trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like Yale Galenter ... (I'm guessing his parents didn't go to Harvard.... :giggle:

(Why do I watch this show????)

The term "sealed evidence" can refer to two types of evidence. First, it can refer to evidence that is undisclosed or sealed by court order. This type of sealed evidence is not available to the public even though it may be included in court records.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sealed-evidence/

Thanks for answering but I still don't understand how JM will be able to bring it into trial???

Re-testify? Nah...I doubt it...hes said all he needs to say.... (I could listen to him for hours though....oh...wait...I have. :blushing:)

He was subject to recall. He will testify IF the shelving at TA house is allowed. AND possibly on other things that's been dug up on all of JA lies. imo

I have to say, after seeing all the pictures on the internet of TA and his family, birthday parties, all the brothers and sisters together, I can't help thinking they were not as bad as the DT makes them out to be. I mean, my parents were grood providers, which meant they both worked a lot, and after looking at the Alexander family photos, it seemed like there was a lot of love there. I am not even sure my parents took as many photos of us. And in those photos, everyone seems clean and well-cared for.

Maybe Travis kind of zeroed a lot on the bad things, which would kind of help him in his motivational speaking. It kind of pumps people up when you can tell a hard luck story and show how far you have come.

Travis' grandmother took over, so that's probably the pictures you're referring to. His parents were addicted to meth--that's never a good thing. His brother told 48 Hours that at one point, they lived in their aunt's yard under a tarp, so I don't think Travis exaggerated one bit. They were severely neglected, Travis went to school stinky, and all the other things he talked about.

Their wonderful grandmother was the one that intervened and took them in and provided the love and stability and the Mormon faith. They are a beautiful family, that's for sure!

I agree. And I think the only reason she didn't use cash was because she had no cash.

Exactly Zepp. She started the trip with only $280 in cash and she'd been a lot of places & done a lot of things since she left home. Getting her nails done alone ate up a chunk of that cash. We assume she ate along the way & paid for some gas with cash. She bought her gas can & Costco water with cash. I think she was very low on cash for that return trip.

I have to say, after seeing all the pictures on the internet of TA and his family, birthday parties, all the brothers and sisters together, I can't help thinking they were not as bad as the DT makes them out to be. I mean, my parents were grood providers, which meant they both worked a lot, and after looking at the Alexander family photos, it seemed like there was a lot of love there. I am not even sure my parents took as many photos of us. And in those photos, everyone seems clean and well-cared for.

Maybe Travis kind of zeroed a lot on the bad things, which would kind of help him in his motivational speaking. It kind of pumps people up when you can tell a hard luck story and show how far you have come.

All those photos was prob. Taken after they moved in with there grandma,,,a lot diffrent life before grandma

Anyone who grew up in church (any church any religion that I know of) is taught that premarital sex is wrong. That being said, I am willing to bet that 90% of Americans who are in their 20's and not married are having sex of some kind. I knew a Baptist Minister who had a son that got 3 girls pregnant at church camp one summer. It happens people. I am not LDS but I have many friends who are. They are people just like everyone else. The DT tries to portray LDS as folks who by some magical reason are able to veer away from any kind of sin. I bet that is news to my LDS friends. IF they were already God Like they would not need to go to church or to the bishop. I find it astounding that Nurmi carries on as if a man is his mid to late 20's is some kind of monster because he has normal sexual desire. I would be terrified to hear any stories of Nurmi's sexual behavior through out his life. This whole sex thing disgusts me. It has NOTHING to do with the brutal MURDER of Travis Alexander. It was not needed to be talked about in this trial. The sex they did or did not have is not at all related to how/why she killed him. That is what makes me dislike this defense team soo much. I know they had to take what Jodi gave them and make it fit, but they did not have to take it too the level that Nurmi took it to today.

She was intently writing or drawing and acting like she had a term paper to finish. She ignored both Walmart and Tessor witness.

Ignore the truth and it will just go away....

Not.

:snooty:

Jodi lied about keeping the 3rd gas can, so this purchase at SLC Tesoro of 3 gas transaction on her credit card is a HUGE BLOW to the defense.

She didn't pay in cash--she used her credit card and filled the car and 3 gas cans at Tesoro! I'm sure Juan will show the gallon amount purchased--it will show that the tank was filled PLUS 15 gallons.

Nurmi was not awake this afternoon--or else he thinks by just saying "cash purchase" the jury will forget all the previous info. Sorry, Nurmi. Only your client is a moron. Not the jury.

Juan Martinez already did that when she was on the stand, at the end he asked her why she had 3 gas cans in SLC....it was a 'shocker'.....then he used the receipts to prove the amt of gas she bought. He had the Tesoro rep there today to verify it was her card used and it was not used to buy anything but gas.

I am of the belief Arias was attempting to frame Travis by putting salacious or pedophilia photos on his computer but couldn't access it. I believe she was an uninvited guest at Travis' house that day.

In fact I'll go this far, I don't think Travis took those nude photos of Arias. Why? He wasn't the type to 'get off' on watching *advertiser censored* and he certainly wasn't liking Arias at that time. Not after that text message of his.

That whole bed scene (I believe) was a set up. I don't think they had sex. I believe Arias had the gun pointed at him as he awoke. I believe the first time Travis saw her was around 1-2PM. Not 4AM. Because I don't believe he would agree to sleep with her. There is no way I can believe he knew she was coming over. As for her knowing what was on his computer at that time? Well....she was probably peering in the window and saw what he was watching. She's a cunning, sneaky, conniving, contriving, calculating sloth who didn't or couldn't take a hint.

She was going to set him up then kill him. It's that cut and dry. IMO of course.

If Travis hadn't signed out, all Jodi had to do was her old trick of the back button. It's served her well before.

I hate missing testimony. If I could reschedule my lectures, I would! I always feel like I showed up late to a party. All the booze is gone and there's nothing left but pizza crusts. Everybody's buzzed and having a great time and looking at you like, "What a dope for missing such a great party!"

felt that same way. missed all of the morning testimony. watching reruns on youtube just does not have the minute by minute impact.. but grateful for yt. :twocents:

SO even if the car held 13 gallons we still have 11 to account for.
11 gallons won't fit into two 5 gallon cans so there HAD TO BE THREE!

And that's assuming that she didn't put gas in her car until she was running on fumes.

On that crazy HNL show, one of the fake jurors just asked why Travis would have gone downstairs to get a knife, when there were scissors in the butcher block. (to cut the rope) She questions taking a knife to the bedroom instead of scissors....makes no sense. That was a great question.

I don't like Holly Hughes on HLN.

I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow. :eek:fftobed:

Speaking of sealed evidence....when Gus S didn't want to give up the name of the person in the car with him during the phone call to Chris H....it was offered that the name would be sealed, and he was asked again for the name of that person. He wanted to know what would happen if he refused, and he was advised to speak with an attorney. My question is, did he ever give this info? If not, what happend to him?

Exactly Zepp. She started the trip with only $280 in cash and she'd been a lot of places & done a lot of things since she left home. Getting her nails done alone ate up a chunk of that cash. We assume she ate along the way & paid for some gas with cash. She bought her gas can & Costco water with cash. I think she was very low on cash for that return trip.

Yes! And I'm thinking those deposits she had made in Pasedena? could have taken a day or 2 to clear into her account, thus letting her use her credit card by the time she got to SLC.

SO even if the car held 13 gallons we still have 11 to account for.
11 gallons won't fit into two 5 gallon cans so there HAD TO BE THREE!

Not to mention that would be if the gas tank was bone dry and the car running on fumes.

WOW, real creepy about that movie :escape:

Maybe a coinkydink about Reagan and Hinckley though I have another thought.
Reagan may simply be a name Travis liked due to his being a Republican true believer. And Hinckley was a President of the Mormon Church He died in January of 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487