trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe DB had to go to work (surely SOME people in Jodi's world actually work, right?) . Maybe JA asked if she could hang around, do some shopping, get her nails done <wink wink> and freshen up while he was at work. (Something like that). He says OK and gives her his garage door remote. She dyes her hair at DB's place and runs to Wal-Mart and then drops off his remote... ?
:waitasec:

Sorry for quoting myself...

I just rewatched JA's testiphoney about this and JM asks her specifically what kind of remote it was and how it got in her car. JA trips on her tongue and says, "the TV or DVD...i can't remember...I don't remember how it got in my car...<blush,sweat>.

This is another case of JA "outwitting" herself and how GOOD JM is. He had her thinking about going to Wal-Mart and "returning" that third gas can. Then he just casually drops the questions about the remote. She is so concentrating about the third gas can that she's making up all kinds of BS stories about her manicure and trying to fill up the time line and she just panics when her focus is suddenly brought back to DB and what she was really doing at his place. It really would've been just as good to say, "Oh, I went to Wal-Mart after DB left for work so I had to drop off his garage opener." Moo

I've seen no official word on Judge Stephens' decision to allow the jury to consider manslaughter/heat of passion. Some speculate that she will, but I'm not so sure. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a compromise was reached behind closed doors. Defense gets to put on a witness in surrerebuttal to challenge Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD vs. their expert's diagnosis of PSTD, but the jury doesn't consider manslaughter. Even if Jodi is delusional about the likelihood that she"ll be convicted of first-degree murder, I don't think her attorneys are. Manslaughter could have been the bargaining chip to ensure surrebuttal. Kind of like what they did with the photo of Travis's face in the shower and the image reflected in his eye. Wanted Neumeister declared an expert so he could testify and show the jury multiple versions of the same photo "blown up" or a field trip to his lab to see the same on better equipment. DT settled for the stipulation that Jodi was only holding a camera when she took that close up of Travis's face in the shower.MOO.

I thought "manslaughter" was already on the table? Without the added "sudden quarrel" blah blah blah?

It's just a caffeine pill you buy at the drug store. Nothing else is in it other than food coloring to give the pill a yellow tint. It's the same as 1 cup of coffee.

Yeah, I discovered those a few years ago when on a driving tour of US. Whole lot cheaper than buying cups of coffee. There are generic brands much cheaper than Vivarin. Besides, if I went inside for coffee, couldn't pass up the danish/donuts that went with it.

One of my favorite drives is the same general path Jodi drove. Stunning! Do it every couple of years. Maybe I'll send her a very descriptive letter next time, highlighting how I CAN do it and she CAN'T anymore.:floorlaugh:

I've seen no official word on Judge Stephens' decision to allow the jury to consider manslaughter/heat of passion. Some speculate that she will, but I'm not so sure. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a compromise was reached behind closed doors. Defense gets to put on a witness in surrerebuttal to challenge Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD vs. their expert's diagnosis of PSTD, but the jury doesn't consider manslaughter. Even if Jodi is delusional about the likelihood that she"ll be convicted of first-degree murder, I don't think her attorneys are. Manslaughter could have been the bargaining chip to ensure surrebuttal. Kind of like what they did with the photo of Travis's face in the shower and the image reflected in his eye. Wanted Neumeister declared an expert so he could testify and show the jury multiple versions of the same photo "blown up" or a field trip to his lab to see the same on better equipment. DT settled for the stipulation that Jodi was only holding a camera when she took that close up of Travis's face in the shower.MOO.
I dont believe JM would ever agree to manslaughter. If that gets in,it will be the judge allowing it. Early on JA wanted to plea guilty to second degree murder and the DAs office said no. He wouod never agree to that. You never know what the judge will do.

Maybe DB had to go to work (surely SOME people in Jodi's world actually work, right?) . Maybe JA asked if she could hang around, do some shopping, get her nails done <wink wink> and freshen up while he was at work. (Something like that). He says OK and gives her his garage door remote. She dyes her hair at DB's place and runs to Wal-Mart and then drops off his remote... ?
:waitasec:
Entirely possible she used Darryl's place for the dye job. If there had been a receipt for hair color or coloring services at a salon, I'm sure JM would have dropped that bomb by now. Jodi could have easily brought the hair color with her from Yreka, asked Matt or Darryl to make the purchase, or paid cash and ditched the receipt. Makes more sense than sitting on the side of the road for 25 minutes with color in her hair and rinsing it out using bottles of water from Costco. ;)

Yeah, I discovered those a few years ago when on a driving tour of US. Whole lot cheaper than buying cups of coffee. There are generic brands much cheaper than Vivarin. Besides, if I went inside for coffee, couldn't pass up the danish/donuts that went with it.

One of my favorite drives is the same general path Jodi drove. Stunning! Do it every couple of years. Maybe I'll send her a very descriptive letter next time, highlighting how I CAN do it and she CAN'T anymore.:floorlaugh:

The Grand Canyon is on my bucket list. Also the Norhwest. This country has beautiful parks.

I dont believe JM would ever agree to manslaughter. If that gets in,it will be the judge allowing it. Early on JA wanted to plea guilty to second degree murder and the DAs office said no. He wouod never agree to that. You never know what the judge will do.
That's why I think there may have been a compromise of sorts. JM agrees not to fight the surrerebuttal; DT accepts no manslaughter charge to the jury. We move on to closing arguments and deliberations--and most importantly, Justice for Travis.

The Grand Canyon is on my bucket list. Also the Norhwest. This country has beautiful parks.

