trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes.. the last 2 cameras I bought came with one.. But still. He would have purchased one for the camera at the same time.. It would still have been missing when they checked purchases.

True...the memory card would not be with the camera when police investigated, but they would have no way of proving JA took the memory card. TA could have lost it, been using it in a USB stick, etc.

Also, it's logical that TA would have purchased the memory card at the same time, but not necessarily. He could have gone elsewhere or online to get the best deal on one... They tend to be overpriced in stores.

One case that sticks with me in terms of professional, ethical defense counsel is the Kathleen Hilton murder and arson trial (Lawrence, MA, 2009) led by
lead attorney Michael Natola and co-counsel Gary Zerola. While I have the utmost compassion for the family and those who died in the fire, I really believed the jury verdict (not guilty) was the right one.

I never followed that trial, GoAskAllie. I am glad you got to watch a good defense team work.

I really do admire good lawyers, prosecution or defense. Win the case or lose it really doesn't matter to me, as far as admiring and respecting the lawyer.

Was just thinking the longer this trial continues, the longer not just Travis's family and friends have to wait for justice but other people with other tragic stories also have to wait, until JSS and JM have time to help them. Of course I know JM has people helping him and there other judges but there has to be other families also in limbo land now just waiting for their cases to finally begin trial. So tonight my thoughts and prayers are with all those 'other' families who remain in limbo land waiting for progress and to get justice in their own heart-breaking stories.

Yes, I believe she was stalking Matt after they had broken up.

There's an obvious overlap of time where JA confronted Bianca and left Oregon in the autumn, while she states she developed her crush on Brewer in the summer. I just typed it like she said it.

Wilmott is permanently on my fecal roster for playing games with Dr. DeMarte on the dates in this stupid, most likely fictional boyfriend timeline "evidence."

"Fecal roster" hehehe, I like what you did there. I'm gonna have to steal that for future use. Might keep me from time-outs. :D

:goodpost:

The PTSD diagnosis from the good Dr. Samuels is nothing more than a pile of factory produced bs to justify the unbelievable overkill. What was done to TA is so outrageous that the DT had no choice but to offer up a hodgepodge of fog/transient global amnesia, otherwise they'd be **** out of luck to explain the wounds.

The BWS angle coupled with allegations of pedophilia is even worse. That's more hokum designed to impart the jury with a "throw away" justification for killing TA. Paint the murder victim as a partner beating, child predator and hope someone will see that he had it coming. Disgusting and despicable beyond reason.

BPD isn't relevant in and of itself. It matters only so much as to invalidate the PTSD.

You are correct on the BPD. I really misspoke. I know that BPD doesn't lead to murder in and of itself. I couldn't believe it when Wilmott put the graph on the overhead that showed the spike in psychopathic deviance. I'm guessing the jury saw it. I wish we could have gone deeper with that but I'm guessing it was either too prejudicial or Juan didn't want any chance of sympathy.

I sure would like a more indepth description of the 7 of 10 spikes.

Hi! Looooong time reader, first time poster here...

I agree that it is scary to know that the Christmas tree story is only one of possibly many creepy stalking incidents that was allowed in. Listening to the way DD started to testify, then the JA (via JW) objection as 'not in evidence', and the way JM brought it back after sidebar for DD to continue, I imagine what happened to be along the lines of - JA knew she wasn't invited to spend the night at TA's and in spite of hinting that she wanted to stay TA didn't ask her so she slipped behind the tree and pretended to have fallen asleep during the party hoping that TA wouldn't wake her to go home. I could see her doing that and then spinning it like she was welcome all along.

I don't understand why anyone is afraid that JA will be released back into society. She isn't going anywhere but prison and for at least the next few decades at a minimum. That's the minimum, folks--that's if the jury convicts her of something less than first degree murder.

Most likely she'll be in prison for the rest of her life. She is not a danger to any of us. She is not a danger to anyone's children nor grandchildren. She is going nowhere without handcuffs on her wrists and chains around her feet.

The fearmongering must be some form of entertainment akin to telling ghost stories around a campfire because there's nothing to it but imagination and fantasy that this one woman in AZ is going to be coming to "git you." :floorlaugh:

Casey Anthony is why.

Finger was bleeding while deleting photos. Camera gets bloody-er. Fingerprints and blood all over camera. Camera gets washed just like sheets and towel which also have her DNA on it.

:drumroll:
Hi! Looooong time reader, first time poster here...

I agree that it is scary to know that the Christmas tree story is only one of possibly many creepy stalking incidents that was allowed in. Listening to the way DD started to testify, then the JA (via JW) objection as 'not in evidence', and the way JM brought it back after sidebar for DD to continue, I imagine what happened to be along the lines of - JA knew she wasn't invited to spend the night at TA's and in spite of hinting that she wanted to stay TA didn't ask her so she slipped behind the tree and pretended to have fallen asleep during the party hoping that TA wouldn't wake her to go home. I could see her doing that and then spinning it like she was welcome all along.

Welcome to the insanity!!!!!!!!

the wounds on Travis's feet, could this be from him being down and kicking at the knife ? are these bruises or slashes? what caused his feet wounds?

The wounds on his feet are consistent with being dragged and his feet hitting the edges of the wall. There are abrasions and contusions to both lower extremities. Abraded lacerations were noted on the feet which are kinda what you get when you skin your knees, HTH

It really sucks when there's no trial. I don't know what to do with myself. I could work, I spose, but naah.
[/B

I SWEAR YOU K. I. L. L. ME!!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(ARE WE SISTERS?)

the wounds on Travis's feet, could this be from him being down and kicking at the knife ? are these bruises or slashes? what caused his feet wounds?

They were blunt force trauma; probably the result of being stomped on.

It was listed as a status hearing. That generally is a meeting of lawyers and judge to try to figure out remaining length of trial, trial dates, etc.

I KNOW what a "status hearing" is ... BUT in this case, IMO, a "status hearing" might NOT mean a thing or actually be this ...

And then on the other hand, no telling IF -- a BIG IF here -- there are shenanigans going on behind the scenes ... JMO and MOO !

This trial has been a MOCKERY of the Judicial System -- all of Jodi's and the DT's shenanigans and lies ... etc ... etc ... etc ...

:moo:

Finger was bleeding while deleting photos. Camera gets bloody-er. Fingerprints and blood all over camera. Camera gets washed just like sheets and towel which also have her DNA on it.

I think she gathered clothes and towel and put camera in there. The sheets were in the dryer.

I'm with you. She thought they were deleted. Weren't some pictures still on there? The ones of Travis in the shower maybe? I remember hearing some were deleted, some not. The ones of her were, I think.

There were pictures TA had taken prior to that day. She deleted only the ones from that day.

I just find it incomprehensible that women today choose to enter into a 'friends with benefits' situation with any man. To me, it is choosing to be devalued as a woman. You are nothing more to him than an oriface, a sperm bank. Sex is SO intimate, bodies are merged. Why would you enter into that unless it is a love relationship? I just don't get it. Get a vibrator, at least you don't feel used by a vibrator.

The whole point of FWB is BOTH parties knowing they are fully and acceptably using the other for a specific reason: sex.

It's not that intimate outside of a loving relationship; it's actually purely physical, which is why people do it. They only want the physicality of it.

Thanks - in the frenzy of clean-up after the murder, she washed anything that had her DNA on it - which included the camera. She took the gun because it could be traced to her grandparents. She took the knife (MOO) because it could be traced to a restaurant she was associated with. Everything else was cleaned/deleted or disposed of.

Seeing as her family was in the restaurant business for many years. It could have been a professional knife that was brought home from the closed business. My family had a restaurant and we often brought things home simply because they were of better quality.Just another idea:moo:

First time poster but avid lurker especially during Dr. D's testimony. I've been looking everywhere but haven't found out anything for sure. Can someone tell me definitively why Matt M. was not called by either side and also what the outcome of the whole AL hearing that was supposed to happen this week I believe or last week. The Judge ordered her to come back on a Tuesday and I heard nothing since that.

Great discussion everyone; it's a shame that I started posting on a day with no trial; I almost feel like I have nothing to talk about unless the trial is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member