trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are posters on this board who believe the gun shot came first AND also believe that JA is guilty of pre-meditated first degree murder. I don't think it means that a juror who thinks (or thought) there is a possibility that she shot him first to incapacitate him and make it easier to stab him 27+ times and slit his throat, buys into her BS self-defense claim. I thought it was brilliant of JM to ask Dr. Horn about the obvious defensive wounds to demonstrate that Travis fought hard for his life--harder than she expected IMO). Even if you were inclined to believe she shot him first, where is the blood on the floor where she claims it would have occurred? If he was quickly incapacitated as Dr. Horn stated, he'd never have been able to get up, bleed over the sink and then be able to chase Jodi through the hall. Mark my words--this chick is going down.

The use of two different murder weapons plus the overkill proves premeditation.

IMO

JODI IS KICKING HTME OFF ONE BY ONE. THere are ONLY 3 LEFT??? omigosh, i'm really schared now. 3 left, is that correct??

Juror 8 is dismissed. Court over for today. Will commence next wed. am. I think 9:30. What an excruciating work schedule.

Excused Juror #8 from further involvement in this case.

Take break until Wed.
admonishes jurors

stand for the jury

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the coroner's theory that the gunshot would have immediately incapacitated TA. There have been many accounts of people being impaled by objects that went through the face and/or skull and have surprised doctors by being completely alert and normal.

I do feel that the most likely scenario is JA brought the gun to shoot TA and that is what she did first. And when he wasn't instantly killed or incapacitated (he walked to the sink and coughed blood) she went and got a knife and finished the job. That is how he ended up having stab wounds on his back (him trying to get away) and ended up in the entrance of the master bedroom where his throat was slashed.

I have always thought this was what happened. I don't think JA would have risked TA getting away or fighting her off if she attacked him with just a knife. She stole the gun from her grandparents house and there was a reason for that.

Now, I did happen to catch dr. drew last night and did see how the shower photos eerily resemble the shower scene from the movie Psycho. So perhaps if JA is crazy enough (and not just borderline personality) she tried to reenact the scene and stabbed TA first. But then why shoot him after you fatally slash his throat?
If you refer back to Dr. Horn's first time on the stand he addresses the way gun shots are different than other head wounds... velocity, chemical reactions.

Just because other people have survived gunshot wounds to the head or knives/spears, etc. doesn't mean that would have been the case here. It all depends which part of the brain was impacted. I would take the word of the ME. Please note that the defense did not put up their own expert to refute this testimony. There are many hired guns out there (Baden, Spitz, etc), but maybe even they couldn't be bought off.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the coroner's theory that the gunshot would have immediately incapacitated TA. There have been many accounts of people being impaled by objects that went through the face and/or skull and have surprised doctors by being completely alert and normal.

I do feel that the most likely scenario is JA brought the gun to shoot TA and that is what she did first. And when he wasn't instantly killed or incapacitated (he walked to the sink and coughed blood) she went and got a knife and finished the job. That is how he ended up having stab wounds on his back (him trying to get away) and ended up in the entrance of the master bedroom where his throat was slashed.

I have always thought this was what happened. I don't think JA would have risked TA getting away or fighting her off if she attacked him with just a knife. She stole the gun from her grandparents house and there was a reason for that.

Now, I did happen to catch dr. drew last night and did see how the shower photos eerily resemble the shower scene from the movie Psycho. So perhaps if JA is crazy enough (and not just borderline personality) she tried to reenact the scene and stabbed TA first. But then why shoot him after you fatally slash his throat?

I don't know anything about guns, but I do know they need to be cleaned on a regular basis.

I wonder if she tried to shoot Travis first and the gun jammed. If her grandfather owned the gun he might not have cleaned it in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth