trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror 8 released, unhappy judge, security's dog went through court .... ?? drug-sniffer? WTH is going on?

I'm really angry the Judge is allowing them to bring in this witness next Wednesday.

Dr. DeMarte was a rebuttal witness to the TWO mental health 'experts' the defense put on. They had DeMarte's report a year or more ago!!!

Now during the trial, it's suddenly such a surprise?? 'WOW, judge, who saw that coming?? We have to respond to this previously unknown result of borderline personality!! 'Cause like, we never knew about this!" This makes me SICK! What's he going to say, she didn't have BPD?? And he knows this how? And what the he!! difference does it make? So, her committing this horrific blood bath and having PTSD somehow makes up for it?? please...

The defense team is so out of touch with the jury. This jury is so over hearing from any more shrinks. This is adding a few more days to the trial just waiting for this guy.

Juror 8 = CEO guy (form the court watchers thread)....NO, NO, NO...I liked what I read aobut him

My brother was shot in his left cheek. Bullet lodged in his sinus. Although it was a M-16 round, it didn't exit. He lived about 2 hrs but was unconscious immediately.

I am so sorry about your brother.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.
I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

From one of the court observers...

I liked that Dr Horn kept repeating that the gunshot wound would disable any purposeful activity.

If there is a juror there so biased or willfully ignorant, I hope the others set them straight.

I completely agree. The repeated use of the phrase purposeful activity is very important. If the jury believes the gunshot was first they would have to believe that Travis fell to the ground, GOT BACK UP, went to the sink and spit up blood, walk or crawl down the 12.5 foot hallway AND DEFEND himself against all the knife wounds (as proven by his defensive wounds). There's no way that happened. The doctor said he would be dead within a minute or so of the gunshot and the attack took a little over a minute. His heart was still beating when his throat was slit. Clearly based on common sense the gun shot couldn't have happened first.

I think it's important too to remember that where the defense itself may dispute Dr. Horn's assertions - they did not put forth their own expert to refute his testimony.

So they're left with the medical examiner's testimony to compare to that of someone the jury has accused repeatedly, through many witnesses, of being manipulative, controlling, and deceptive.

Dr. Horn or Jodi. Hmmm....;)
Exactly! Where is their Dr. Lee?
ETA: I think what they really are fishing for is an attack on Det. Flores' police work.

JODI IS KICKING HTME OFF ONE BY ONE. THere are ONLY 3 LEFT??? omigosh, i'm really schared now. 3 left, is that correct??

we don't know what happened.. for all we know he could have had a family emergency or something??? We have to wait

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but was the defense denied their request for a surrebuttal?

according to WAT, the defense will call a new witness Wednesday.

Based on court observations CEO was not buying JA's story. Do we know whether he got kicked off or whether he was couldn't stay any longer?

Yes, there have been many instances of people's brains being impaled by objects and not being incapacitated, but it's WHERE in the brain that determines whether or not they continue to be functional. Specific parts of the brain control specific functions, and if you have a hole in your frontal lobe--especially from a low-caliber bullet that most likely tumbled and tore through the brain--you're not getting up after that.

Just some more information... In those instances I can pretty much guarantee those objects were not being impaled into the brain at the velocity of a bullet. In many cases a small caliber bullet can bounce around inside the body and cause more damage than a higher caliber bullet.

Also, this is my first post and want to say HI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth