trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiPie
Body language alert: When DR says that Travis never called her names she shakes her head in the affirmative. Not saying this means anything but this a cue to body language experts that her response may not be completely truthful.

Can also mean that she is understanding the question or comment and waiting for her answer....

This was an anomaly in her testimony. She only did it once, so as a one-off I don't think it means much. Maybe she was just trying to be cooperative with the questioning and shaking her head "Yes" as in, "Yes, I am agreeing with you."

Oooh - didn't 'someone' log in to Travis' computer under the user name Deanna Reid several times? Deanna did not use it. That seems important.

Deanna bought the computer. Assuming it's a PC with windows, I think this is how it works: If someone originally set up the operating system using Deanna's name as administrator, or named the PC Deanna, that is persistent. Anyone with more knowledge than me want to say anything else?
ETA: Even if they just named the computer Deanna, and it was never changed, when system info is culled like websites do so they know how to present data to the connecting computer, the computer name appears.
LOL, I know so little about this these days, but seeing her name in the web history of his browser didn't bother me, because I knew the computer came from her, and that her name was probably in the system info somehow.
I'm blathering when trying to explain how all that works, but I know it works something like that.

Jodi writing a list for when she's aquited.

Buy knife
Get gun
Track down this witness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is probably drawing pictures of willmott with some nice marks that show what she will do if she doesn't get up and object or at least a sidebar.
To bad we can't see her brain pattern while someone she hates is on the stand.

Oh wait. Costa Rica?? Isn't that where Jodi claims she went to meet Victor Arias???? Did Jodi lie about that and make up a story? Was there proof she ever visited to Costa Rica?

JA is like a shadow.

She has no life of her own.

She mirrors/mimics/apes/shadows others and pretends that their lives are hers.

She decides when, where, how, why and whose visage she reflects.

And when the threat of control is wrested from her, she dials up murderess mode.

I have a theory! They had nearly an hour in chambers with the Judge this morning. My guess is they were battling out some of these witnesses and what was coming and the judge was shooting down the DT a bit on their possible objections.

If that is the case, it saves Nurmi from jumping up every 2 minutes interrupting Mr Martinez only to be Overruled. Mr Martinez probably knew what path to go down with each person and hit on clean precises issues, good clear answers.

I think this was one of the best mornings we have had. I certainly didn't expect Walmart and Tesoro to really get up there, and then to be SO certain of what can and cannot be done at their stores. AND that gas was what Jodi bought.. NOT donuts like the DT insinuated weeks ago.
Perhaps the judge laid down the law at that status conference last Friday and warned the DT to stop wasting time (more specifically, the jurors time). :twocents:

I have a theory! They had nearly an hour in chambers with the Judge this morning. My guess is they were battling out some of these witnesses and what was coming and the judge was shooting down the DT a bit on their possible objections.

If that is the case, it saves Nurmi from jumping up every 2 minutes interrupting Mr Martinez only to be Overruled. Mr Martinez probably knew what path to go down with each person and hit on clean precises issues, good clear answers.

I think this was one of the best mornings we have had. I certainly didn't expect Walmart and Tesoro to really get up there, and then to be SO certain of what can and cannot be done at their stores. AND that gas was what Jodi bought.. NOT donuts like the DT insinuated weeks ago.
See - this is one of the things that makes me SOOOOO angry. Nurmi KNEW it was gas - not doughnuts. He lied....................for JA.`

Jodi's face looks very MANIC

the lalalalalalalalalalalala in her head is clearly not loud enough

What a beautiful couple. This breaks my heart.

He loved her. In all the pics we've seen of Travis and Jodi, he never, ever looked at Jodi like that.

Deanna is a beautiful person, inside and out. Bless her heart for giving Naps the best life he can have without Travis, his Person. Makes me cry.

Jw seems to believe everything! Jodie tells her.they sit there like buddies passing notes,smirks. Weird for attorney client to act so chummie.
Jodie's going to have serious separation anxiety when she gets sentenced.

The defendant will not even turn her chair toward the witness stand. All eyes on sidebar. Doesn't look as humiliated as last week. This week I see anger tinged with rage. She's doing some deep breathing. The fur on the back of her neck is standing up because Deana is next.

BBM....fur :floorlaugh:

Certain random posts or pics from this case cause me to suddenly get choked up, this is one of them. Thanks for posting.

I am worried that the DT is going to try to claim that the car Jodi was driving could hold more than the 12 gallons that JM has implied it holds. And then claim that extra 5 gallons of gas could have gone in the tank, not in a 3rd gas can. I wish there could be evidence admitted from the auto manufacturer as to the exact capacity of that car, otherwise it seems like the DT has wiggle room regarding the gas, albeit wiggle room that doesn't make a lot of sense, but still wiggle room for that one juror who might be looking for some way out for JA.

How much wiggle room is in a Ford Focus? I don't think there's going to be a problem with the fact that the car had a specific capacity for gas--by year, make & model. She had 3 gas cans--she didn't return it to Walmart, thanks to the testimony today.

Loved the buff Tesoro lady! Did you see Nurmi staring? She's from San Antonio--my old stomping ground. It's fun to watch the men in the courtroom react to attractive women.

Just keep scribbling. I say talk all of her writing instruments away. She'll probably start growling and bear her teeth.

Throughout this trial I have had moments of such anger over the way Travis has been portrayed, the horrific things his family has had to sit through, and the frustrating things about our legal systems. I've also had times of deep compassion for Travis' family.

Today, I started out so excited as Juan produced BAM after BAM.

Then Deana came on. Now I just have such a deep sense of sorrow. Sorrow at what the world lost when JA decided what SHE wanted was more important than Travis' life. I am not putting Travis on a pedestal - No one is perfect and I'm sure he had his faults as we all do. However, he was a person whom all of his friends describe as loving, giving, caring and wanting to help others and do good things. Such a loss for this world, and esp for those who knew and loved him.
When this trial is over, smirky JA will fade into the past while sitting in her small cell but Travis' legacy will live on as those who knew him share the love he so generously shared with them.

I am worried that the DT is going to try to claim that the car Jodi was driving could hold more than the 12 gallons that JM has implied it holds. And then claim that extra 5 gallons of gas could have gone in the tank, not in a 3rd gas can. I wish there could be evidence admitted from the auto manufacturer as to the exact capacity of that car, otherwise it seems like the DT has wiggle room regarding the gas, albeit wiggle room that doesn't make a lot of sense, but still wiggle room for that one juror who might be looking for some way out for JA.

That car she rented holds 14 gallons of gas when tank is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV