trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly cannot wait! When the time comes, that we see all the items such as emails, text messages, im's, I want to know what made Travis so mad, what hurt him so badly that he went off the way he did.
There are numerous of these that we have not seen, or does someone have them, and I just haven't seen them. I have only seen partial pieces of these items.
As we know there is so much that we have not been able to see, because it has been kept out due to being prejudicial for the defense of JA.
I want to know what and why!!

He was being used and doubt he knew it until one day when he did not please the :bigfight:spider....

I think the reason I always thought the gun shot came first because it is hard to believe that after the 1st stab he couldn't get the knife from her. Expecially when fearing for your life. I would think he would have knocked her butt down or something.

The stab wound to the chest almost perforated his heart sack, his lungs were immeditately filling with fluid. She's continually stabbing...

He was naked, wet and now dying...
:facepalm:

I find it hard to he spent all this time and is quitting at the last couple of days.

If that tweet is accurate, he was told that the current estimated end date is 5/15 - and he wasn't able to commit for that length of time. And if he was given that 5/15 date, he may have figured at least another 2 weeks after that. The trial has already way overshot the estimated length that was given in the beginning. I haven't heard or read they were told to carve out nearly the first half of the year for jury duty. moo

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

All bullet wounds are not created equal.

A penetrating GSW is not necessarily the same as a 'pass-through' injury.

Travis's was an intracerebral wound in which the .25 caliber slug not only penetrated the brain's frontal lobe after it passed through his skull, expanding as a result, but actually passed through the frontal lobe and certainly inflicted significant brain damage along its lengthy path.

"The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior. The frontal lobes are extremely vulnerable to injury due to their location at the front of the cranium, proximity to the sphenoid wing and their large size. MRI studies have shown that the frontal area is the most common region of injury following mild to moderate traumatic brain injury (Levin et al., 1987)."

BBM

Does anyone really believe that she shot him in the head, he fell, got up, swore at her, chased her through the closet, down the hall, and back into the bathroom -- all after a bullet expanded as it passed through his brain and lodged in his jaw/cheek?

It didn't happen.

I read this on the State vs Jodi Arias FB Page and I think it is very compelling:

I just read some of the comments on the page and realised that we all have our doubts at time. We are scared that Arias will get off or that she will get a lesser charge of LWOP or even LWP.

Then, today, I got a link of the crime scene photos, and while I looked at them I realised that the JURY will see these horrid photos. These photos were so clear, but horrid that I could not even drink a glass of water, that is how sick I felt.

I then knew that if the Jury will look at those pics, which they will, there is NO NO NO way Arias will get anything less than Death. Those photos are heart wrenching. Not even a pure bred pitbull terrier will mutilate a person like Arias did to Travis. I understand how strong evil can be and Arias was the prime example given to mankind to show us the true meaning.

She MUTILATED Travis for NO reason. She walked away with a sore finger. She will get nothing less than death. And, she knows it!

Reality is setting in for her. She knows her time is up. Esteban put that final nail in her coffin today.

Her breathing was extremely shallow today and her forehead frowned and stressed.

Her lady friend lawyer is only trying to keep her spirits up, as even she knows her client's time is up. Those friendly giggles and smiles they exchange between them, are only a way that Willmott keeps Arias' wrath under control !

The defense is doing an excellent job, Jodi can be really grateful that she had a team like them to have supported and stood by her and fought for her.

There will be NO room for any appeal, NONE. Kirk Nurmi made sure of that. All the mistrials he applied for, all the complaints made, every single thing that the two of them did, was to make sure Arias does NOT get a retrial.

Jodi will sit on death row and she will realise that the very people that fought for her in Court will not come to her aid any longer.

We will see a picture once every blue moon of Arias on death row, her face fading, her eyes tired, grey hair. She will wish she is dead.

Once she is sent to death row, Nurmi and Willmott will go on with their lives, sit back and thank God that Arias will not see the light of day again.

****Any thoughts???*****

Well, it IS science.

but my opinion is based on actually real life examples of people being shot in the brain and remaining conscious, walking and talking.

it happens and I have posted many examples of it

Some people will be knocked out with a bb gun and others can withstand horrific damage from large caliber guns and remain conscious.

the frontal lobe does not control any motor functions, it's mostly for memory and sensory tasks

far more damaging and certain to cause unconsciousness would be an injury to the brain stem - a shot to the back of the head or base of the skull where it joins the neck

I'm sorry,

Dr. Horn's testimony is just not compatible with known facts of people surviving and remaining conscious with these types of wounds

not that it happens every time

but it happens

it is NOT scientific to make a statement that it COULD NOT HAVE happened.

it could have and has on many other occasions.

Exactly. Anything is quite possible. I don't think he can definitively rule out that it immediately incapacitated him. And that is why he used words like "probably incapacitating".

Just because he is a doctor doesn't mean he can't be wrong. I nearly lost my life because of a condition a doctor thought wasn't possible for me to have.

I don't think the murder occurred the way JA, I don't believe a word she says. I don't think he went after JA, I don't think she was defending herself EVER. I think if any movement he was making after being shot was to protect himself (defensive wounds on hands) and to get away from JA. Even if I don't believe the ME doesn't mean I don't think JA murdered TA. I even believe it was premeditated.

I feel that after re-hearing Dr. Horn's testimony, there should be NO DOUBT in the juror's minds. There is no way Jodi's story can be true. I feel like they are wanting answers, naturally, as to the order of what happened, etc.. but they should know after hearing Dr. Horn again that her version is NOT TRUE. What exactly actually happened we'll never know.

I also found it odd that JA just sat with her head turned, crying out her nose again. If her version were true I would think she would be looking straight at him, shaking her head, I would.

Please. No one knows the reasons. Bashing a juror is rather premature, IMO. Who knows what his setup was and what sacrifices he had been making?

Um, which is why I said "if" it's true, and only "if"...I understand that we have nothing BUT speculation right now.

That said, my point was to say to this juror, IF in fact this is true - and we don't know that yet - then I don't care WHAT your job is - up to and including being president of a country - 4 additional weeks of your life is NOT more important than Stephen, Samantha, Tanisha and the rest of Travis' family claiming justice for their dead brother. There is no comparison, no argument - it's not.

We don't know the reason yet - I couldn't be more clear about that.

Why is the judge dragging this trial out? We will lose more jurors the longer this trial lasts.

Blame DT. Judge is striving for fair trial with no possibility of appeals. JMO

Gunshot = scenario put forth by JA to support her defense lies

Stab/slit throat = crazy psycho killing someone in the shower w/ gunshot last ... just because

I don't really care about the gun shot except that JA is lying when she said she shot him first. The big news today was JM got Dr. Horn to testify that TA was ALIVE when JA slit his throat. That goes to first degree murder.

imo jm did a fine job today. for the next 5days the jury will see in their minds the pics of ta and remember doc horn saying ja slit ta's throat while he was alive. they remember the pic of the blood streaming over his shoulder laying at the end of the hall, ta's heart had to have been beating for that to happen. imo powerful testimony. moo huge blow for the dt that there is such a long recess. jmo

I am getting sick to my stomach again thinking about what happened to Travis. Sometimes it's just too much.

Signing off for a bit to try to get rid of this feeling. See ya, peeps!

this may have been a short day...
but it sure was a sickening one..
Love to the family of Ta!:loveyou::Banane41:

Wilmott just before the jury came back in.
wilmottsmile_zps646c6640.jpg

Another juror gone....she is ecstatic!!

JW was laughing at something that Nurmi wrote but looking to the corner of the court. Shameful no matter what. I don't think she was laughing because of CEO but was no doubt happy about that too ju st because I bet she'd still love a mistrial. I'm so glad closing arguments are next week.

I wonder if the DT is creating the "death threats" and "bomb threats" in a desperate attempt to create a mistrial as the clock ticks down ...

I am talking about many many examples such as this one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9313065

"The analysis of 38 cases of head shots followed by physical activity reveals that injury to certain CNS-areas or the use of centre fire rifles and large handguns usually excludes a potential for subsequent physical activity. But physical activity is possible if the trajectory is restricted to the frontal brain or one temporal lobe only and if a projectile of low wounding potential has been used for this gunshot."

science!

You are talking about 38 specific cases out of how many? And not looking at the facts in this one. That's naive science.

Plus, I was referring to your statement that the frontal lobes do not control motor function. They most certainly do, as this is what my training tells me and this is what any textbook will confirm.

Nothing personal--it just fascinates me how people can look at a set of facts yet use personal experience to arrive at a conclusion. Kind of like ALV.

What's happening today? I have been in court and could'nt watch.
1. Any witnesses? if so, who and generally what did they say - what points did they make?
2. Any drama? What and what outcome?
3. Is court now in session?
4. What's next?

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ME came back for rebuttle. Some think he was a bit inconsistant, but most do not. He was able to reiterate that JA slashed TA's throat while he was still alive.

There were some juror questions

Juror question . . JA said she shot TA in bathroom - if true bleeding from nose and mouth wouldn't there be blood in bathroom?
yes

is it possible you can be wrong about gunshot first and TA
I don't think so

if bullet had not passed thru brain (he could ambulate)

requires a bleeding heart

100 - 200 times injuries from a 25 caliber weapon (seen)

JM -
sequencing of events

would bullet immediately capacitating
brain injury
cannt walk for minutes could take a few steps because initiative already taken

based on this bullet wound able to get up under any circumstances and walk around?
no

no further questions

JW -
you were asked about knife wound . . .lots of blood coming from there
yes

lots of blood @ end of hallway . . .
an injury of some kind happened there -don't remember photos

25 caliber can be deflected by bone

neck wound can't hold up head and no sit up at all - most likely can't sit up
depend on where they land - if they are sitting in chair when happens
but they would be slumped over
right

Jury out into jury room - will call ya back later

JA looks as if she might vomit (IMO)

TY wenwe!!

JW was weak IMO

The State rested

Juror #8 dismissed for work related issues is the twitter goings on.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member