trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you just don't believe the ME's testimony that the gunshot to the right frontal lobe of the brain would render Travis completely out of commission?

Since it's not science, what is your opinion based on? Just curious.

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

Juror 8, the note taker took the most notes of any juror that I saw. No reason why he was kicked out yet. #JodiArias

3m
Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

Just got confirmation that juror 8 was the Note Taker. #JodiArias
Expand

I think this juror was one of the over thinkers. Glad he's gone.

I'm seeing many tweets on Twitter, from those in the court room this morning, that Juror # 8 was NOT in the court room at ALL today, his seat was empty. Doesn't sound like this was some "quick kick him off" move, as he wasn't present today. MOO.

Perhaps this is why JSS ramped up her questions to jurors about being approached by outsiders, having contact, etc.

Wilmott just before the jury came back in.
wilmottsmile_zps646c6640.jpg

Just Sick

I respectfully disagree with you Ranchgirl. Mimmy03 is correct. I don't like it but it's true! One example, is Gabrielle Giffords......

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/News/g...tors-surviving-gunshot-head/story?id=12573502

Let's just hope none of this kind of information gets to the jury! But even if it did, it shouldn't matter. It is very evident she murdered him with premediation! She butchered him! Whether it was before she shot him or after, the only difference it makes is that if she indeed shot him first, he may not have suffered as much. If she shot him last, she tortured him! Plain and simple, and for that reason she should get the death penalty!

BBM
Was Gabrielle Giffords capable of getting up and standing and then crawling down a hall immediately after the gunshot? Not being snarky, I simply don't know. I think she was immediately down and then slowly recovered. IMO

I hope someone other than #8 took good notes. I think Ponytail Girl and Maureen reportedly did.

Juror 8 released, unhappy judge, security's dog went through court .... ?? drug-sniffer? WTH is going on?

That's what I thought too. Maybe dog was a drug dog. Maybe the smell of pot was on juror no. 8? Hope we find out for sure.

When a trial drags on for this long the likelihood of someone having a family emergency like an illness or death of a relative goes up. It is part of daily life especially for those of a **certain age**.

In the last year in our family alone we have had a car accident that involved minor injuries, an unexpected cancer diagnosis requiring surgery and treatments, knee surgery that required someone to help take care of someone in the family. All required my assistance and availability to my family members.

I am not saying this is what happened to this juror, but honestly I would not be surprised if a juror had a legitimate unexpected personal reason to need to be dismissed. As the days march on, the greater the chance that someone has something happen within their family or themselves.

Agree. Sorry to hear you have had much on your plate. Hope all have recovered now.

Thank you JSS for trying your best.

She looks like this trial is fraying her. I may not have agreed with all she has decided nor will I come next week (defense is allowed another brain doc in) but her first death penalty trial has been a real doozy! Not one I would want to start out with if I was a judge.

Yes,but was Juror #8 in his seat..he could have been in the gallery

Just saw this in the observer's thread:

Yes, just asked Camille Kimball and she checked and tweeted this

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball1m
OK. I just confirmed with Valerie the bailiff that ALL jurors were here today until #8 dismissed at the end. #JodiArias #StampingOutRumors

He is certified and I believe him over a liar any day of the week. Especially with nearly 18years under his belt.

y8agumyh.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
First, Josie--this is not directed to you, but rather to the skeptic to whom you responded.

I just wanted to add that you couldn't find a better-educated and better-prepared physician than one who has done his residency at Pitt, one of the pre-eminent medical universities in the country (and world).

This is not a bumpkin county that appoints coroners (which differ from medical examiners) for political gain. Coroner is NOT synonymous with medical examiner. Kevin Horn is a highly-qualified, highly-educated, highly-trained, and highly-experienced medical doctor with nearly two decades of experience. His education, experience, and reputation are impeccable.

Comparing him to a backwards county coroner is unfair and inaccurate.

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

I agree the gunshot was first, but if the jury believes Dr. Horn, that's great.

However, remaining conscious is quite different from being able to perform purposeful actions, like yelling obscenities (kill you, Bch!!) immediately after sustaining the brain injury. He could have been conscious, but not all there. Confused and dazed from the kinetic energy.

IDK about everyone else but I hope after this is over that somewhere like a Dateline or 20/20 does an interview with ALL THE JURORS including #5, 2 & 8 on what they were thinking during the case, the pivitol points that swayed them..

Why the 3 jurors were dismissed, how those gone felt about not getting to be part of the decision & how those left felt about their fellow jurors being dismissed. I think it would be very interesting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett