trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:mad: HLN and their never-ending BOMBSHELLS.

BOMBSHELL tonight! Nancy has her finger in her ear again! Thinks what she has to say is more important than what's going on in the trial! The trial ended five hours ago and she thinks it's still live! Nobody tell her or her hair might move! DICK Samuels!

One positive thing I can say for the DT is, "it's working". They started off blowing smoke at the mirrors and here we are discussing the non-essential aspects of the case and getting lost in JA's fog, and I'm sure the jury is too. Let's just hope we are correct when we think they have enough sense to pinch themselves and remember this trial is about Travis' life being taken, not Travis' trials in life.

I don't know about AZ law but I was employed with a Southern Calif. hospital for 10 years and was repulsed by the prisoners that came in for treatment, heart surgery even, medical bills paid by Calif. tax payers. When I die, I would like my family to choose where my organs go to. As it stands now..no choice so I do not have an "organ donation" sticker on my drivers licence. Seen too many drug addicts, prisoners getting transplants.

It is repulsive isn't it? Especially when you see elderly who NEED surgery but can't afford it and Medicare won't cover it.

A few years back there was a case here locally (I'm in Florida), where a man who was the brother of a judge was let out of prison for surgery and allowed to recuperate at his brother's home for 3 months after the surgery before he went back to prison. He was serving a sentence for DUI!

Here's a link to a brief write up about it. See the June 20th entry.

http://www.inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=3115

Unbelievable huh?

Sorry for the O/T

I think we're all a little tired. At least I am, good night friends :eek:fftobed:
I'd better head out too, before I get myself in trouble. Good night, neesaki, and good night to all the WSers. Tomorrow will be a good day.

Maybe so.

I knew Nurmi would ask her about sex, but never in a million years did I think he would be so vulgar about it. That was just so dramatic and horrible. The questions were just foul...and why did he have yell them at her like that?! I don't even know poor Deanna and I just wanted to some way protect her from Nurmi! I think the way Nurmi handled that really looked bad and damaged the defense.

I think, through this trial, the jurors have grown accustomed to Juan's Pitbull-Style questioning, and don't take offense to it. Nurmi, more than likely, offended them today. IMHO

I have to wonder how many times the DT has told JA "If you have told us any more lies, you need to let us know NOW" I can't even imagine what it must be like to try and defend someone who can't even be honest with herself, yet alone her DT.

You asked about the "voids" and I was trying to explain it to you. I worked for a consulting company that worked with WALMART on their systems so I am very familiar with how they work and what a "void" means at Walmart. I wasn't telling you not to talk about it. I was saying the voids didn't mean anything and the gas can return couldn't have been hidden in there. If you want to talk about it, go nuts.

The fact that Nurmi didn't bother to bring this up at all, lends itself to the continued proof that there was no return of a gas can made my Jodi.

Also, wouldn't there still be some record of return when the can was scanned back into the system?

Watching a rerun of NG. They are showing the part where Nurmi is asking Deanna those awful questions about sex. It's horrible, and even worse the second time around hearing it. I felt so bad for Deanna, although she held strong! I wonder why Juan didn't object to the way the questions were asked?

JM maybe chose to let Nurmi hang himself. Those questions likely didn't sit well with some jurors.

I think, through this trial, the jurors have grown accustomed to Juan's Pitbull-Style questioning, and don't take offense to it. Nurmi, more than likely, offended them today. IMHO

The difference lies in the fact that Juan goes after those who lie or refuse to testify in full honesty with a pit bull approach, where Nurmi went on a vulgar attack with a non threatening young lady who was answering questions honestly. :stormingmad:

He was really angering me because it really didn't seem like there was any point to it. Why did Deanna have to tell about her sexual exploits with Travis and whether or not they told their bishop about it? What does that have to do with the case at all? I have pretty tough skin when it comes to sex stuff, and I was getting really uncomfortable with his questions. I would imagine a lot of the jurors would feel the same way, especially if they were a little more sensitive than I am about sexual things.

I felt bad for her and the questioning didn't seem to be a means to an end at all. Maybe he was just trying to make her look bad or something?

The difference lies in the fact that Juan goes after those who lie or refuse to testify in full honesty with a pit bull approach, where Nurmi went on a vulgar attack with a non threatening young lady who was answering questions honestly. :stormingmad:

Yupp, well put and 500% accurate. At the beginning I questioned his style, but am now so used to it that and have seen the results, it does not bother me any longer. His years of experience have served him well.

I still laugh at the reaction of my 14 year old son a few weeks ago after watching Martinez. "Mom, why is that man always yelling?"

Wait? I don't remember Juan asking Deanna the following questions? Cause this is verbatim what Nurmi asked....

"Did he ever use phrases with you like, 'You're the ultimate *advertiser censored* in bed?'"

"Did he talk to you about blowing enormous loads every time?"

"Did he ever ejaculate on your face?"

"Did he ever call you a *advertiser censored* ... a *advertiser censored* ... a three-hole wonder?"

"Did he ever tell you how he wanted to tie you to a tree and quote, 'put it in your a##?'"

JM asked questions in response to those questions posed by Nurmi, such as did Deanna know about people ejaculating on people's faces or if the defendant liked it. That's the only one I recall. JM did seem to try to stay away from sex as much as possible with Deanna.

These questions that Nurmi asked, in my opinion, are not vulgar. He was simply asking Deanna if Travis had done the same things with her as evidenced with Jodi by texts and that sex tape. I can't fault Nurmi for that because these are words and topics that have been brought up through this entire trial.

Darryl was asked about having anal sex with Jodi, as well. As the only other person that I recall admitting to have sex with Travis, Deanna got asked questions about it.

**Disclaimer. Me giving Nurmi the benefit of the doubt on this does not mean I am in the defense camp and it does not mean that I don't think Jodi is guilty. It also doesn't mean that I don't want to see her convicted. I simply see Nurmi and JW as people doing their jobs (most days).

Also, wouldn't there still be some record of return when the can was scanned back into the system?

Yes. Walmart has some of the best inventory control systems in the world. If somehow a gas can showed up at their store, for some strange reason a refund was given without it being scanned as a return transaction (which also would have resulted in a cashiers register being off by $13 and they would have gotten written up for it), it most likely would have been entered back into the system at some point very shortly after so they had a correct count of gas cans on their shelves.

I'm just really really confident that if Walmart said the return didn't happen - then it didn't happen ;) Obviously there are anomalies and mistakes, but like I said, it would have resulted in the cashier's register being off and there would definitely be a record of that.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
Lots of homeowners were defaulting on their mortgages in 2005-2006-2008 in California. I really do not think that JA or Darryl Brewer should be put down because they lost their house. I think I will judge her for being a murderer, not for her mortgage default. We bought a house in Victorville, Ca in 1989 for $89,000. Around 2005 I could see that the housing/bubble was about to collapes. We sold our house for $245,000.00 in 2005. Moved to Texas and paid cash for our home here. The housing market was a hot mess when JA and DB lost their home. I had friends in Southern Cal. that were "upside down" with their mortgages. JA murdered TA. IMHO, has nothing to do with some mortgage default. MOO

My point was that JA lived an irresponsible lifestyle, imo. Sorry if I hit a sore spot.

Did not hit a sore spot with me. IIRC TA had a second mortgage on his house and had to have renters so he could make his monthly mortgage. At the time he was murdered, PPL hit a low..lawsuits. TA's income depended upon signing up other people for his downline. Not a steady income. Even Det. Flores stated that TA wanted to make people think he made more money than he did. All I was saying is that I will not judge JA or DB because they lost their house.

JM asked questions in response to those questions posed by Nurmi, such as did Deanna know about people ejaculating on people's faces or if the defendant liked it. That's the only one I recall. JM did seem to try to stay away from sex as much as possible with Deanna.

These questions that Nurmi asked, in my opinion, are not vulgar. He was simply asking Deanna if Travis had done the same things with her as evidenced with Jodi by texts and that sex tape. I can't fault Nurmi for that because these are words and topics that have been brought up through this entire trial.

Darryl was asked about having anal sex with Jodi, as well. As the only other person that I recall admitting to have sex with Travis, Deanna got asked questions about it.

**Disclaimer. Me giving Nurmi the benefit of the doubt on this does not mean I am in the defense camp and it does not mean that I don't think Jodi is guilty. It also doesn't mean that I don't want to see her convicted. I simply see Nurmi and JW as people doing their jobs (most days).

I never could have predicted that I would come to a point in life, where someone could testify, out loud, about anal sex, and it would provoke no reaction from me. I am numb to it now.

You are accurate in your description, but I think the fact that I was in an unhealthy verbally/physically abusive relationship years and years ago tends to cloud my judgement when it comes to verbal abuse. I am highly sensitive to it. Deanna handled herself well. I would have been shaking and tearing up had it been me.

I guess I'm not sensitive at all to that type of talk, so it doesn't bother me. I know other people are different, but the only way it would affect me is if the person actually DID call me those names and I felt ashamed. Otherwise, I'd be matter-of-factly saying, "No.....No....No..." to every question with no feeling about it.

But as I said, all people are different and I guess the mere mention of words like that in some people's presence would be disconcerting.

BBM: I won't fault you for that, in fact, I like to see people here try to look at things objectively, whether I agree or disagree, or fall somewhere in the middle. You would make a good juror for your honesty in how you weigh things out on the scales of justice.

He was really angering me because it really didn't seem like there was any point to it. Why did Deanna have to tell about her sexual exploits with Travis and whether or not they told their bishop about it? What does that have to do with the case at all? I have pretty tough skin when it comes to sex stuff, and I was getting really uncomfortable with his questions. I would imagine a lot of the jurors would feel the same way, especially if they were a little more sensitive than I am about sexual things.

I felt bad for her and the questioning didn't seem to be a means to an end at all. Maybe he was just trying to make her look bad or something?

I'm with you!

In the end though - he couldn't make her look bad because she is NOT bad. She came off as a very sweet girl, not at all like the girl Jodi is. Travis respected and loved Deanna. JA was just Travis' "good time" girl. There is no crime in that. That whole line of questioning back fired on the defense I think. It made Jodi look even worse because it showed that JA allowed Travis to engage her in that kind of talk with her and had no problem with him being kinky like that - even encouraging him to do it. That's not abuse! She seemed happy to indulge him in that kind of talk. And by the sounds of it - it appeard that Nurmi offended some of the jurors if you can believe HLN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme