Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation Discovery Channel? My son, when he was younger, because of my tendency to watch that channel constantly, called it the "dead people" channel. I never allowed him to watch it, but thought that label he gave it was amusing.

I used to watch this channel at night. I can't sleep without the tv on, the quiet wakes me up. It's one of the few channels that doesn't go to paid programming which also wakes me up. I started having nightmares around the shows I was hearing in my sleep. Now I watch Hallmark Movie channel...lol Murder She Wrote and Matlock all night.

I believe when the guilty verdict is read, Jodi will nod her head with a huge smirk and say to JW, "I knew it! See? I told you!" Then she will shrug and look to the gallery and say, "Guess we'll get busy to rush my appeal."

She's such a smarty-pants. She will have to show the world that she's not surprised and that she has, "everything under control." :clown:

And I'll bet dimes to donuts that when they come back in to give their verdict JA will give them the evil eye that says "What happened to Travis can happen to you if you say guilty" :twocents:

Sorta O/T...

But I was just looking over the cases of the 3 women who sit on AZ Death Row and learned that one of them was just recently overturned (Debra Milke). Her conviction was just recently thrown out after 20 something years due to misconduct by the prosecution. And then I went onto read about Shawna Forde, she orchestrated a horrible crime in which a 9 year old little girl and father were killed during a robbery (the mother was also seriously injured). Anyway, I was reading an article and read some comments jurors had made about deciding upon the death penalty. It seems that they had a very difficult time reaching a decision whether or not to apply the DP. That crime involved an innocent little girl, and if anyone deserves the DP -it's someone who murders a child!!! It got me thinking about this jury and whether or not they will give JA the DP. Only 3 women have been sentenced to the DP in AZ since the 1930's I believe. I'll have happy if she gets life without the chance of parole, but would be fine if she gets the DP because I think she deserves it. However, it's hard to say what the jury will vote for - it doesn't seem like juries are willing to give women the DP as much as they are men.

I know nothing about the cases you're referring to, but just from what I read it said the one with the little girl happened during a robbery...so that makes me think maybe the jurors saw it differently than like this case where Jodi setting up a trip on purpose to torture a man. I don't know. And do you know if that other woman took the stand? I know it's gotta be hard in that situation as a juror, but IMO in this case Jodi lied directly to the jurors about virtually everything.

But what about the pool on the carpet? What was the purpose of taking him to the carpet? She would had to have dragged him there if his throat was slit.

And what of the right hand mark on the lower wall by the closet door on the threshold to the bedroom? It appears that Travis had grabbed that wall right where that large blood pool is on the carpet.

Crazy thought... Don't throw 'maters at me please...

but could Jodi have tried to put a bloody hand print of Travis's over her own bloody handprint to try to cover her own blood?

that would explain some of the unexplainable (to me) dragging...

:dunno:

Or maybe he's afraid that if they don't come out with the right outcome that he could end up like the jury in Fl. How do you think people will react if their verdict is hung?

Dear God...I have to believe that isn't going to happen. So many of us are emotionally attached to Travis, almost like we knew him. Worse, a hung jury means another trial. No one, least of all his family, are strong enough to go through this again.

Gunshot or stabbed? If she shot him first, premeditated, she stole the gun, drove to his house with a gun in the car knowing what she would do for 6 hours, not self defense, premeditated.

Knife, I cannot see it. She did not steal a knife, no proof of any knife.

All this mumbo jumbo, if I was to kill anyone, as a woman, I would kill them with a gun. Easy,
and clean. Boom, boom. No mess to clean up. Do it in the shower.

Makes a lot more sense than stabbing someone. A huge mess to clean.

She showed up with the gun, shot him once, the gun jammed, he was still alive spitting blood into the sink, she freaked out that he was still alive, got a knife and started to stab him in the back, hoping he would die, but it did not work, he was running for the front door, and that is where she stabbed him to death and ***** his throat, just to make sure.

This medical examiner was not too convincing today.

Flores said the gun shot came first. And I truly believe that.

If she shot him first, premeditated.

Stabbing, not so much.

My opinion..
BBM: Even if your opinion is correct, that is still premeditation, if he was at the sink spitting blood, she could have fled, she chose to stab him instead, that's premeditated.

Gunshot or stabbed? If she shot him first, premeditated, she stole the gun, drove to his house with a gun in the car knowing what she would do for 6 hours, not self defense, premeditated.

All this mumbo jumbo, if I was to kill anyone, as a woman, I would kill them with a gun. Easy,

She showed up with the gun, shot him once, the gun jammed, he was still alive spitting blood into the sink, she freaked out that he was still alive, got a knife and started to stab him in the back, hoping he would die, but it did not work, he was running for the front door, and that is where she stabbed him to death and ***** his throat, just to make sure.

This medical examiner was not too convincing today.

Stabbing, not so much.

My opinion..

There is certainly proof of a knife. The proof is in the autopsy report. Choice of weapon has nothing to do with premeditation, and with the amount of women that have killed with knives, I couldn't say no woman would use one. I personally find a ME more credible about it than a police detective on this matter. For me, no amount of mess in the place can rule out premeditation. Murder is messy, especially if the victim wants to live.

I have some questions also, do you or anyone know if a police report was submitted into evidence? Does anyone know how many bullets were left at the grandparents house for that gun? Were the grandparents ever called as witnesses?

Her grandfather said the gun was loaded with jacked hollow-point ammo. The grandparents weren't called as witnesses as far as I know. I don't know if any bullets to the stolen gun were found at the house; I'm guessing not. I don't know if the police report was submitted into evidence, but that's a good question. I don't remember it being shown to the jury, but I can't remember many things from this case; especially from the beginning. There are several days of testimony that I never watched.

I almost think Gus could of been a catalyst for the angry May25 texts.. I just can't piece that part together. It seems that Gus knew alot about Jodi's and Travis' relationship. And, there were many others who had no clue, including Deanna Reid.

Same here. Good questions.

Why was Gus giving her phones anyway? Who was paying the bill? Was this a PPL phone or a phone for personal use?

My mind always goes into the gutter when I think of Gus and Jodi. I don't want to get in trouble again here and get a t/o...but heebs. That relationship gives me the heebs! Something weird there.

Crazy thought... Don't throw 'maters at me please...

but could Jodi have tried to put a bloody hand print of Travis's over her own bloody handprint to try to cover her own blood?

that would explain some of the unexplainable (to me) dragging...

:dunno:

No. The hand print is not messy or printed over in any way on that wall.

It's really depressing to watch the MSM, but I really wanted to hear what Linda had to say. I have been so overwhelmed with work, injuries, car issues, work travel, corporate drama...but I can't help but come back to the trial videos at night and hold TA's family in my thoughts. I feel strongly that JA will be convicted and honestly, it's one of the main hopes that is keeping me strong enough to face my days. I imagine what TA's family continues to endure and it gives me perspective. I look forward to a long weekend with my granddaughter's and conference prep. Juan's got this... I hope the jury has a quick deliberation.

She showed up with the gun, shot him once, the gun jammed, he was still alive spitting blood into the sink, she freaked out that he was still alive, got a knife and started to stab him in the back, hoping he would die, but it did not work, he was running for the front door, and that is where she stabbed him to death and ***** his throat, just to make sure.This medical examiner was not too convincing today.

Stabbing, not so much.

My opinion..

He was RUNNING for the door?? Did you heard Dr. Horn's testimony today?? And what part of his testimony was not convincing? Are you confused about the time between the 1 second and 3 seconds where he says he could have possibly been able to do something? After that, INCAPACITATED. So where in those 2 seconds are you confused about? What part of that is unclear?
Sorry, it's just that to me it was very clear. I also heard Eiglarsh on DD tonight say he "left the door open" to other possiblities...NO HE DID NOT. I am so confused why people are confused about a time where he could be functioning which spans 2 seconds or at the most maybe 5 seconds??

I told my kids individually so they were sure it wasn't meant for the other two...that should they ever do anything even close to this crime they needn't look for my support in the courtroom. I understand that maybe her family is there to save her life. My point with my kids is: you know it's wrong if you do it. So they can choose to stay out of trouble or choose not to have me there if they get in trouble. I absolutely would not sit there in support of a cold blooded murderer, even if it was my own child.
I completely agree!!! I don't get Cindy Anthony and her unconditional love. My love for my child is conditional- you murder someone you lose it!

I'm reading juror #8 was possibly arrested for DUI? I'm usually the last to know these things so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RXrKWuoR
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-officer-hes-on-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused

Good job, Christee... As always!

:thumb:

BBM~ Doubt it? Why you ask. Because the LE would of found it when they searched the home either before or after Jodi's arrest.

Unless a family member disposed of the gun? :what:

RBM The stolen gun from grandpa is what I'm struggling with tonight. Help me if you can.

I was thinking Jodi could have just taken the gun quietly and then put it back after the murder. Why have it reported stolen as part of a break-in?

Her grandpa must have kept close track of his guns, I'm guessing, and would have noticed it missing right away. Or perhaps she thought she was really safer if LE had it on report as stolen.

Trying to think like Jodi taxes my brain!

Okay, she might have thought once Travis was found dead LE would hear about her previous antics. But, I doubt they'd be checking out all her grandpa's guns if she put it back. Having it reported as stolen worked against her in the end. What do others think on this subject?

See, I'm no good at being a sneaky criminal. I wouldn't have thought of the gas cans either.

I believe when the guilty verdict is read, Jodi will nod her head with a huge smirk and say to JW, "I knew it! See? I told you!" Then she will shrug and look to the gallery and say, "Guess we'll get busy to rush my appeal."

She's such a smarty-pants. She will have to show the world that she's not surprised and that she has, "everything under control." :clown:

I have thought of this a lot....just what will JA do....I think she will start yelling at her lawyers and the jury, 'I am battered' at least that...and I hope nothing worse. The guards should be behind and on both sides of her, keeping everyone safe.

Her grandfather said the gun was loaded with jacked hollow-point ammo. The grandparents weren't called as witnesses as far as I know. I don't know if any bullets to the stolen gun were found at the house; I'm guessing not. I don't know if the police report was submitted into evidence, but that's a good question. I don't remember it being shown to the jury, but I can't remember many things from this case; especially from the beginning. There are several days of testimony that I never watched.

I read somewhere that .25 ammo was found at her parents home after her arrest, not sure where I read it though.

Not to mention the "linebacker" stance, which would mean the bullet entered his forehead and made a sharp left and downward turn. I know it can change direction, but that's quite a boomerang.

Oh yes, There she was making up a story to match the evidence again...If we don't get justice for Travis in this case, I honestly don't think I will ever be able to watch another trial that I'm interested in.

I know nothing about the cases you're referring to, but just from what I read it said the one with the little girl happened during a robbery...so that makes me think maybe the jurors saw it differently than like this case where Jodi setting up a trip on purpose to torture a man. I don't know. And do you know if that other woman took the stand? I know it's gotta be hard in that situation as a juror, but IMO in this case Jodi lied directly to the jurors about virtually everything.

Maybe you are right. But she set out and targeted that particular family from what I gather. She was an evil woman who had prior convictions. The child was shot in the face 3 times while she pleaded for her life, and they also killed her father...the jury had a hard time giving the defendants the DP. I'm not sure about the other woman (Debra Milke), whether she took the stand or not. I think she did. Anyway, there will probably be a new trial or she will be set free. The conviction was overturned because the detective did some shady things and did not record confessions, nor did he have any witnesses when he interviewed her I gather.

Anyway, As long as JA goes away for good, I'll be satisfied. Although I do think she deserves the DP. However, I do believe that JA is the type that will adjust to prison just fine - which I hate even thinking about. I think she should live out the rest of her life in misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*