trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This defense attorney is wrong. The ME NEVER said it would not have been incapacitating. I haven watched his original testimony twice. He is just following Willmott's lead and assuming she's right or that's what's she's saying. He needs to listen to the testimony himself.

I certainly cannot wait! When the time comes, that we see all the items such as emails, text messages, im's, I want to know what made Travis so mad, what hurt him so badly that he went off the way he did.
There are numerous of these that we have not seen, or does someone have them, and I just haven't seen them. I have only seen partial pieces of these items.
As we know there is so much that we have not been able to see, because it has been kept out due to being prejudicial for the defense of JA.
I want to know what and why!!

Remember that there had to be blood already on the floor for the bullet casing to fall on.

Was the bullet casing found on the floor near the shower opening? She probably propped TA up against the opening, shot him, and repositioned herself inside the shower for the final drag in.

She's asked this question before while pointing to the picture with the pant leg, stockinged foot, and Travis with blood running down his right shoulder, and his foot closest to the bathroom end of the hallway. You all know that photo. The 'dragging' photo. She wants people to believe that Travis was holding his head and arm up, instead of him being physically moved by JA, or his head resting on some part of her body while she holds his arm up.
ETA: and that the blood is from the gunshot wound to his head, instead of his slashed throat. → gunshot first theory of the defense.

I believe that Jodi was holding his head up with her hand that is unfortunately obstructed by her leg in the photo. He's clearly not conscious. I mean, look at that LIMP foot!

Juan brought it home this morning!!! The jury will have Dr. Horn's expert testimony to ponder for FIVE days and nights! Did anyone on the Defense team, including the Defendant herself, expect to get away with this cockamamie tale of a dropped camera, an enraged wet, naked man, a super-human body slam on a wet, slippery tile floor, followed by a 'run for your life' foot chase to a closet shelf harboring a non-existent 25 caliber gun? Puleeze!!!

The only thing left for the DT is to call for 'clean up on aisle 2'! It's over! They pulled their last, pathetic little stunt by calling JA's elderly Grandmother as a ploy to elicit sympathy from the jury. How low can you go? I hope someone had the decency to remove her from the courtroom this morning before the gruesome autopsy photos were shown.

JA has five days left to plan something spectacular to derail this trial. Will she try to pull an escape next week? Will she have a nervous breakdown and plead for mercy? Will she start speaking in tongues and plead insanity? Or will she bring a gun and try to kill herself on national TV? She is NOT going to go gently into that dark night!

Stay tuned!

I have totally thought this all along. IF CA had also been a male he would be on death row right now JMO. To me it is sad that we are so sexually biased in more ways than just the legal system.

I respectfully disagree. Male or female the Pineallas 12 would have NEVER convicted anyone. They were not the type of jury that could process circumstantial evidence they were a CSI jury they needed a videotape of the murder to convict.

Ohhhhh not the 'which really came first the >chicken or the egg gunshot or the knife stab yet again. Can we not just work with what the M.E. said? His testimony is the official version.

- Court is over and will resume on Wednesday May 1 ...

- Juror #8 has been released ... being reported now it was due to his "work schedule."

- I missed the ME's testimony so maybe someone else will be able to help !

I hope that helps !

Excellent! So I guess Dr. Horn testified again. in his initial testimony I think he left some wiggle room when it came to being shot first. How about this time?

I hope he negated Travis' being able to lunge, screaming at her like a linebacker with a gun shot to his head. I think we can all agree he was in no shape to do that!!!!!

I think the reason I always thought the gun shot came first because it is hard to believe that after the 1st stab he couldn't get the knife from her. Expecially when fearing for your life. I would think he would have knocked her butt down or something.

I am talking about many many examples such as this one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9313065

"The analysis of 38 cases of head shots followed by physical activity reveals that injury to certain CNS-areas or the use of centre fire rifles and large handguns usually excludes a potential for subsequent physical activity. But physical activity is possible if the trajectory is restricted to the frontal brain or one temporal lobe only and if a projectile of low wounding potential has been used for this gunshot."

science!

I don't think the Dr.'s testimony really contradicts this. He didn't say it's always impossible for everyone, he said in this case he doesn't think it's possible.

Ok...if that's the case, and I do mean "if"....Then fine, thanks for your time.

But remember this - if you can look over at that family sitting in utter agony because they've waited 5 long years for this justice -

And then, you can look at that defense team - doing everything in their power to slither their way out of holding this beast accountable. Willing to sacrifice ANYONE in their efforts to help Jodi get away with this blood bath -

And, you can say to yourself that because an extra 4 weeks has been required from your life - That somehow that is more important than this family finding justice in this courtroom? I don't know...I just can't believe this..

We don't know what conflicts he might have. Scheduled surgery. A child's wedding. A job that stands to be lost. Frankly, he could just be mentally and physically unable to take it anymore.

Jurors in a trial like this can find themselves close to physical and psychological breakdowns, even with the finish line in sight. They may become so embittered at the way they'd had to put their lives on hold, and may feel so desperate and "trapped in a cage," that they recognize they are no longer impartial.

Remember -- we get to talk to each other about this trial and blow off steam when it stresses us. We can do something else to amuse ourselves during a sidebar or a recess. Those jurors can do little more than chat about the weather with one another. When they go home, they can't talk about what they've seen and heard, or even turn on the TV or the radio or surf the web to see news from the rest of the country, lest they stumble across some trial coverage. While I understand your frustration that this juror couldn't just hold on a little longer, I have sympathy for the position they're in. This trial has been torturous enough to watch on TV: imagine having to sit there, day after day, and listen to it all with your mouth shut. They're going to need therapy after this!

Back to the jurors' questions today's weren't the best ever. I was expecting to be bowled over but I wasn't...

Maybe juror #8 asked a question that wasn't part of testimony -- maybe a question he had seen on tv

I find it hard to beleive he spent all this time and is quitting at the last couple of days.

Yea but as KCL said in the observer thread, if it's first degree murder, then it goes back to DP, aggravation, and mitigating...which obviously is going to take tiiimmmeee cause Nurmi and Wilmott are sooooo slooowww. I think Juror 8 realized he could be here for another month or two.

Have a good LONG weekend folks! Cook, clean and prepare for Wed, Thurs & Fri. Enjoy life and pray for justice! :please:

Why is the judge dragging this trial out? We will lose more jurors the longer this trial lasts.

I am getting sick to my stomach again thinking about what happened to Travis. Sometimes it's just too much.

Signing off for a bit to try to get rid of this feeling. See ya, peeps!

Keep all the women, get rid of some of the men.

JMO but I feel like there is more of a chance that a woman could believe the abuse claim than a man. Maybe their own personal experiences with abuse might cloud their thinking. I want men on the jury. Some real abused people will recognize Jodi's BS for what it is, but there is always a chance that someone will think that Travis had it coming. I keep thinking about the broadway play "Chicago". Please, please let this jury do the right thing, Travis needs justice.

I think JA stabbed him 1st but it wasn't as easy as she thought it would be.. I think he managed to get way but was staggering down the hall collapsing then she slit his throat.. Drug him back into the bathroom etc

I think perhaps the reason why she 'shot' him was in fact that maybe air still trapped in his lungs caused gurgle or death moan and JA's 119 IQ didn't realize he was in fact dead having had so much blood loss but thought he was still alive which she couldn't have him survive telling who did this thus shot him to make sure dead.

This has been my thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member