Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my opinion that it's possible TA was shot first isn't a popular one. I just want to make it clear that this doesn't mean I believe anything JA says. I'm also not the only one who questions the order of the injuries which means it's very possible that a juror or two could be questioning it as well.

I really don't see the significance of whether she shot first or stabbed first. To me what is more significant is the overkill, the fact that he had defensive wounds, the fact that JA's story of self-defense makes ZERO sense, the fact that TA was still alive when she nearly decapitated him and that is why I believe she is a cold blooded murderer.

The other items such as the stolen gun, the dyed hair, the gas cans, etc... I think those prove that this murder was premeditated. Then the odd behavior, the stalking, etc... proves she has BPD.

Never saw anyone cry like Jodie Arias.... She just makes a face and bends her nose back and forth.:floorlaugh:

FYI the jury has already seen both the crime scene pics AND the autopsy pics more than just a couple times now. Some of the pics have been shown multiple times. They will see them again during closing arguments and the photos will be available to them during their deliberations.

There is no certainty Arias will get death. She might; then again, she might not. It's not an automatic and it's ultimately up to 12 people. I know that will anger some people, but that's the way it is.

FYI there were some shown today that they had not seen yet, particularly the gunshot wound.

Oh, do tell. What was she doing in court today! Fisties? Dramatic "crying"? Glares? Angry whispering? What was she so on about?

Dramatic "crying," probably because her grandmother was there to see her handiwork, IMO. The poor woman who took her in, I think, AND whose home provided the gun had to look on a big screen and what it was used for. :twocents:

What incenses me more is the absolute agony they deliberately put the Alexanders through. IMO, they did NOT believe their client, and I will go so far as to say I believe they both lied for her at different points in the trial.
They both went far beyond the "duty" they are called upon, and the both disgust me.

I agree and should have added all they did to this family has been stomach turning.

Anyone who thinks this was "the longest trial like ever" obviously didn't watch the OJ Simpson trial. NINE MONTHS. Yes, NINE MONTH trial.

I didn't start watching the Simpson trial until I was recuperating from surgery during the summer. I sat on the sofa in our den, my trusty Jack Russell Terrier on my lap (carefully!), and got caught up in the trial until it ended. That was the first trial that I watched on Court TV. To this day, I still won't write OJ on a grocery list when we need orange juice - I write out the words :D

Does anyone know if the jury is auto sequestered for deliberations??
No. It is not automatic. The DT asked for it several times throughout the trial and were denied. I believe it has been more than 20 years (something close to that) since AZ has sequestered a jury.
I pray this jury will use their common sense and brains and come to the only verdict I believe possible - M1.

I also do not know which came first the shot or the knife wound. We can make very plausible and good theories for either. I know the human body is capable of so very much that we can not understand it all. I know I have read about decapitated people being able to walk after they were beheaded, so I believe anything is possible. I can see it either way and both ways make sense. The main thing is that Jodi killed Travis in a cruel inhumane premeditated fashion. Lets hope the jury gets this one right.

It should be over now. Granting surebuttal for a defense witness who is (of course) unavailable until Wednesday is just ridiculous.

The question that made me say wtf? was the one asking Dr. Horn about whether or not he could have been wrong. It's science ffs. Mathematics is an absolute. I don't get it at all.

I'm not concerned about pro defense. I'm concerned about pro blockhead. :help:

JM has to have a chance to prepare for cross exam of this witness. He will also meet with his experts to review this witness's report. JSS had to give him time to do so. I also think JSS may have limited the scope to which this witness can testify. JMO

I hope not...I hope she went back to the slammer with her stomach so upset that she won't be able to eat her baloney sandwich.

It's almost over for her! I don't know if reality has set in yet! Makes you wonder if she still thinks she's going to be acquitted.
I hope she can't sleep these next few days. She needs to realize that she's about to be
HELD ACCOUNTABLE

Woww!! Excellent. Do we know if a surrebuttal was allowed? I hope not!!

I think we are all entitled to examine the evidence and critique what we find fault with. We don't have to work with the ME's opinion to be solidly on Travis' side.

Also, I note that every attorney on here thus far who has given an opinion believes Travis was shot first and several people with hunting expertise and expertise with .25's, as well as some in the health care profession who have witnessed gun shot wounds to the head, believe Travis could have been shot first and moved around and talked for a while in that condition. So there is room for doubt and we should be able to voice that doubt.

But what we can and should do is possibly leave that conversation to the sequence of events thread which i think is devoted to the issue?

I'm bumping my post to ask whether the ME negated the possibility of Travis lunging like a linebacker and rushing at her after being shot in the head. Anyone?

ETA: I'm not trying to contradict my statement above. I want to know what he testified to, not debate the sequence here!!!

Very profound post. The bolded part especially resonated with me. I agree with your prediction. She's not getting out of this and her revolting bashing of the victim really did her in. That's what caused the most anger toward her, I think.

The ME testified that due to the bullet touching the brain and the shockwaves also Travis would not have been capable of any purposeful activity.

Oh, do tell. What was she doing in court today! Fisties? Dramatic "crying"? Glares? Angry whispering? What was she so on about?

IMO she was fake crying due to JM showing a lot of the autopsy photos to Dr. Horn. I think she pinches her nose to make it red and tries to grab a nose hair or two so she will tear up! :moo:

Any docs that show how he was shot trajectory wise? Because I can not see this just from the xray. I see it in his jaw, But I don't see how it got there.. She through the top of his head??? And then it lodged in his jaw???? Thanks!

No the wound is over his right eyebrow. There is a picture but it's heart breakingly graphic.

I just cannot get over her mothers behaviour in the courtroom. She smiles,giggles and acts like she's the proud mother of a celebrity. Is she hiding her feelings or is she missing some coco puffs?

I think the apple doesn't fall from the tree just like Casey and Cindy. moo

Beth Karas reports that the first pic that JM showed today was the autopsy photo of Travis with gunshot wound to the head. The newest photo that most haven't seen, it is so devastating. And then there were more.

We missed the power of the prosecution's presentation at the end, I'm thinking.

so this robert geffner,has books on amazon and hes wanting $167 for one ?! seriously??

i look forward to juan tearing him down down down to join his esteemed colleague alyce

IMO she was fake crying due to JM showing a lot of the autopsy photos to Dr. Horn. I think she pinches her nose to make it red and tries to grab a nose hair or two so she will tear up! :moo:

It's an act to make her appear like she's suffering from PTSD -- in particular avoidance. A behavior she did not display when she believed her alibi would hold up.

The questions today were okay. We can never tell what the jurors are thinking and why they ask the questions that they do.

We were all anxiously waiting for rebuttal. It has come and gone now. It has all happened so fast. It's all a bit surreal.

I wonder if Juror 8 CEO was the juror who started many of the questions with..

" TA was stabbed 29x's, throat slit & gun shot to head...."

Just noticed today & yesterday no questions started that way & usually there is at least 1 in each round of Juror questions!

... and ironical that the recess is of their own making. I guarantee they will regret it once Juan is finished with their third expert!

Hln is reporting the pictures of Travis shown in court today were of the autopsy photos ? Travis on the table etc etc?

I wonder if she was crying because Dr Horn got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha