trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH my gosh, I still have my feed on AZfamily. Showing Travis' gunshot wound. I hadn't seen this. I'm awfully sorry I did. O M G.

I think Wilmott was trying to insinuate that after the neck injury TA could not hold his head up so how was Jodi able to shoot Travis in a downward motion in the bathroom.

Good point, however laying on the floor with an attacker over him whille shooting him in the head is a whole lot more plausible than getting lucky and shooting him the head while he is posed as a linebacker and lunging. Guess when you have nothing you start up the fog machine.

:stormingmad:

The PTB are repaving my road so the internet is jacked, you have to watch the modem and when the blinky light is on four, load page quickly. So hln it is.

but wth heck happened to juror 8?

I was cleaning and walked in the livingroom to see JW doing the same tap dance with Dr Horn about "but you don't KNOW it went through the brain" I just had to plop down on the couch in disbelief. WTH was she thinking?

Agreed. I think too many people try to make sense out of the senseless. Sure, it would be more convenient if JA shot first, but 1) No one but JA really knows what happened in that bathroom, 2) Do we really expect a borderline personality to take sensible action while killing her ex-boyfriend in a rage? 3) Knives are more "personal" and are often the weapon of choice when it comes to revenge-style killings.

Why JA brought a gun to a knife fight I'll never know, but I would pose that it was a back-up. Turns out she didn't need the gun after all, so she shot him at the end to add insult to injury.

If you approach the "problem" objectively, following the physical evidence and limited by the physical evidence, you will arrive somewhere near the truth of what happened.
If you approach it subjectively, for example; What would I do? Why would anyone do ____? She was so small, and he was so big, so she probably did _________. Why bring a gun if she wasn't going to ______?
If you use a subjective approach to solving what happened, your conclusions are, by definition, speculation.

Guys, remember, we're all just guessing as to how Juror 8 would vote. We really don't know anything for sure. So even if we "liked" him, that doesn't mean he wasn't going to go with JA's bullcrap story. This may be a blessing.
And there's no way of knowing how the others are leaning either. We almost never have any insight into what a jury's thinking at this point - we're all on a wing and a prayer.

Think about some of the jury questions that bring up Jodi's lying, over and over again, through practically every defense witness! Questions asked repeatedly if anyone ever saw Travis mistreat Jodi - and each one, regardless of witness apart from Jodi herself, said no. The jury itself called her out for being controlling and manipulative.

The same jury that will deliberate her fate.

I think I took it a different way. If Travis was alive and was shot and began gushing blood out the nose and mouth wouldn't there be blood where she said he was shot? This juror may believe the contention that there was very little bleeding because Travis was dead when he was shot.

Anyone agree with this?

Hope you're right!

He is certified and I believe him over a liar any day of the week. Especially with nearly 18years under his belt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

yes. I know. I am not questioning this ME and his experience.

I was speaking in general as to why people may not always take a MEs word. and why some believe the facts of this case are different than what the ME is saying. Fact is, not all MEs are competent enough to be doing autopsies and mistakes are made all over this country and many don't know this. Their history, education, record, etc. must always be a factor in accepting their results.

again, I am not questioning the reliability of this ME....it was just a general response as to maybe why some are.

When they said a short court day today, they weren't kidding! This being the JA trial, we had to throw in a bomb and/or drug-sniffing dog and another disappearing juror. :facepalm:

Well, real life beckons. No excuses left!
:seeya:

BK just said on HLN that some of the photos shown today had not been presented in court before.

Not to mention Juror #8 gone

Yes,but was Juror #8 in his seat..he could have been in the gallery

The ME addressed being impaled through the brain by an object vs a gunshot the first time he was on the stand. Apparently gases expanding with a gunshot cause a lot more damage. You might want to go back and watch his first testimony.

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't start following this trial until JA took the stand, in fact prior to that I had no idea who she was and what this was all about. Got sucked in, so I will go back and watch the testimony from when he first took the stand. I'm sure it's on youtube somewhere.

Thank you!

Perhaps Juror 8 had something personal come up of an important nature?

When a trial drags on for this long the likelihood of someone having a family emergency like an illness or death of a relative goes up. It is part of daily life especially for those of a **certain age**.

In the last year in our family alone we have had a car accident that involved minor injuries, an unexpected cancer diagnosis requiring surgery and treatments, knee surgery that required someone to help take care of someone in the family. All required my assistance and availability to my family members.

I am not saying this is what happened to this juror, but honestly I would not be surprised if a juror had a legitimate unexpected personal reason to need to be dismissed. As the days march on, the greater the chance that someone has something happen within their family or themselves.

For those who believe the gunshot came first, please know the defense team would have brought in an expert ME to contradict Dr. Horne's testimony. They did not.

However, I do believe one or more jurors are looking hard to find a reason not to convict Jodi of first degree murder. She a young white female. A murderer who slaughtered a man. But for some reasoning this country, we will send a young man to death row without batting an eyelash and turn the other way when it is a pretty female.

Of course, IMO, Jodi is no longer pretty but she does has sympathy for some reason. Strange.
I accept the State's theory of the sequence of events and your point about the DT not bringing in its own expert ME is an excellent one. That said, I think it's possible for a juror to believe Jodi may have shot Travis first to incapacitate him before the butchering commenced without looking for a reason to not convict her of first degree murder. Listening to Beth Karas discuss the graphic photos of Travis's wounds that were shown to the jury for the first in court today--it's really hard to believe that any juror is thinking much about Jodi and her looks. I agree that if the roles were reversed, a male defendant would have been on a fast track to the death chamber.

What happened to the Chase women, did state really rest??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member