondering where everyone was today -- so many other things going on !

Your right even for drew Peterson who was familiar with crime scenes! He didn't get away with his crime amongst other law enforcement thought the hears that have committed various crimes. You'd think they would be smarter as they were familiar with crime scenes.

Yes. People commit premeditated murders everyday while leaving behind evidence and basically doing silly things.

JA isn't smart. Not by a long short. She can't even pretend to act like a human being in court with the jury present. Can one get dum$er than that?

Seems to me if she took the memory card out of the camera, it might point to someone who knew Travis. Why would a random murderer need the memory card from a new camera. She threw it in there with the wash to make it seem like someone just threw all evidence in the washer to be wiped clean.

I think she honestly thought the water and bleach would destroy that mem card.The average person would not be able to retrieve those pictures. It took a special forensics lab to pull off those pictures .

Frankly the fact that evidence was put in the washer to be cleaned ,IMO, points to a women. Cannot see a man ever doing that. He would take everything with him, don't you think?

When you purchase a camera, you usually have to buy a memory card separately. So the memory card would not be "missing" from the camera. Most cameras contain very little internal storage. Does anyone know the specs of this particular camera?

I don't think she would have taken the camera with her, b/c it was Travis'. She took the gun, and the knife--because she brought those to the scene. So, throwing said camera in the washer seems like a good choice to wash it clean of any evidence. However--deleting the photos, rather than just removing the memory card, seems like an arduous process and I just can't reconcile that.

I think (personally) that she reformatted the card - which deletes everything on a SD card. I believe that's her 'superior camera-taking intelligence' working. When she talks about the camera aspects, she's clearly hiding a secret that no one has discovered. All of her behavioral 'tells' indicate glee.

(I am an investigator by profession, besides all of the courses I've taken - after years of interrogation experience, it is second nature to be able to read responses and behavioral indicators of deception and hot-spots).

IMO, she took care of the photos, then set the camera down on Travis clothes (probably the ones he took off to get in the shower), then used the towel and set it on top of the clothes, forgot the camera was there, scooped up the load and hauled downstairs to washer in rush to get out of the there. Either forgot about camera or couldn't find it before she left.

I kind of just skimmed over the last 20 some odd pages of this thread this morning after shutting it down yesterday........many of us, myself included, got sidetracked into areas that really don't have any substantial value to this case, although they are interesting, to say the least, trying to connect the dots!
We have the prosecution's case in chief, which proved method, motive and opportunity. Have the defense's case in chief, the client did it but should be excused from most of the responsibility because she really didn't plan on going there, she really didn't plan on killing him, it was self defense, she has PTSD from DV w/ a touch of fog and here's why...witness, witness, witness.
Prosecution's rebuttal has to disprove the defendant's case, get rid of the smog and mirrors. Demarte had to prove that JA did not suffer from PTSD, DV, or have a hippopotamus sitting on her memory (ok, so that's how serious I took Samuel's testimony). Demarte did not have to elaborate on a more conclusive psychiatric illness, she just had to disqualify the defense's diagnosis with their own psychiatric and historic evidence. No PTSD, DV, or fog. We can get back on track with Method/Motive....
Walmart and Tesero (sp?) will get in the gas can and fuel. The trip was PLANNED. Opportunity
The Cancun PPL? I'm leaning heavily on Motive
I don't know about other witnesses at this point because who really knows who's on the list but the Judge. Prosecution, and Defense. As far as I know, there is no Public Record as of yet.......
So it comes down to the burden of proof by the Prosecution. Martinez has to disprove PTSD/DV/Fog, but he doesn't have to specifically diagnose JA with a Mental Illness. BPD is just the tip of the iceberg for JA and if psychiatric professionals and/or Profilers want to dig deeper, they'll have their chance when this trial is over. What JM was doing was showing bias, invalid testing, and general unethical behavior by "self professed" experts/evaluaters. It is in no way to be construed that people with the diagnosis of BPD are potential JA's running amuck in society.
We can delve into all the "teasers", TH's, and "Best Friend/Acquaintances" surrounding this horrific crime, but the point for the Prosecution is "Keep it Simple". I think the jury has a pretty good handle on the situation. I believe that we, being privy to things beyond the jury, probably have cast doubt in our own minds, from time to time, because we ARE looking at things "Beyond the Scope".
So.....just putting my opinion out there. I think yesterday was another great day for the prosecution.
OT: A teaser for "Steely Dan".....:rocker:
steely-dan.jpg

Seems to me if she took the memory card out of the camera, it might point to someone who knew Travis. Why would a random murderer need the memory card from a new camera. She threw it in there with the wash to make it seem like someone just threw all evidence in the washer to be wiped clean.

I think she honestly thought the water and bleach would destroy that mem card.The average person would not be able to retrieve those pictures. It took a special forensics lab to pull off those pictures .

Frankly the fact that evidence was put in the washer to be cleaned ,IMO, points to a women. Cannot see a man ever doing that. He would take everything with him, don't you think?
I'm with you in terms of the decision to put the camera in the washer. Don't necessarily think a guy would take the camera with him more than a woman would. Depends on the criminal! In Jodi's case, taking the camera would have been a huge red flag, so attempting to destroy it by throwing it in the washer probably seemed like the better option. Again, no one said she planned the perfect crime. When Det. Flores first confronted her with the camera and photo evidence--and she was still denying that she had been at Travis's--in fact she threw it out there that the memory card could have been one that she had left at his place from an earlier time.

It wouldn't take the investigators very long to find a record of the camera purchase since it had been recent. Also interesting, both Jodi and the roommate Zach Billings took credit (not disparaging Zach) for helping Travis decide on which camera to buy before the Cancun trip. Zach also said in an interview that on the few occasions he spoke with Jodi (he moved in January 2008), he and Jodi discussed their mutual interest in photography.

By the way, I don't believe that rope was involved in their June 4 sexual encounters. She fabricated the rope story to justify the availability of the knife in the master bedroom. No evidence of rope in any of the pictures. Jodi brought the gun and the knife to Travis's and she took them with her when she left.

I hope that Juan plays the portion of Jodi's Mom where she states she asked (omg) if Jodi went to AZ, when it was found Travis was murdered. Jodi then tells mom that she has the gas receipts proving she went to Utah. That's why she refilled the Cheap gas in SLC...gas cans on a credit card to bring home. Alibi.

Silly Jodi forgot to destroy the cash receipts for the gas for cans/car fills... premeditation no gas purchases in AZ, like she turned off her cell phone while in AZ.

Clancy admitted to being a bit intoxicated during that confrontation with JA. I worry that she may be in trouble if there are any tea totaler types on the jury. It's a risk. If there is alcohol involved....gives me a bad feeling for cross exam.

MM would worry me because he just can't be trusted. I don't know, maybe I'm as crusty as a crab on this one. He just seems like a liability.

BBM

I saw Clancy this week on one of the HLN shows and she said Jodi confronted her in the bathroom the day after this event.

Personally, I would not think a juror who does not drink would have a problem with someone who drinks. Small women tend to get more tipsy when they drink than larger people.

:rocker:

Is there ANY inside information or really strong "indication of" how the Defense feels about their client Jodi?

Not just "us" saying I bet they can't wait to get rid of her :)

But any real info even a source close to them blah blah even if it's rumor.
Not for anything other than my curiosity. I am wondering if they just love this girl and Willmott thinks of her as a battered little sister and she hates Travis? Or is Willmott playing a role...

Awesome question! Because Jenny is either a way better actress than she is attorney, or she's drinking Jodi's Kool Aid.

I'd prefer to think of her as an actress, and that she's working so hard to prevent any appellate issues. Rather than, she really enjoys trashing Travis Alexander, the continued victim in all this.

But that smile she had on her face yesterday when she repeatedly asked Dr. DeMarte if the reason she couldn't get more information from Travis because he was no longer living, that was major inappropriate. I don't know what to make of that...

JA isn't smart. Not by a long short. She can't even pretend to act like a human being in court with the jury present. Can one get dum$er than that?
\\
Ohhhh you don't think JA wearing her glasses on the tip of her nose, copying the hair style of the witness or trying to morph into JW II counts? :facepalm:

At close of court yesterday (Thursday) I distinctly remember Judge Sherry saying trial would reconvene on Tuesday 4/23/13, but the court docs say that we have trial today. Just not updated I suppose. I dunno, but I want to know what's going on if it's a closed hearing. Inquiring minds want to know, dangit! :dunno:

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/19/2013 012 - ME: Trial 4/19/2013

4/19/2013 10:00 Status Conference
4/23/2013 9:30 Trial
4/24/2013 9:30 Trial
4/25/2013 9:30 Trial

from this link: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

all the way down to the bottom part of the page

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.