DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote of the day....

"It's simple geometry"

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cried out when I nicked my thumb cutting onions today.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE NO-ONE HEARD the screams of fear, pain and anguish coming from that bathroom at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday afternoon??? Kids were home from school, people coming home from work, walking dogs, picking up mail, loading up the van to head to soccer practice....You have to expect that JA was screaming in rage, Travis was crying out in agony, there was a gunshot. I just don't get it.

Please let there be justice for Travis soon.
Perhaps she slit his throat/vocal chords first, that would have prevented him from crying out?

My take on this is that the DT watches a lot of TV. They take their cues not from the actual circumstances, but from the "can't bother to research" programs on MSM.

You know, "ideal Mormon couple who had a dark secret". Ugh

Clips of Travis joking about being a 30 year old virgin. Mmmkay.

Photos taken by JA that make it appear to have been a MUCH longer relationship than it was, like they were engaged or something. Ick.

I think the DT wanted to run with that image that TV had already erroneously set up because even the jurors may have seen some of that nonsense prior to be chosen and whether they realized it or not, it may have made a tiny niche in their minds.

What the DT failed to realize is that the brutality of the crime and the creepy behavior of the killer coupled with lie after lie after lie would wipe away any remnant of the "committed young Mormon couple" and the "maiden wronged".

One thing I do sort of understand is the media's fixation on the sexual angle of the story. People are just plain interested in sex, even those who pretend not to be. And the whole Mormon, 30 year old virgin thing was ripe for the picking as far as sensationalism.

What is just shocking, IMO, is that the DT put on a defense that was just as unsourced and sensationalized as the typical HLN program on TV today.

And that is not acceptable.

All MOO, of course.

BTW, I heart Deanna Reid.

"""""""My take on this is that the DT watches a lot of TV"""""""

They sure do. I just hope that Juan brings up the point about the Journals, and how JA had near 2 months to fashion her writings to tie in to her innocence and create her own story. Nurmi mentioned this on 4-4-13
His concern was that something from her journal that the DT didn't cherry-pick might get seen by the Jurors.

Jodi Arias' Journal Entry Shows Strong Motive To Kill Travis Alexander: "Cut Off Its Life Source"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gPP2dMxQGY

Published on Apr 5, 2013

On April 4, 2013 Jodi Arias' lawyer Kirk Nurmi filed a motion to sequester the jury after video showing Jodi's parents being interviewed by police and Jodi's previously unseen journal entries were released and shown on the news. One of the journal entries reveals a strong possible motive for why Jodi killed Travis. She just could not stop loving him and wished she could stop. The entry reads:

"I love him. I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a lightswitch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source. Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network of wires that do and mean nothing."

The phrase "just cut the circuit ... cut off its life source" has an eerie implication of a knife cutting a neck and the phrase "make it dead in a second" has an equally eerie implication of a gunshot. "Duct tape" was also found at the crime scene. There's no question why Nurmi wouldn't want the jury to see this. <<< the part I don't understand...too prejudicial

Video Responses
This video is a response to Jodi Arias' Shocking Journal Entry:
Jodi Arias' Shocking Journal Entry: Did She Reveal Her Motive To Kill Travis In Her Own Journal?

What is strange to me is that video of Travis (with Jodi on his lap sleeping) when he describes the burglary event when he had a gun pointed to his head in the exact spot (right side above the eyebrow) where JA ultimately shot him. Perhaps maybe she did it intentionally to more or less say, "Here, Travis...here's the bullet you never got that day". That seems symbolic to me.

I have to speak to this because I saw a TON of posts about it while I was frantically trying to catch up the other night:

Travis was NOT recounting a real-life experience in that video clip. He was telling his friends about a DREAM he'd had. :facepalm:

Sorry, not directed at you! Seems a bunch of peeps and HLN got that one wrong. :blushing:

I LOL at myself because I read so many conflicting posts, tweets and sometimes I actually dream that I am reading WS. And I know I am not the only one. That was all.:smile:

:seeya: Omg...I dream I'm posting or reading on here all the time...I have terrible insomnia and have those weird dreams (when I *do* sleep) where one dreams of doing everyday things...its so weird...

(I miss dreaming about fun stuff....)

Has anyone found the autopsy photos the ME showed in court today?

Not the ones Josie posted, those were available before.

The photos today were never released before today.

I do have the link to them. If it's ok with mods to post, otherwise can PM them to you

They sure do. I just hope that Juan brings up the point about the Journals, and how JA had near 2 months to fashion her writings to tie in to her innocence and create her own story. Nurmi mentioned this on 4-4-13
His concern was that something from her journal that the DT didn't cherry-pick might get seen by the Jurors.

Jodi Arias' Journal Entry Shows Strong Motive To Kill Travis Alexander: "Cut Off Its Life Source"

Published on Apr 5, 2013

On April 4, 2013 Jodi Arias' lawyer Kirk Nurmi filed a motion to sequester the jury after video showing Jodi's parents being interviewed by police and Jodi's previously unseen journal entries were released and shown on the news. One of the journal entries reveals a strong possible motive for why Jodi killed Travis. She just could not stop loving him and wished she could stop. The entry reads:

"I love him. I could not possibly love him not, though I wish I could stop. Turn it off like a lightswitch. Duct tape it down so it can't turn back on. Or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source. Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. A meaningless network of wires that do and mean nothing."

The phrase "just cut the circuit ... cut off its life source" has an eerie implication of a knife cutting a neck and the phrase "make it dead in a second" has an equally eerie implication of a gunshot. "Duct tape" was also found at the crime scene. There's no question why Nurmi wouldn't want the jury to see this. <<< the part I don't understand...too prejudicial

Video Responses
Jodi Arias' Shocking Journal Entry: Did She Reveal Her Motive To Kill Travis In Her Own Journal?

Why didn't the prosecution bring this entry up?? Any idea?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I have to speak to this because I saw a TON of posts about it while I was frantically trying to catch up the other night:

Travis was NOT recounting a real-life experience in that video clip. He was telling his friends about a DREAM he'd had. :facepalm:

Sorry, not directed at you! Seems a bunch of peeps and HLN got that one wrong. :blushing:

Thank you FK!!!

I bet Jodi's grandmother was shocked to see what horrible injuries Travis sustained at the hands of her granddaughter. The same granddaughter who came back from the murder and acted pretty normal.

Some tv lawyer said earlier that most likely the pics not shown previously had been kept out by the defense as too prejudicial but Martinez was able to get them in today to refute Jodi's testimony

Just jumping off of your post TexMex..... :seeya:

I just don't understand "too prejudicial". Jodi admits killing Travis. Pictures of a deceased Travis are just showing what she actually admits that she did. How can something like the visual evidence of what she did to Travis be "too prejudicial"? It is what it is. Isn't it?

I completely agree, Wilmott has been given the job of keeping Jodi 'occupied' so she doesn't act out (or get a migraine) and it must be exhausting! I have not noticed Nurmi interact with Jodi much at all, when Wilmott has been 'up' Jodi and Nurmi don't even look at each other. I think he just can't do it.

Oh and those pictures up thread of Jodi staring at Wilmott are intense. This trial must be disturbing for them in so many ways.

Oh, I agree....I think Nurmi is terrified of Jodi! (Probably JW too!)

I'm curious f anyone knows if the Dr. testifying Wed will be allowed to retest Jodi or just try to reinterpret Dr. Demarte's tests? Is it possible he may just comment on the portions that she said she didn't use in her conclusion because they weren't supported by enough research?

Either way, I'm sure Juan will make it known that this is an eleventh hour witness brought in to try to repair that that cannot be repaired.

IIRC on cross or answers to juror questions, JA testified she told a psychologist ( she made sure to say "not a therapist") from San Diego about the alleged pedophilia back in 2009 or 2010. She said she couldn't remember "his" name.

I wonder if this was Dr. Geffner - I think I read somewhere that he was from San Diego. Maybe he saw her and then recommended ALV to the defense team, and now that that did not work out so well, he has agreed to come and try to clean up the mess?

MOO

If someone else has already said this, please forgive me.....
Am I following JW correctly when, in her final questioning, she asked the ME all about the neck wound and wouldn't the neck wound be incapacitating enough that he would not be able to hold his head up...
In her closing - is she planning to argue that Travis was holding his head up in the picture where Jodi is dragging him down the hall? That's what I gleaned from her question. What do you think?

I do have the link to them. If it's ok with mods to post, otherwise can PM them to you

We've been allowed to post the links to all evidence photos all along. They just don't want you to embed the pictures themselves into your post so that we have to click the link to go and see them.

HTH

I LOL at myself because I read so many conflicting posts, tweets and sometimes I actually dream that I am reading WS. And I know I am not the only one. That was all.:smile:

I got it Sulamith. It's a tangled web sometimes on this thread. I thought I had read it, but between posts, tweets, wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly. Thanks.:seeya:

Published on Apr 5, 2013

Video Responses

That video was in response to this one and Nurmi had her stop because the next paragraph said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlQLSaTY20E

I should of known better than turn on JVM... she's always has the loudest Defense attorneys on there..sending me running for the Tylenol

Not a dream. Here's an interview of someone who was with Travis when it happened: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/13/friend-i-survived-robbery-attempt-travis-alexander.

Does anyone have a link to the pictures that were shown in court today?

I just looked at the first autopsy photo that was shown today. There are just not words. :tears: I knew better than to look, but the only reason I am "glad" I did is I now have zero fear the jury will not convict of 1st. Has anyone from court reported in on juror reaction? I know the court watchers have said the pictures are even more horrific in court on that giant screen. I have to think the jurors must have gasped.

Regarding the new shrink -- it will fall on deaf ears and give Juan a chance to bring up her stalking and other bad deeds.

Where are these photos that were shown in court today-TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member