trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoah, Sammie, how do you know that? (This was meant as a reply to:

Originally Posted by sammie View Post
Juror 8 (CEO got into some legal trouble last weekend)...prosecution asked that he be removed...granted.)

If this is true why did he sit thru morning testimony?

Beth on HLN just said Juror #8 was in the courtroom today...another reporter approached him and he refused to comment.
She has not reached out to him yet.

jose miguel ‏@reporterjmiguel 1m

It's important to note juror #8 was NOT in court today, his seat has been EMPTY ALL

Beth Karas on HLN just stated that juror 8 WAS in court today & was seated for the entire morning.

Took a lot of notes...this is bad. Juror 5 also took a lot of notes. KCL, forgive me if you've already noted this, but is this CEO? That would be bad, I've read in your notes that CEO seems like he's not buying any of defense's theory.??

I noticed yesterday JA eyeballing the jurors. My thought was uh-oh! JW came back to her desk, sat down, JA whispering, then she wrote something down (if I remember correctly), whispering, then JW looked directly at the jury. Oh no, I thought, they've got their eye on another one.

I think we should wait for Beth Karas to tell us what happened...lets not get carried away!!

I heard it as coming from the perspective that there was no blood found in the middle, so JA's story is false.

Though, DT could argue she cleaned that area with water.

Hope that's the case.

Beth Karas just said that only a handful of jurors have asked questions.

Does anybody know who the the doc is that is expected to testify for the re-re-buttal? And do we know if this doctor has already evaluated JA at some point in the past, recently, or is just going to read the test results/reports from Dr. Samuels and Dr. Demarte and give an opinion from those?

His name is Dr. Geffner, looonnnggg time colleague/aquaintance of DLV, edited at least one of her pamphlets/books/speeches.

Here's a link he was involved (not in a good way) with an Appellate case.
Quick page on him.
http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...2801.xml&docbase=CsLwAr3-2007-Curr&SizeDisp=7

jose miguel ‏@reporterjmiguel 1m

It's important to note juror #8 was NOT in court today, his seat has been EMPTY ALL

hmm.... Beth on HLN now said juror 8 was in court this morning

Beth on HLN just said Juror #8 was in the courtroom today...another reporter approached him and he refused to comment.
She has not reached out to him yet.

Can a juror be dismissed because the DT or the PA requests it?

Respectfully,disagree. I trust a scientist and expert in the field...not a liar!

I respectfully disagree with you Ranchgirl. Mimmy03 is correct. I don't like it but it's true! One example, is Gabrielle Giffords......

There are a number of different scenarios that make it possible to survive a gunshot to the brain.

"If it's a a glancing blow that injures the skull and a small amount of brain and doesn't go directly through the whole brain is one case," said Vespa. "People can also survive with parts of the brain missing."

"If the shooter is shorter and the bullet goes just through the frontal lobe, there could be near normal recovery," said Boockvar.

Doctors say smaller caliber bullets do less damage to the brain. They don't penetrate as much of the brain or will bounce off the skull.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/News/g...tors-surviving-gunshot-head/story?id=12573502

Let's just hope none of this kind of information gets to the jury! But even if it did, it shouldn't matter. It is very evident she murdered him with premediation! She butchered him! Whether it was before she shot him or after, the only difference it makes is that if she indeed shot him first, he may not have suffered as much. If she shot him last, she tortured him! Plain and simple, and for that reason she should get the death penalty!

IF the subrebuttal had not been allowed, they would be going onto jury instructions today, and then JM would have begun his closing arguments. Then assuming there was still no trial tomorrow, JW would have had the weekend to rewrite/finish hers and been back up early next week. Perhaps every cloud has a silver lining after all!

Jodi is going for a mistrial, just my opinion but time all tell..............

Does anyone know if there will be any further rebuttal witnesses? The Cancun PPL person, or the Chase Bank representative?
I understand there will be the surrebuttal witness, Dr. Geffner on Wednesday (per HLN just now) - but will he be the only witness? Or can Prosecution finish up with their last two, beforehand?
Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

The state rested today.

The ME addressed being impaled through the brain by an object vs a gunshot the first time he was on the stand. Apparently gases expanding with a gunshot cause a lot more damage. You might want to go back and watch his first testimony.

And the kinetic energy is much greater with a bullet, even a 25 caliber.

One thing is certain, Travis would not be screaming, "kill you *****", after sustaining such an injury.

Does anyone know if there will be any further rebuttal witnesses? The Cancun PPL person, or the Chase Bank representative?
I understand there will be the surrebuttal witness, Dr. Geffner on Wednesday (per HLN just now) - but will he be the only witness? Or can Prosecution finish up with their last two, beforehand?
Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
No more state witnesses - Juan rested in the rebuttal. The next time we'll hear Juan will be the cross of the DT's new witness, THEN......dat dat de dah...........closing arguments!!

BK on HLN now saying Juror #8 was in his seat today. But did not come back.

Male
Mid 50's
Married

I think we should wait for Beth Karas to tell us what happened...lets not get carried away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo