trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ stark 3923 Juror #8 was excused for work reasons/conflict dates - he was told case would end April 11 not May 15 #jodiarias

I sure hope so....
It seems to me, that he was there, then recess and was let go and the reason some are saying that he wasn't there. He may not have been when they came back in.

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

What are you talking about? The frontal lobes control the following:

Motor Functions
Higher Order Functions
Planning
Reasoning
Judgement
Impulse Control
Memory

When you have two people in the courtroom reporting something totally different, who can you believe?

Saw this in the observer's thread:

Yes, just asked Camille Kimball and she checked and tweeted this

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball1m
OK. I just confirmed with Valerie the bailiff that ALL jurors were here today until #8 dismissed at the end. #JodiArias #StampingOutRumors

@ stark 3923 Juror #8 was excused for work reasons/conflict dates - he was told case would end April 11 not May 15 #jodiarias

thanks for the tweet

but i find this hard to believe.......why today? why 4/25 after missing 4/11 by so much........maybe but i'm skeptical

guess we will see............

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

The frontal lobe has the nerves that control voluntary muscle movement.

Surviving it isn't even the question, imho. I know a guy with a .45 still in his head, lol! But he wasn't walking around and fighting after getting shot. He fell into a coma, etc. and was unconscious the whole time after being shot.

Certainly JA's story of talking is ridiculous, but for those who think he got shot first and then still fought JA, do you really think you could put up a fight with a bullet through the brain? Not in the head, through the brain?

I think folks may be thinking of those head injuries that skirted the brain, or I believe there are even 'holes' in the brain, so to speak, where you could be very lucky to have the bullet go through. Trajectory through which part matters. I think the ME knows his stuff AND the bizarre stories are true, like my friend's.

Travis was torn apart by a woman who, by her own account, sustained no visible injuries. The head wound clearly affected his ability to amount a defense against her subsequent knife attack. His defense was meager, barely lifting himself to the sink, coughing up blood and then collapsing again and crawling down the hallway as she attacked him. This all happened in mere seconds. No one is claiming that Travis was talking, doing jumping jacks, 30 minutes after the brain injury.

That was not Wilmott's point. She was insinuating that Travis had not had his throat slit in that photo (he wouldn't be able to lift his head), so the streaming blood was actually coming from his head and not a throat injury. Ergo, the gunshot came first.

Bad followups and cross examine by Juan. He let Wilmott poke holes.

Well if that was her point, it indicates Jodi shot him immediately before she slit his throat in the bedroom because the picture clearly shows the presence of both carpeting and tile flooring. Ergo - he never charged her in the bathroom, she never shot him in the bathroom and mysteriously the bullet casing was cast over 15 feet down the hall and around the sink. If that was Wilmott's point, she needs to stop practicing law.

I think Wilmott was trying to insinuate that after the neck injury TA could not hold his head up so how was Jodi able to shoot Travis in a downward motion in the bathroom.

She's asked this question before while pointing to the picture with the pant leg, stockinged foot, and Travis with blood running down his right shoulder, and his foot closest to the bathroom end of the hallway. You all know that photo. The 'dragging' photo. She wants people to believe that Travis was holding his head and arm up, instead of him being physically moved by JA, or his head resting on some part of her body while she holds his arm up.
ETA: and that the blood is from the gunshot wound to his head, instead of his slashed throat. → gunshot first theory of the defense.

:blushing:
That was not Wilmott's point. She was insinuating that Travis had not had his throat slit in that photo (he wouldn't be able to lift his head), so the streaming blood was actually coming from his head and not a throat injury. Ergo, the gunshot came first.

Bad followups and cross examine by Juan. He let Wilmott poke holes.
i disagree...
Juan pointed out in opening as he will probably address again in closing that the Dragging photo is a dead Travis. A dead person won't hold their head up. With JAs assistance Travis head was up while dead in that photo possibly leaning against her leg. Travis throat was slit while he was alive... Soooo
Jmooc

The gunshot was last, but Jodi wanted it to be first.

Well if that was her point, it indicates Jodi shot him immediately before she slit his throat in the bedroom because the picture clearly shows the presence of both carpeting and tile flooring. Ergo - he never charged her in the bathroom, she never shot him in the bathroom and mysteriously the bullet casing was cast over 15 feet down the hall and around the sink. If that was Wilmott's point, she needs to stop practicing law.

Just checked on the courtroom observation thread and ^ this is not true. Beth Karas verified that Juror 8 WAS in court up until dismissal.

thanks, I deleted it as soon as I heard Beth said that he was in court.

Just checked on the courtroom observation thread and ^ this is not true. Beth Karas verified that Juror 8 WAS in court up until dismissal.

This is why I think he got a urgent phone call. Had he been in trouble with the court, they would have excused him BEFORE trial today. The fact that he was there continuing today, tells me, especially with the long break coming, it is not that he is ill. If my husband, my mother, father , grandfather, or kids were in the ER or dying, you can bet your life I'd ask to be excused. I know some wouldn't, but because there are still alternates and we are nearly done, I am not mad at him if he had a family emergency.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we learn otherwise.

I'm so happy about how very very strong Juan Martinez ended his case, all I am is relieved and happy right now, for the family. Relieved, happy and confident. It seems all of America is holding its breath hoping for the guilty verdict.

This is the DT's reasoning for keeping the trial going too long. Having jurors leave because they hadn't made arrangements. Sad right now.

If this is true, we can all thank the DT for dragging it out this long (which is their plan, imo). The judge better stick to her guns and make sure that closings actually do happen next week and the jury gets the case by next Friday. Otherwise, it will be just another broken promise in a long line of broken promises to the jury. Such as the defense will finish their case by February 11. :floorlaugh: Anyone remember that little gem? Probably not because it was sooooo long ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16