trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We will have trial today, Wednesday April 24th. Tomorrow be here at 9:30am it will be a short day. There will be NO trial until next Wednesday May 1st and you are to arrive at 9:00am and we will stay until we finish even up to 5:00pm.

Final Jury instructions will be Thursday May 2nd and the Attorney's closing arguments on Thursday and Friday and then the case will be submitted to the Jury"

TRIAL:
Wed April 24th
Thurs April 25th
Fri thru Tue Apr 30 NO Trial
Wed May 1st
Thurs May 2nd
Fri May 3rd and to the Jury we go!

She also said no witness till next Wed. because of time conflict for witness? Something like that...

OK...speaking of the jury.

Do we know how those who will actually deliberate are chosen?

Is it a number draw? (that would be best, IMO!)

Does the defense get to pick who they want?

It doesn't seem fair that if they get to pick, they have watched all of them for all this time!

do we go until 4:30pm today????

eta: 1161 people here - 598 members - 563 guests!!

If I were a juror, I might be anticipating the need to argue my opinion with some other juror and want to get all my facts straight, just in case.

I was thinking along the same lines...

Perhaps some of the jurors are anticipating questions from other jurors... so they ask them in advance...

All jurors get the answers "from the horse's mouth"... so to speak...

And... their discussions will be backed up by more "evidence"...

Quite astute of the jurors... if this is the case...

JMO

JMO

She could hold on to the vertical part of the shelving, but she sure as heck couldn't step on that part....and she claimed that she stepped on one of the lower shelves. So, forget it Nurmi.

we have those shelves (under cabinets) in our kitchen with mixing bowls and pyrex dishes! (Not shoes!) It is a disaster every time my gkids try to climb them to get to the potato chips and animal cookies that are on top. Somehow they think that just because it happened every other time, the shelf is not going to tip this time. I have the chipped pyrex to prove it.:floorlaugh:

I don't think he was addicted to Jodi. A lot of people are infatuated with someone at first and then realize that was all it was.

If he was addicted then he broke his addiction on May 26th when he told her the truth that he no longer wanted her in his life.

if anyone was addicted to anyone it was JA that was addicted to Travis and refused to leave him alone and murdered him because she knew it was over and even her big bag of sex tricks no longer worked.

Travis did not pursue JA. He hadn't even seen her since she moved in April 2008. Addicted Travis was not.

Excellent post O.B.E. - Well said! 100%.

I so wished JM would have asked DF, "btw, what is that picture there on the shelf"...and DF could have said, "Oh, that's a picture of Travis when he was a little boy, maybe about 5 years old, sitting on his dad's lap, and he's wearing spiderman undies"

You know, I actually think there is a juror who knows the answers to the questions he/she is asking but wants to make a point to the other jurors and clear up anything that may be confusing.

You may be very right Plumeria. I never thought of that.

If so I am sure grateful for it.

Why bother lying about something as mundane as that?

Because she had to totally make up the pedophilia accusation out of whole cloth. So she had to come up with a reason that she went over there unannounced, because there were no phone or computer records of them communicating that day. So she needed to come up with a reason that she would have stopped by.

They way her mind works, she has to put herself in a good light. So she has to come up with a favor she would be doing for him. So, it was January---hey, how about Christmas decorations? Yes, that's it. I helped him with his boxes of decorations. :liar:

Was talking to a friend and I think I used the word ' you misrepresented...' one too many times!

Sorry, the sun screen guy arrived exactly when I told him NOT to!

"What is it about ONLY COME OVER TO DO THE ESTIMATE DURING ARIAS TRIAL RECESS" that you don't understand!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I gather all that was accomplished today was hair color and shelf weight ability. Did I miss anything else? Sorry to impose.

The you tube video Travis was watching when JA came in did not have any nude women.

BabyBrowning25x500px.jpg

Why would any guy, especially the size of Travis, buy a gun that size? It defies logic. Never happened. The jury gets it.

I suppose it could happen, but if I'm sitting on the jury there is no way I'd believe it. Whether it's cars, guns, sound systems, velvet revolvers, they like to show off. A 25 is not a show piece and I'd expect a circle of friends to give him stick about it.

A glock or a Walther I'd believe. Not the one used by the defendant.

Who is going to dance and prance if we the jury comes back with a verdict on Friday before the weekend?

I'm def up down for a half hour of prancing. Might bust a move and shake a tail feather or two.

I am not sure if they did dust for prints in there. It looked totally in perfect order, so no reason to believe there had been any struggle or even an intruder in there.

Jody did not tell LE about the supposed gun in the closet until late July. By then the crime scene was taken down and people were probably coming in and out, moving things around etc.

Actually, IIRC the prosecution only found out about this DURING THE TRIAL when JA testified. She stopped talking to LE by late 2008, I think, and stuck to the ninja story for a couple years. Even when she switched her story to self-defense, I don't think she had to give any details about her story until her testimony. MOO.

JA and the dog. Missed this one before. And one more of JA on her trip....

Thank you again Det Brown, even though I was so hoping you'd been through JA's computer

It amazes me. She can't even DRIVE without snapping a photo of herself. :floorlaugh:

Nurmi asks if a shelf were dislodged, whether it could have simply been put back in place. So is he seriously suggesting that perhaps JA dislodged the shelf and took the time to put it (and its contents) back neatly in place, but left all the other mess in the house? And if so, wouldn't that sort of critical thinking on her part contradict the fight or flight/PTSD claim?

Doh.

Not to mention her testimony.

Oh Holly Hughes is on HLN saying she tested similar shelves and they didn't tip on her. *Eye Roll*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth