trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Nurmi didn't ask one question of the Walmart witness. End of story imo.

Re the DT bringing back Dr. Samuels to challenge DrD, I like that option since JW challenged DrD using Dr. Samuels report. It sounds crazy, but I think JW actually said something like, "You do realize Dr Samuels also found JA had a personality disorder, which he put in the "Personality Disorder Not Named" column?" That seemed like a damning and totally unnecessary admission to me.

Totally agree, but there is point to say ok, the DT is going to appeal regardless of my rulings. Why delay for a surrebuttal? Let's get this going and end it after the Juan's rebuttal. No matter what she decides, the defense is going to file an appeal! And of course we're not privy to the motion for the surrebuttal or the counter by Juan, but imo this is not a strong appeal if she denies. Maybe lawyers could weigh in?
Preaching to the choir. JS is so afraid of any reversible error, she will cause an error in JA's rightful punishment. Sad she is so easily bullied.

JA is like CA in her lies. She doesn't think them out well, she lies for the sake of lying,, and when that lie is questioned, she forms another lie based on what she knows at the moment. I think JA relishes more in thinking she got away with a lie than she worries about her fate, because in her mind, "No jury will ever convict" her

Your post made me smile! Most of my knives are in the kitchen, though I do have box cutters in my office and kitchen, some knife-like tools that I use for gardening/pruning/lawn work etc., and a small Swiss army knife in my purse. My house is over-run with scissors. Multiple pairs in practically every room of the house. Different strokes for different folks!

OMG, we are dangerous, aren't we! :rockon:

I hope Horn rebuts how that trajectory wasn't possible with Travis doing a linebacker charge on Jodi--unless his head was turned to the side like a swimmer in mid-stroke.

That's what I am thinking. I wonder if he's qualified to testify about that in particular

My goodness... I just wish Nurmi would drop all the sex talk! This is not a Moral trial it's a MURDER trial!!!

Can you imagine if Gary Rigway's DT tried to pull all this sex talk during his trial??

Despite making bad choices in life, each and every one of his victims was a precious woman who's lives were brutally taken by a horrible man....the moral issues of the case NEVER came up, nor would they ever be allowed to be brought up...

Just like Travis, he was a precious young man...and he didn't deserve to have his life brutally taken by this horrible girl! Furthermore, Travis' morality in no way condones JA MURDERING him!

I guess the difference is JA ultimately came up with the "self defense" lie...but still, I don't think the moral issues belong in this case... Sex out of wedlock isn't illegal (and it isn't abuse)... However, MURDERING someone because they found out you are a sociopath IS ILLEGAL and it is NOT considered "self defense"!!!

That would make sense though, this DT already has expert witnesses, they should not be allowed to call in another just for this. That they aren't satisfied with the way their witnesses that they chose performed, well, too bad.

I kinda sorta, not really miss ole Samuels. It sure was entertaining to watch him desperately searching for documents, accusing Juan of stealing them from him off the stand, arguing over the Websters dictionary, pounding on stuff, and throwing pens. One of my favorite lines of this trial is "Sir, with regard to this issue, have you conducted a diagnostic test on the prosecutor? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lots of homeowners were defaulting on their mortgages in 2005-2006-2008 in California. I really do not think that JA or Darryl Brewer should be put down because they lost their house. I think I will judge her for being a murderer, not for her mortgage default. We bought a house in Victorville, Ca in 1989 for $89,000. Around 2005 I could see that the housing/bubble was about to collapes. We sold our house for $245,000.00 in 2005. Moved to Texas and paid cash for our home here. The housing market was a hot mess when JA and DB lost their home. I had friends in Southern Cal. that were "upside down" with their mortgages. JA murdered TA. IMHO, has nothing to do with some mortgage default. MOO
Except for the fact that JA was spending her share of the mortgage on a boob job, and her travels for the PPL conventions. And LOTS and LOTS of KY jelly

The 3rd gas can was never retrieved was it?
If that's true, that explains why Jodi came up with the lie about returning it once they discovered she had made that purchace. Find a gas can in the desert and you'll also find a .25 revolver and remnants of her clothes. JMHO

You might be right and it might have been part of her Einstein plan all along to buy a third can with cash and toss it somewhere. I assume they only have two gas cans or else we would have heard that the 3rd can is actually in custody.

Surprised we haven't seen them like in the CA trial.

Because they are HLN and they pull stuff out of their rear on a daily basis - several times a day actually.

You guys are cracking me up tonight, something in the water maybe? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think they would just remove them. Maybe they should just go ahead and do it now, call it preventative medicine. :giggle:

I'll admit I did find delight in those Jodi cold sore days. Having to cut her hair short would be fun to watch too. See, I'm having those mean thoughts again.

:dunno: I thought it was some kind of Zen message to enjoy the simple things in life.

I thought it was a red herring, like so many JA has thrown out there, and dang, I really wish I could stay awake long enough to see will Otto please tell.:drumroll::please:

I hope Horn rebuts how that trajectory wasn't possible with Travis doing a linebacker charge on Jodi--unless his head was turned to the side like a swimmer in mid-stroke.

And the shot had to come from above, not with her standing and him advancing toward her.

I do cut him slack. The questions are only vulgar because they are asked in public, where her mother and bishop can hear the answers. JM asked the same questions of her. And yes, Nurmi did make that comment at the end. I wish it hadn't been stricken because it was true.

It was a totally different relationship. Men and women have different relationships with people all the time. I thought Nurmi was really hammering home that Travis actually loved and cared for Deanna. Jodi? Fling. and Jodi ought to have had the sense Deanna had to realize that Travis wasn't ready for what she was ready for--and LEAVE.

So if anything the questions make Jodi look even worse. I can't blame Nurmi for doing a job that he's been forced by law to do.

Wait? I don't remember Juan asking Deanna the following questions? Cause this is verbatim what Nurmi asked....

"Did he ever use phrases with you like, 'You're the ultimate *advertiser censored* in bed?'"

"Did he talk to you about blowing enormous loads every time?"

"Did he ever ejaculate on your face?"

"Did he ever call you a *advertiser censored* ... a *advertiser censored* ... a three-hole wonder?"

"Did he ever tell you how he wanted to tie you to a tree and quote, 'put it in your a##?'"

Except for the fact that JA was spending her share of the mortgage on a boob job, and her travels for the PPL conventions. And LOTS and LOTS of KY jelly

I wonder if she tried to claim the purchase of the boob job and never ending supply of KY as a tax right off.... in what category, I have no clue. I am just being oober ridiculous because I am overly tired. Sowwy.

You might be right and it might have been part of her Einstein plan all along to buy a third can with cash and toss it somewhere. I assume they only have two gas cans or else we would have heard that the 3rd can is actually in custody.

Surprised we haven't seen them like in the CA trial.
It would have had to been tossed AFTER she got home, though. She used it again on her way home from Utah. That's what got her!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya