trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certain JM could have asked Deanna many questions about Jodi's stalking behavior since Deanna and Travis stayed in touch until the time of his death. I guess the Judge wouldn't allow it. The murderer has more rights than Travis. So sad.

I think JM kept it to a minimum on purpose to limit the DT's scope. :twocents:

I think that gas station only took credit cards at the pump because they were closed at that time. Jodi had to use her debit card and she was busted,

Nope - the third transaction had to be made inside - Cashier 180 is listed right on the receipt. It had to be made inside because the third time a card is swiped it revolves to possible fraud status and the purchaser must go inside to verify they own the card. Per Ms. Tesoro.

Just curious how you know the dog was left to Deanna in his will. I've never heard Travis had a will.

It was widely discussed on these threads that he was very prepared and had a will. It was specific that Napolean be left to her. I'll try to find it for you.....

Jw seems to believe everything! Jodie tells her.they sit there like buddies passing notes,smirks. Weird for attorney client to act so chummie.
Jodie's going to have serious separation anxiety when she gets sentenced.

I really think the "bosom buddy" thing is an act on JW's part to convince the jury that JA is human. IOW, a tactic to keep her client off of death row. moo

AZ is showing the first part of Deanna's testimony that I missed during black out. I didn't know she had gone to Costa Rica? So is this where JA got that Costa Rica idea, from Deanna?

Yep. Remember, she takes on the personality of others, especially the women the men of her obsession had previously loved. I'll bet this is something she tole Travis too.

Hope the jury caught it.

I wish that simply beautiful photo of Travis & Deanna could be displayed in the courtroom next to one of JA & Travis...I can see the differences so clearly. The pic of Deanna & Travis shows how I look at my husband, that never ending, completely pure love; it shines through. Not ONE picture that exists shows Travis looking at JA like that.

JA looked up as soon as Deanna talked about them breaking up because Deanna wanted to get married. JA looked almost amused.

Deanna came across so well. I loved the way she was so emphatic about how non-violet (yes I know I'm making up words too today) Travis was. Watching this again, Deanna also took a few very quick glances at JA when they were talking about fighting.

ETA and then JA's face when they talked about him joking about being a virgin.
And then with talk of Napoleon, a little smile.

Attachments

• jadeanna.gif
    jadeanna.gif
    134.1 KB · Views: 46
  • jastare2.gif
    jastare2.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 28
  • napsmile.gif
    napsmile.gif
    53.6 KB · Views: 30
Body language alert: When DR says that Travis never called her names she shakes her head in the affirmative. Not saying this means anything but this a cue to body language experts that her response may not be completely truthful.

Good catch, but I was busted by my own lawyer for that before we went in front of a judge. Turns out I was thinking my own unstated thoughts like, 'Yes. That is a good point, isn't it? No. No he didn't ever do that.' The unstated part was what looked so confusing, but I was not lying at all.

I think in extraneous detail, lol. There's no telling how long the actual sentence is in my head :D

Deanna bought the computer. Assuming it's a PC with windows, I think this is how it works: If someone originally set up the operating system using Deanna's name as administrator, or named the PC Deanna, that is persistent. Anyone with more knowledge than me want to say anything else?

Yes, it's possible that when she bought him the computer, she might have helped set it up, and if they set up a username for her, it would remain, unless it was changed or removed...buuuuutt....
I'm reasonably sure one of the early witnesses for the state said someone had logged in as Deanna Reid in 2008, and used the computer at least a few times.
Off to go look for that during lunch....

He loved her. In all the pics we've seen of Travis and Jodi, he never, ever looked at Jodi like that.

Deanna is a beautiful person, inside and out. Bless her heart for giving Naps the best life he can have without Travis, his Person. Makes me cry.
BBM and emphasis added - That's for sure. In most of the photos he has a closed-mouth 'grin and bear it' type of smile. I've only seen one or two of him with Jodi where he actually smiles and shows teeth. You can tell he really, really cared for Deanna from that one picture alone.

JA looked up as soon as Deanna talked about them breaking up because Deanna wanted to get married. JA looked almost amused.

Deanna came across so well. I loved the way she was so emphatic about how non-violet (yes I know I'm making up words too today) Travis was.

I caught that self satisfied smug smirk also. She is such a .

So for the sake of argument if the defense gets a sur rebuttal... Will the prosecution get a sur sur rebuttal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throughout this trial I have had moments of such anger over the way Travis has been portrayed, the horrific things his family has had to sit through, and the frustrating things about our legal systems. I've also had times of deep compassion for Travis' family.

Today, I started out so excited as Juan produced BAM after BAM.

Then Deana came on. Now I just have such a deep sense of sorrow. Sorrow at what the world lost when JA decided what SHE wanted was more important than Travis' life. I am not putting Travis on a pedestal - No one is perfect and I'm sure he had his faults as we all do. However, he was a person whom all of his friends describe as loving, giving, caring and wanting to help others and do good things. Such a loss for this world, and esp for those who knew and loved him.
When this trial is over, smirky JA will fade into the past while sitting in her small cell but Travis' legacy will live on as those who knew him share the love he so generously shared with them.

BBM

I felt the same way! There is just something surreal and saddening about her testimony. She truly loved him and he truly loved her. It's hard to put into words. I guess heartbreaking sums it up pretty well. :(

He loved her. In all the pics we've seen of Travis and Jodi, he never, ever looked at Jodi like that.

Deanna is a beautiful person, inside and out. Bless her heart for giving Naps the best life he can have without Travis, his Person. Makes me cry.

Didn't she also give an eulogy at the funeral?

I agree, so true, Travis never looked at Jodi the way he looked at Deanna in that pic. They made such a sweet couple. Deanna seems so level-headed, and not into drama...opposite of Jodi, IMO.

Jodi really paid attention when Deanna mentions eventually wanting to get married.
You can tell this subject is ubber important to Jodi.

I think JM kept it to a minimum on purpose to limit the DT's scope. :twocents:
I bet you are right. However, I will also bet Nurmi won't let a little thing like :tos: keep him from charging in where it's not allowed. :mad:

jodi is gonna dig a hole through the paper...she really hates this chick...hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV