Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, aa9511 :)

At first glance, the news of there only being 2 minutes between the bangs and Oscar's call to security was a win for the defense.

But after much thought about this, I think it works against them.

The sounds of the gunshots heard by Burger and Johnson coincide with the end of a phone call, so they have a documented time via phone records. It was very shortly after 3:17am that the shots occurred. And I do believe them when they say they heard "gun" shots. They are credible to me.

Then, the defense has a documented call from Oscar to security (Stander) at 3:19am and approximately 30 seconds.

To me, this disproves Oscars detailing of events. I don't think he did all that running around and trying to figure out where Reeva was, etc. after he shot her.

I tend to think that he knew exactly who he shot. After the shots, he pretty quickly got that door down and pulled her out of that toilet room, picked up the phone and called Stander. That would make sense within 2 minutes. Just my opinion.

Yes, I do believe that the door was locked. We'll need to wait and hear testimony about the door actually being locked and where exactly that key was found. Oscar previously stated that the key to the toilet was found inside the toilet room once he broke the door panel. He reached in and used the key to unlock the door and get Reeva out.

Are you talking about today's testimony from Dr. S??
Was the 2 minutes explicitly stated? If so, I missed that.
Please expand.

It's pretty much the same for the uk, bathroom is the shower/ bath, we call the room with just a toilet the loo ie: going to the loo, going to spend a penny haha :p

I have mentioned before that I have never come across a home in SA that has an enclosed loo INSIDE the bathroom, it's always nextdoor to the bathroom.(meaning the bathroom and loo will be two completely separate rooms, not a room within a room kwim...It was very confusing to me to understand what and how this happened initially until I saw the blue prints. Very unusual. :)

Thanks, Carol, that's as I thought then. So no confusion locally over which is the "bathroom window" (as there would be for Americans). There is a bathroom window and a toilet window.

I agree that the configuration is unusual - normally you have a separate loo outside the bathroom, so that someone can use the loo without disturbing the privacy of anyone using the bathroom. I suppose in a family situation you might have one person using the bath while another showers, so it might be convenient to have the bathroom loo enclosed as an extra luxury.

Just a note for interests sake, I'm not sure how the proceeding are going to go in the following days, our country's electricity is "apparently" under strain and they started load shedding today, we will be loosing 4-6 hours of electricity during the day ( we have been without for most of the day).. I'm not sure if the courts have generators to keep proceedings going during the hours of outage or if they will just postpone every time they load shed. The timing is city/suburb dependant. I hope it doesn't delay and interfere too much with proceedings. Just a heads up.. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Carol.

Does your country use wind energy?

Some attoneys in your courts may emit great amounts of hot air. :) [Trying to add some levity to the tragic testimony of today.]

OOOPs yes I should have said February 13th. Lost it there, apologies. Looks like 23 per cent illumination.

I saw 8.8% for night of the 13th. (And some 15% for the 14th.)

But as noted above, I still don't see how to find out the position of the moon at 3 AM on the 14th.

Today we have learned: if OP screams it sounds like a woman is screaming :floorlaugh:

Therefore, I would conclude his testosterone level is very low.

Perhaps this is the reason he used the *Testis compositum* :dance: :silenced:

Thanks for the heads up, Carol.

Does your country use wind energy?

There are certain attoneys in your courts that emit great amounts of hot air it seems. :) [Trying to add some levity to the tragic testimony of today.]
Hahaha!! Lol :p Clearly they do,didn't hear about any outages today in court while the rest of the country came to a stand still for hours on end.

Hahaha!! Lol :p Clearly they do,didn't hear about any outages today in court while the rest of the country came to a stand still for hours on end.

Now you make it sound like the event in The Day The Earth Stood Still.Did you see Michael Rennie running from police or military?

Be prepared to immediately utter "Klaatu barada nikto". If you see Gort.

Was it all of SA with the power outage?

Now you make it sound like the event in The Day The Earth Stood Still.Did you see Michael Rennie running from police or military?

Be prepared to immediately utter "Klaatu barada nikto". If you see Gort.

Was it all of SA with the power outage?
Oh lol!!!

Yep, it effects the whole country, they roll the black outs in 2.5h periods for different areas. Today we were out from 8-10.30am, 12-2pm and again at 4-6.30pm. Other areas are shut down during the other times. It's until April 2. It's very frustrating because naturally nothing works, most shops close their doors, traffic is chaos because robots don't work, and god forbid my iPad runs outs of battery life!!!!

Oh lol!!!

Yep, it effects the whole country, they roll the black outs in 2.5h periods for different areas. Today we were out from 8-10.30am, 12-2pm and again at 4-6.30pm. Other areas are shut down during the other times. It's until April 2. It's very frustrating because naturally nothing works, most shops close their doors, traffic is chaos because robots don't work, and god forbid my iPad runs outs of battery life!!!!

Bad timing!

With that Dershowitz character calling SA "A failed country" at the same time.

Are you talking about today's testimony from Dr. S??
Was the 2 minutes explicitly stated? If so, I missed that.
Please expand.

Hi Shane,

The 2 minutes was discussed in court yesterday when Roux was questioning Johnson. See my post #1098 in this thread for more details.

Let me know what you think.

bad timing!

With that Dershowitz character calling SA "A failed country" at the same time.
I know, very bad timing and while the world is watching. :facepalm: thanks for reminding me, I actually wanted to read that article but forgot about it! Anyhow, I don't want to derail the thread with politics as that's all what these black outs are really about!

Thanks.
But it is Feb 13th we need. And that shows 8.8% illumination on that date.

But that is still insufficient because it does not tell us the position of the Moon in the sky at 3 Am on the 14th.
I think we need Feb 14 as each reading if from 00:00 on the date indicated. Moon was 15% or thereabouts on Feb. 14.

I think we need Feb 14 as each reading if from 00:00 on the date indicated. Moon was 15% or thereabouts on Feb. 14.

Well then maybe you can find the moon's position in the sky at 3 AM. (Because w.o. that it might be meaningless, as you can imagine.)
TIA

I know, very bad timing and while the world is watching. :facepalm: thanks for reminding me, I actually wanted to read that article but forgot about it! Anyhow, I don't want to derail the thread with politics as that's all what these black outs are really about!

Blackout is one word.
I do not usualy care to play grammar police. But "black out" could be misconstrued. :)

Thanks.
But it is Feb 13th we need. And that shows 8.8% illumination on that date.

But that is still insufficient because it does not tell us the position of the Moon in the sky at 3 Am on the 14th.

Ooops, sorry lost it there. Here is some other data that may be of interest.

Moon Phases etc for February 2013:-

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...month=2&year=2013&obj=moon&afl=-1&day=1&n=269

Historical Weather for Pretoria 13.2.2013 – not a lot of detail. I have been unable to track down much historical weather data for Pretoria:-

http://www.wunderground.com/history...retoria&req_state=&req_statename=South+Africa

Shane, I find this the most intriguing. I wonder why it hasn't been brought up in court more, both sides have almost dismissed it as being irrelevant but I think it's a huge statement to make from the witness.

Maybe because none of the other witnesses heard it or possibly there's going to be further evidence that it was other neighbors arguing - maybe the next door neighbors whose lights were on during these events.

Well that statement by Dershowitz was in response to questioning about the Pistorius case. I found his statement to be quite ignorant, as IMO the OP case is not about "racism", but about someone who had so many prior incidents that indicate he has hidden medical problems affecting his brain and behavior.

But here is the video for all.

[video=youtube;IRExK-MlCuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRExK-MlCuI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members