Don't forget Southern Utah which is about a 3-4 hr drive north of the Grand Canyon. Beautiful canyons and parks including Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon.

Entirely possible she used Darryl's place for the dye job. If there had been a receipt for hair color or coloring services at a salon, I'm sure JM would have dropped that bomb by now. Jodi could have easily brought the hair color with her from Yreka, asked Matt or Darryl to make the purchase, or paid cash and ditched the receipt. Makes more sense than sitting on the side of the road for 25 minutes with color in her hair and rinsing it out using bottles of water from Costco. ;)

She claims she was there for half an hour. Liar. He owns a knife collection. She may have taken one. Remember Brewer started answering questions in a low nervous voice? I think he was coming to a realization.

Random thought this morning.

Arias used the "Grandma card" yesterday.

Isn't that sad? I don't know if it's coincidental, but her poor Grams shows up on the day Mr. Martinez absolutely shreds Jodi on all her (remaining) lies. There wasn't a single hopeful moment for the DT today.

Similarly, on the day the Arias Family had their big adventure to the halls of justice, it was the single most humiliating day of the trial for JA. Her dying father, kid sister and kid brother got to hear the whole unvarnished phone sex tape. Now THERE'S a memory they can all hang onto for life!

Maybe it's karma. Maybe her Dad actually wanted to hear that. Maybe her whole family is enjoying "rubbing her nose" in the mess she's made for all of them. I don't know but it doesn't seem anyone could've planned to attend at worse times.

The Helio photos taken on June 3 confirm she dyed her hair brown before she went to the Walmart in Salinas to buy the gas can and other items. She rented the car on june 2 and the man from the rental place said her hair was blond. They also showed a photo of her with a dog that I think belongs to Matt McCartney. That pic was taken on June 2 with the Helio phone and her hair was blond. What does all this mean? She colored her hair on her way to Mesa not in April as she testified. She had brown hair when she bought the gas can. Coincidence or deliberate attempt to go undetected? Jodi claimed she returned the gas can to the same Salinas Walmart that day. Juan blew that lie out of the water on Tuesday. What we don't know with certainty is whether she did her own dye job or had it done in a salon. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much this helps a lot!! I think what still makes this confusing is the pictures we see of Jodi's "blonde" is REALLY blonde. She supposedly dyed her hair from THAT blonde to brown in Mar/Apr but it didn't work so it was more dark blonde/very light brown. And then of course there's the dark brown. Confusing still for me.

Do you know if she colored her hair again before being arrested or was this the color it was during the vicious murder?

:banghead::banghead:

That's why I think there may have been a compromise. JM doesn't fight the surrerebuttal; DT accepts no manslaughter charge to the jury. We movd on to closing arguments and deliberations.

Isnt jodi present for that? I think she might want manslaughter. It means she gets out in time. 5 years already served.

Good morning :seeya:

What have I missed? Since sleep got in the way of my life:floorlaugh:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget Southern Utah which is about a 3-4 hr drive north of the Grand Canyon. Beautiful canyons and parks including Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon.

My sister was there. I would have to hire a guide with a car. I live in NY and have no need for a car here.

Pennslyvania is pretty. Ill be going there this summer. Cherry Hills State Park. Star gazing parties. One of the darkest spots on the east coast.

Did I hear correctly yesterday that Jodi's Helio phone was found in the Grandpa's truck BY THE AUNT and SHE turned it over to the police? AFTER she was arrested???

I thought Jodi had found it previously and I thought she ditched it...evidence???

I hope JM writes a book so I can get all this cr@p straight someday!!

Sorry for quoting myself...

I just rewatched JA's testiphoney about this and JM asks her specifically what kind of remote it was and how it got in her car. JA trips on her tongue and says, "the TV or DVD...i can't remember...I don't remember how it got in my car...<blush,sweat>.

This is another case of JA "outwitting" herself and how GOOD JM is. He had her thinking about going to Wal-Mart and "returning" that third gas can. Then he just casually drops the questions about the remote. She is so concentrating about the third gas can that she's making up all kinds of BS stories about her manicure and trying to fill up the time line and she just panics when her focus is suddenly brought back to DB and what she was really doing at his place. It really would've been just as good to say, "Oh, I went to Wal-Mart after DB left for work so I had to drop off his garage opener." Moo

Which is why my mind goes to a remote for the camera and the nude pics were a set up.
That the remote was not returned for days or a week.

That would not fly..

Can someone please fill me in on how Matthew McCartney fits into all this? His name is always coming up yet I haven't been able to piece together his involvement/knowledge with JA. Thanks!

He is one of JA's ex-boyfriends. I think they lived together up on Oregon at one point. According to JA, he was into Wicca and they looked into a bunch of different religions together. After they split, they remained friends. According to JA, she told MM about TA's supposed abuse and pedophilia. She said that MM would never betray her. MM is speculated by some to be the the person who JA was sending the coded jailhouse magazine message to. The message said, "You f*cked up what you told my attorney the next day... directly contradicts what I've been saying for over a year...get down here ASAP and see me before you talk to them again and before...you testify so... we can fix this...interview was excellent! Must talk ASAP!" The message never made it past the guards. He is on the defense witness list, but was never called. He obviously can't lend any weight to her lies.

JA also stopped at his house in Santa Cruz on 6/3 and stayed the night there before going to DB's house in Monterey. Don't know why since DB's house was only less than an hour away.

That's about all I know. Maybe other people can fill in what I missed or correct anything that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65