Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: Then why did he sign up for Jury duty?

If this jury is hung, it will be chaos.

Or maybe he's afraid that if they don't come out with the right outcome that he could end up like the jury in Fl. How do you think people will react if their verdict is hung?

I used to watch this channel at night. I can't sleep without the tv on, the quiet wakes me up. It's one of the few channels that doesn't go to paid programming which also wakes me up. I started having nightmares around the shows I was hearing in my sleep. Now I watch Hallmark Movie channel...lol Murder She Wrote and Matlock all night.

Hannibal, the new series, is on right now. It has some freakish scenes of murder victims being found in deer antlers, etc., Tonight, it's murder victims hanging as angels. Oops, sorry.

I usually can't remember any dreams or nightmares.

The autopsy pics alone prove to me she needs to be given the DP. Those pics tell so much.

Oh yes, There she was making up a story to match the evidence again...If we don't get justice for Travis in this case, I honestly don't think I will ever be able to watch another trial that I'm interested in.

AS, That's what I said after the Casey Anthony verdict, but here I am! :blushing::seeya:

Sorta O/T...

But I was just looking over the cases of the 3 women who sit on AZ Death Row and learned that one of them was just recently overturned (Debra Milke). Her conviction was just recently thrown out after 20 something years due to misconduct by the prosecution. And then I went onto read about Shawna Forde, she orchestrated a horrible crime in which a 9 year old little girl and father were killed during a robbery (the mother was also seriously injured). Anyway, I was reading an article and read some comments jurors had made about deciding upon the death penalty. It seems that they had a very difficult time reaching a decision whether or not to apply the DP. That crime involved an innocent little girl, and if anyone deserves the DP -it's someone who murders a child!!! It got me thinking about this jury and whether or not they will give JA the DP. Only 3 women have been sentenced to the DP in AZ since the 1930's I believe. I'll be happy if she gets life without the chance of parole, but would be fine if she gets the DP because I think she deserves it. However, it's hard to say what the jury will vote for - it doesn't seem like juries are willing to give women the DP as much as they are men.

True but Juan has one of the 3 he's procescuted so far waiting for the DP. Let's make it 2 for him and 4 on death row. I'm not for DP as for me, if I had to spend an hour in any type confinement, I'd be in disbelief. Anywhoo, This case wants me to give a dp to Jodi. If she didn't lie like a dog it wouldn't have been too hard to understand the defense side but she did and they ran with it.

I fear a version 4 is coming out soon via Jodi...called "If I did it"...garr

http://wftc.membercenter.worldnow.c.../02/25/meet-the-3-women-on-arizonas-death-row

Gunshot or stabbed? If she shot him first, premeditated, she stole the gun, drove to his house with a gun in the car knowing what she would do for 6 hours, not self defense, premeditated.

Knife, I cannot see it. She did not steal a knife, no proof of any knife.

All this mumbo jumbo, if I was to kill anyone, as a woman, I would kill them with a gun. Easy,
and clean. Boom, boom. No mess to clean up. Do it in the shower.

Makes a lot more sense than stabbing someone. A huge mess to clean.

She showed up with the gun, shot him once, the gun jammed, he was still alive spitting blood into the sink, she freaked out that he was still alive, got a knife and started to stab him in the back, hoping he would die, but it did not work, he was running for the front door, and that is where she stabbed him to death and ***** his throat, just to make sure.

This medical examiner was not too convincing today.

Flores said the gun shot came first. And I truly believe that.

If she shot him first, premeditated.

Stabbing, not so much.

My opinion..

Seems to me that JA had no problem with using knives. She slashed tires with a knife, stabbed TA to death with a knife, and had 2 knives hidden in her rental car in a subsequent incident.

How does stabbing him first take away premeditation? :confused:

I read somewhere that .25 ammo was found at her parents home after her arrest, not sure where I read it though.

You are right. We still do not know what kind of bullet was used when JA shot Travis that I have heard. Was it a hollow point? I don't recall that but I didn't watch the entire trial. Was there a ballistics expert that I missed?

BBM~ I 100% agree the first infliction was a stab to the heart.

That's pretty much how I see things panned out.

I guess with one difference. I feel there's no need for the camera flash in order to stun him, though. I personally think she could have quite easily asked him to stand or kneel facing towards the camera, and just asked him to close his eyes for the sake of the shot. He would be in an extremely vulnerable position and give her the best chance of immobilizing him with the first blow. I suspect that is where the wound to the vena cava occurred.

Susan Smith, if I remember correctly, was found guilty of first degree murder. I cannot, off hand, recall why she was not sentenced to DP. Was is due to her state not having the DP? I forget.

IIRC- Susan Smiths stepfather pled to the jury on her behalf and admitted to having sexually abused Susan repeatedly when she was younger.

I didn't start watching the Simpson trial until I was recuperating from surgery during the summer. I sat on the sofa in our den, my trusty Jack Russell Terrier on my lap (carefully!), and got caught up in the trial until it ended. That was the first trial that I watched on Court TV. To this day, I still won't write OJ on a grocery list when we need orange juice - I write out the words :D
The father of the Kardashion sisters (not sure how to spell their last name) sat next to OJ during the trial. After the trial, he publically said my friend is innocent. Before he died, he said, we all knew OJ did this. He said, I sat with him to lend support. He went on to say, as the trial went on I knew he killed them. And then he went on to say, once in a while, tv shows a clip of the verdict. He said you will see me sitting next to OJ. He said, he did not smile when OJ was found not guilty. He said we all knew he was guilty. So, if you ever see the clip, Mr. Kasdashion is sitting next to OJ. His hair is black and slicked back. He is wearing glasses. On another note. OJ was given a change of venue. NO request was ever filed for one. That is unheard of. San Diego reporter pointed that out. Jury selection was from East LA.

Another question for fellow Sleuthers - Why did Grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - To get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did Grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

Personally, I think it was a pathetic attempt by the DT to try and get sympathy from the jury. I could not EVEN imagine putting my Grandparents through what JA has. I would probably off myself before having to face them.

Just listening to the beginning of rebuttal arguments with the medical examiner that has been practicing since 2001.

Jodi looks like would really prefer to be excused with a migraine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0fje33320"]Jodi Arias murder trial day 3. Please be warned, very graphic photos. Medical examiner on stand. - YouTube[/ame]

p/s: am I on the wrong thread?

I'm reading juror #8 was possibly arrested for DUI? I'm usually the last to know these things so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RXrKWuoR
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-officer-hes-on-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused

WOW. Thanks for finding this. I think you are the first to bring this news over here.

If this is true, I wonder what the legal basis of removing him would be. He still is not convicted of it , but maybe because of a possible conviction it would be reason enough to have juror removed.

Sorta O/T...

But I was just looking over the cases of the 3 women who sit on AZ Death Row and learned that one of them was just recently overturned (Debra Milke). Her conviction was just recently thrown out after 20 something years due to misconduct by the prosecution. And then I went onto read about Shawna Forde, she orchestrated a horrible crime in which a 9 year old little girl and father were killed during a robbery (the mother was also seriously injured). Anyway, I was reading an article and read some comments jurors had made about deciding upon the death penalty. It seems that they had a very difficult time reaching a decision whether or not to apply the DP. That crime involved an innocent little girl, and if anyone deserves the DP -it's someone who murders a child!!! It got me thinking about this jury and whether or not they will give JA the DP. Only 3 women have been sentenced to the DP in AZ since the 1930's I believe. I'll be happy if she gets life without the chance of parole, but would be fine if she gets the DP because I think she deserves it. However, it's hard to say what the jury will vote for - it doesn't seem like juries are willing to give women the DP as much as they are men.
Yeah, but the other woman on Death Row in AZ, Wendy Andriano, who killed her husband because he wasn't dying of cancer fast enough, was prosecuted by Juan!!!!!

Gunshot or stabbed? If she shot him first, premeditated, she stole the gun, drove to his house with a gun in the car knowing what she would do for 6 hours, not self defense, premeditated.

Knife, I cannot see it. She did not steal a knife, no proof of any knife.

All this mumbo jumbo, if I was to kill anyone, as a woman, I would kill them with a gun. Easy,
and clean. Boom, boom. No mess to clean up. Do it in the shower.

Makes a lot more sense than stabbing someone. A huge mess to clean.

She showed up with the gun, shot him once, the gun jammed, he was still alive spitting blood into the sink, she freaked out that he was still alive, got a knife and started to stab him in the back, hoping he would die, but it did not work, he was running for the front door, and that is where she stabbed him to death and ***** his throat, just to make sure.

This medical examiner was not too convincing today.

Flores said the gun shot came first. And I truly believe that.

If she shot him first, premeditated.

Stabbing, not so much.

My opinion..

The question would be then did the gun kill him? If the gunshot was not fatal then they can't accuse her of murdering him with the gun. So then she got a hold of a knife somehow, so did she premeditate killing him with the knife? Or was that an intent to kill him. Which leads to another question is the judge allowing this charge of Heat of Passion/Manslaughter charge? Here is the Arizona statute for Manslaughter.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01103.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

You are right. We still do not know what kind of bullet was used when JA shot Travis that I have heard. Was it a hollow point? I don't recall that but I didn't watch the entire trial. Was there a ballistics expert that I missed?

that I'm not sure as I'm in the same boat you are, I'm sure another sleuther will be along to answer that for us.

I read somewhere on here today that he was an Editor for one of her books. I for one am looking forward to this Expert Witness...I foresee a massive Train Wreck and an Epic Fail. :rockon:

I really suspect this "witness unavailability" is all about the DT getting time to work with him on what he is going to present.

I can totally see Juan's questions:
- Have you ever done an evaluation on Jodi Arias?
- When was the first time you met with Jodi Arias?

No further questions.

The father of the Kardashion sisters (not sure how to spell their last name) sat next to OJ during the trial. After the trial, he publically said my friend is innocent. Before he died, he said, we all knew OJ did this. He said, I sat with him to lend support. He went on to say, as the trial went on I knew he killed them. And then he went on to say, once in a while, tv shows a clip of the verdict. He said you will see me sitting next to OJ. He said, he did not smile when OJ was found not guilty. He said we all knew he was guilty. So, if you ever see the clip, Mr. Kasdashion is sitting next to OJ. His hair is black and slicked back. He is wearing glasses. On another note. OJ was given a change of venue. NO request was ever filed for one. That is unheard of. San Diego reporter pointed that out. Jury selection was from East LA.
Robert Kardashian had been one of OJ's lawyers, although I don't think he was part of the Dream Team. I've also gotten confirmation from someone else I believe was part of the Dream Team that they knew he was guilty, but defended him under "moral cover".

Maybe you are right. But she set out and targeted that particular family from what I gather. She was an evil woman who had prior convictions. The child was shot in the face 3 times while she pleaded for her life, and they also killed her father...the jury had a hard time giving the defendants the DP. I'm not sure about the other woman (Debra Milke), whether she took the stand or not. I think she did. Anyway, there will probably be a new trial or she will be set free. The conviction was overturned because the detective did some shady things and did not record confessions, nor did he have any witnesses when he interviewed her I gather.

Anyway, As long as JA goes away for good, I'll be satisfied. Although I do think she deserves the DP. However, I do believe that JA is the type that will adjust to prison just fine - which I hate even thinking about. I think she should live out the rest of her life in misery.

Omigosh yes that is crazy...why would it be so hard to have given her the DP in that situation? But I guess it's like they say you never know until you are the one with the life in your hands. That's why we don't get Wilmott or Nurmi, but they believe strongly in what they're doing because it's her life in their hands...I can understand that coming from their viewpoint. Even if Jodi gets DP from my understanding it will be decades before she's actually put to death...so I want her to get DP mainly for the purpose of keeping her locked up 23 hrs a day and not being able to socialize. I am also with you that Jodi will flourish in a "regular" jail...make all kinds of jail friends...share stories...have regular visitors....ugh it just disgusts me. I don't really care that much about the actual death part of it....but I want her to be locked up and by that i mean LOCKED UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*