trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a juror be dismissed because the DT or the PA requests it?

I do not know the legalities but I would say yes for a good reason.
I'm going to wait to see what is found out before I speculate, quite sure
many of those reporters are on it now lol like bloodhounds.

If you approach the "problem" objectively, following the physical evidence and limited by the physical evidence, you will arrive somewhere near the truth of what happened.
If you approach it subjectively, for example; What would I do? Why would anyone do ____? She was so small, and he was so big, so she probably did _________. Why bring a gun if she wasn't going to ______?
If you use a subjective approach to solving what happened, your conclusions are, by definition, speculation.

Thank you for stating that so succinctly.

Does anyone know if cameras or phones (with cameras) are permitted to operate in the courtroom?

I know we heard ALV's phone while she was delivering testiphony.

Could observers, jurors, etc. take pictures with a device, either overtly or surreptitiously?

Then, why wouldn't the judge make that announcement right away as the other jurors didn't see him there?

But Beth on HLN said some saw him walking out and a reporter tried to question him and he said he would not be making a statement.

JMHO, but:

1. I don't read too much into the jury questions. Questions can be to confirm an opinion, or challenge an opinion.

2. One can believe the gunshot came first and still be entirely consistent in rationalizing premeditation.

3. There is zero evidence that Travis had a gun in the closet or ever owned a gun.

4. There is ample evidence to discount JA's preposterous "emaculate shelf-climbing" gun retrieval bollocks.

5. The DT never addressed Brewer's testimony that JA called him to borrow 2 gas cans to GO TO MESA. (just listened back to that testimony a few days ago)

6. The DT never even challenged Jodi's lie about returning the gas can. Therefore, Jodi lied to the jury (after she looked them in the eye and told them that they should now believe her)

7. The "fog" is simply ridiculous, and the jury won't buy it.

8. The jury heard some stalking evidence from Dr. D, Mimi and others.

9. ZERO pedo evidence.

10. ZERO physical abuse evidence.

There is much more, which I am sure others will add. But, my point is that all of this should make everyone feel pretty good about where we are at right now. Sure, anything can happen, but the defense was really, really weak IMO. I was expecting at least one or two "bombshells" from the DT. And, I know where everyone will go next (what about the case we don't talk about?), but that was a case in which the state had trouble proving the "whodoneit" element. Not true here.

Methinks, Justice for Travis will be had. :rockon:

Guys-we are getting conflicting reports about #8..Beth says he was in court,someone else said he was not!!

I respectfully disagree with you Ranchgirl. Mimmy03 is correct. I don't like it but it's true! One example, is Gabrielle Giffords......

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/News/g...tors-surviving-gunshot-head/story?id=12573502

Let's just hope none of this kind of information gets to the jury! But even if it did, it shouldn't matter. It is very evident she murdered him with premediation! She butchered him! Whether it was before she shot him or after, the only difference it makes is that if she indeed shot him first, he may not have suffered as much. If she shot him last, she tortured him! Plain and simple, and for that reason she should get the death penalty!
BBM - That's true, but I don't think Gabrielle was able to get up or even move after she was shot.

Another question, I know JSS said that they were going to have the DT's witness on Wednesday and they were going to stay that day until they finished. Surely they won't stay past... say... 7pm. But with the antics the DT has been pulling lately, and KN's snail pace how can JSS guarantee they will finish this witness' testimony on Wednesday?

Also, if they will limit it to one day, will JSS ensure that JM will get ample time to do a cross examination and he won't be left with the last 30 min. of the day or something. The defense team's method of questioning and keeping witnesses on the stand for countless hours and unnecessary questions really irritates me.

Good point, however laying on the floor with an attacker over him whille shooting him in the head is a whole lot more plausible than getting lucky and shooting him the head while he is posed as a linebacker and lunging. Guess when you have nothing you start up the fog machine.

:stormingmad:

That was not Wilmott's point. She was insinuating that Travis had not had his throat slit in that photo (he wouldn't be able to lift his head), so the streaming blood was actually coming from his head and not a throat injury. Ergo, the gunshot came first.

Bad followups and cross examine by Juan. He let Wilmott poke holes.

I feel that after re-hearing Dr. Horn's testimony, there should be NO DOUBT in the juror's minds. There is no way Jodi's story can be true. I feel like they are wanting answers, naturally, as to the order of what happened, etc.. but they should know after hearing Dr. Horn again that her version is NOT TRUE. What exactly actually happened we'll never know.

Well anyone see TA's family reaction about the juror being removed?? If they were upset then he wasn't removed at Juan's request.

FYI Scott Peterson lost two of the three jurors that were nixed during deliberations.

NO NONONO! Please tell me reports are wrong and this wasn't CEO!! Please!!

I know it's distressing to hear juror questions that seem to explore alternative theories or accept Jodi's story, but I wouldn't take them at face value. In many instances where you find someone who seems unreasonably skeptical, they're simply confirming their belief by arguing for the other side and seeing if they get the answer they expect. It's surprisingly common in adult learning. Anyone who has ever facilitated a seminar or workshop knows the type. They sit in the back of the room with their arms folded across their chest and sharpshoot every imagined inconsistency and demand proof of every assumption. At the end though, if you've been responsive and provide them with patient explanations, they're not only convinced, they can become zealots.

I haven't seen formal research about this, but in my experience these people are frequently a group I call "cautious risk takers". That sounds like an oxymoron, but it makes sense when you understand how their decision making process works. A cautious risk taker will spend a lot of time assessing pros and cons, gathering information, and imagining outcomes. They're not impulsive at all. At the end of their fact finding phase, however, they're not only decisive but they also will accept extremely high levels of risk. They just hate surprises. Once they believe that they know what the dangers are, they aren't deterred by the prospect of failure.

I think there are one or two jurors who fit this profile and might make deliberations longer than necessary, but in the end they'll be more convinced than anyone that the 1st degree/premeditation verdict is correct.

Excellent post - worth repeating so as not to be missed. This jury's questions have been intelligent, serious, and definitely indicate that they are thinking outside-of-the-box and considering alternative explanations for testimony that's been presented. I think that many questions that might have been on the minds of all of the jurors have been answered and that it won't take long for them to agree on a verdict. :moo:

When they said a short court day today, they weren't kidding! This being the JA trial, we had to throw in a bomb and/or drug-sniffing dog and another disappearing juror. :facepalm:

Well, real life beckons. No excuses left!
:seeya:

Good for you!! I can't get my lazy butt off of this computer... I was just thinking how depressed I am now that we don't have court until Wednesday.

Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

Juror 8, the note taker took the most notes of any juror that I saw. No reason why he was kicked out yet. #JodiArias

3m
Wild About Trial 2@WildaboutTrial2

Just got confirmation that juror 8 was the Note Taker. #JodiArias
Expand

Just because other people have survived gunshot wounds to the head or knives/spears, etc. doesn't mean that would have been the case here. It all depends which part of the brain was impacted. I would take the word of the ME. Please note that the defense did not put up their own expert to refute this testimony. There are many hired guns out there (Baden, Spitz, etc), but maybe even they couldn't be bought off.

Surviving it isn't even the question, imho. I know a guy with a .45 still in his head, lol! But he wasn't walking around and fighting after getting shot. He fell into a coma, etc. and was unconscious the whole time after being shot.

Certainly JA's story of talking is ridiculous, but for those who think he got shot first and then still fought JA, do you really think you could put up a fight with a bullet through the brain? Not in the head, through the brain?

I think folks may be thinking of those head injuries that skirted the brain, or I believe there are even 'holes' in the brain, so to speak, where you could be very lucky to have the bullet go through. Trajectory through which part matters. I think the ME knows his stuff AND the bizarre stories are true, like my friend's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16