Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.
Unless you examined the actual butchered body of Travis Alexander, I will trust the ME that did.

Two seconds before that though she was looking down at a note from Nurmi. That's what made her smile.
Just speculating, but the note probably said, '3 down, 3 more to go' (about the jury). :twocents:

My brother was shot in his left cheek. Bullet lodged in his sinus. Although it was a M-16 round, it didn't exit. He lived about 2 hrs but was unconscious immediately.
OMG...

So sorry to hear about your brother :( I know how it feels to lose a loved one..sending a big hug your way ((((((hugs)))))) so sorry.

Ok...if that's the case, and I do mean "if"....Then fine, thanks for your time.

But remember this - if you can look over at that family sitting in utter agony because they've waited 5 long years for this justice -

And then, you can look at that defense team - doing everything in their power to slither their way out of holding this beast accountable. Willing to sacrifice ANYONE in their efforts to help Jodi get away with this blood bath -

And, you can say to yourself that because an extra 4 weeks has been required from your life - That somehow that is more important than this family finding justice in this courtroom? I don't know...I just can't believe this..

Think of it this way...maybe he felt sorry for Jodi but knew he'd have to argue for her so he gave up!!! :seeya::please:

What's happening today? I have been in court and could'nt watch.
1. Any witnesses? if so, who and generally what did they say - what points did they make?
2. Any drama? What and what outcome?
3. Is court now in session?
4. What's next?

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Medical Examiner--made the point loud and clear that Travis could not have attacked Jodi in any way after he was shot.
2. Juror #8 kicked off. We dunno why yet. Rumors rampant.
3. Court in session Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. AZ time.
4. Not sure.

What are you talking about?

I am talking about many many examples such as this one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9313065

"The analysis of 38 cases of head shots followed by physical activity reveals that injury to certain CNS-areas or the use of centre fire rifles and large handguns usually excludes a potential for subsequent physical activity. But physical activity is possible if the trajectory is restricted to the frontal brain or one temporal lobe only and if a projectile of low wounding potential has been used for this gunshot."

science!

For those who believe the gunshot came first, please know the defense team would have brought in an expert ME to contradict Dr. Horne's testimony. They did not.

However, I do believe one or more jurors are looking hard to find a reason not to convict Jodi of first degree murder. She a young white female. A murderer who slaughtered a man. But for some reasoning this country, we will send a young man to death row without batting an eyelash and turn the other way when it is a pretty female.

Of course, IMO, Jodi is no longer pretty but she does has sympathy for some reason. Strange.

I have totally thought this all along. IF CA had also been a male he would be on death row right now JMO. To me it is sad that we are so sexually biased in more ways than just the legal system.

BBM: And he can blame Jodi and her DT for ALL the delay-stall tactics !

MOO !

It's ALWAYS good for the defense to drag out trials. It wears jurors down and distances damaging testimony from the minds of the jurors. Jodi's DT meant to drag out the testimony.

1. Any witnesses? if so, who and generally what did they say - what points did they make?
4. What's next?

- Court is over and will resume on Wednesday May 1 ...

- Juror #8 has been released ... being reported now it was due to his "work schedule."

- I missed the ME's testimony so maybe someone else will be able to help !

I hope that helps !

But remember this - if you can look over at that family sitting in utter agony because they've waited 5 long years for this justice -

And then, you can look at that defense team - doing everything in their power to slither their way out of holding this beast accountable. Willing to sacrifice ANYONE in their efforts to help Jodi get away with this blood bath -

And, you can say to yourself that because an extra 4 weeks has been required from your life - That somehow that is more important than this family finding justice in this courtroom? I don't know...I just can't believe this..

Please. No one knows the reasons. Bashing a juror is rather premature, IMO. Who knows what his setup was and what sacrifices he had been making.

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

Dr. Horn actually did NOT testify that it couldn't happen. He said it could, he just didn't feel it could have in this particular case but even with that he wasn't 100% certain.

So, we lost CEO? That's terrible. He was a good one for our side. He took tons of notes and seemed very skeptical.

I think JA stabbed him 1st but it wasn't as easy as she thought it would be.. I think he managed to get way but was staggering down the hall collapsing then she slit his throat.. Drug him back into the bathroom etc

I think perhaps the reason why she 'shot' him was in fact that maybe air still trapped in his lungs caused gurgle or death moan and JA's 119 IQ didn't realize he was in fact dead having had so much blood loss but thought he was still alive which she couldn't have him survive telling who did this thus shot him to make sure dead.

possibilities by asking the appropriate expert themselves, without "spin" by either side. I find it diligent and good for ALL the jurors to hear these facts repeatedly. They haven't been given any instructions yet nor been allowed to discuss this with anyone so the reasons for the questions can be as varied as the minds of the people invovled.

Maybe I'm on the jury and my mind is pretty made up but I know we have to deliberate with 11 other people. What will we be arguing about? Get clarification on those items so there's less "facts" to argue over. That's what the jury does, they are the "fact finders", that is their basic province. Not justice, not penalties but deciding the facts of the case and then applying the law to those facts. That's why jury instructions are as fought over as hard, if not harder, then anything else in a trial.

There might be some who think she did shoot him first. :frown:

And, you can say to yourself that because an extra 4 weeks has been r this courtroom? I don't know...I jequired from your life - That somehow that is more important than this family finding justice inust can't believe this..

He was told one thing & other is happening

You know-I feel for Travis's family..I really do,but this juror has a family to that may need his income to survive.Most households need 2 incomes to get their bills met...I can't imagine his wife carrying the load by herself if they have 3 kids..I am just speculating there!!!but Please don't think I don't feel for Travis's family cause I do..but life has to go on for other families..
Please don't throw anything at me..I am just saying that some people can't do jury duty for 5 months

4 weeks pay is a 1200.00 lost in my household.thats a lot of money to lose

4. What's next?

the state rested

I know I'm really behind stuck with HLN and just getting home from work, but I have to ask: WTH is HLN showing Jodi almost the whole time during the ME's testimony??? Who cares if she's fake-crying??? Shave her head and make her look at what she did to that poor man!!! Don't let her hide behind her mangy hair!!! #tickedoffintexas

That's all. I'm duct-taping my mouth before Jenny gets up to cross. I really don't want a TO. It's like prison time to me not to be able to comment and click. :/

I agree with Dr Horn. This is a brutal murder, so it's possible that multiple examinations were done. I also believe that a person would go down after being shot in the face. Combined with the fear factor- only way I can think of to phrase it- he may have frozen when she pulled out the gun, I can see the shot being last. She may have taunted him. He may have had fight or flight and knocked it out of her hand. There's usually a bit of truth in a liar's story. She became enraged- that was the final "defiance" hence the brutal stabbing. Everytime he fought back, it got worse for Travis. I keep thinking of her alibi Othello invite, her almost animalistic tendencies, and its so much like a Ted Bundyesque killing. Thank God she got caught. If only she got caught before or stopped. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021